another lay off at aqua glass

another lay off at aqua glass

Posted in the Savannah Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ahhhhhh

Kingsport, TN

#1 Nov 12, 2011
another lay off at aqua glass..........all the temps that were hired, are laid off, aqua glass employees stayed, but dont know what will happen coming in monday morning........ most of the teammates will be shift around.......filling for the temps spots
what the hell

Jackson, TN

#2 Nov 12, 2011
i just got hired last week does this mean im layed off ??
what the hell

Jackson, TN

#3 Nov 12, 2011
and where did u get ur info ahhhhhh ?
Get Use 2 It

Kingsport, TN

#4 Nov 12, 2011
2014 is right around the corner when companies will have to choose between buying health insurance for all of their employees or pay at least a 3000 dollar a year fine to the US Government. When the US Government figures out the true cost on ObamaCare you can expect millions of lay-offs are coming and flight by the manufacturers to off-shore. Those companies that are going to have a reduced employee foot print in this country because of ObamaCare are reducing now over time so that they can claim it was a slow down turn of the economy so that the Federal Government will not penalize them as much as they should.
ahhhhhh

Kingsport, TN

#5 Nov 12, 2011
what the hell wrote:
and where did u get ur info ahhhhhh ?
my info is i work there and if you got hired then you are aqua glass, if you are a temp you got laid off ,,,,,,,, besides temps can be let go anytime
ThomasA

Ashville, AL

#6 Nov 12, 2011
Get Use 2 It wrote:
2014 is right around the corner when companies will have to choose between buying health insurance for all of their employees or pay at least a 3000 dollar a year fine to the US Government. When the US Government figures out the true cost on ObamaCare you can expect millions of lay-offs are coming and flight by the manufacturers to off-shore. Those companies that are going to have a reduced employee foot print in this country because of ObamaCare are reducing now over time so that they can claim it was a slow down turn of the economy so that the Federal Government will not penalize them as much as they should.
You just may be right. With all the government regulations plus The Obamacare,many places may not move out. The will just blow out the candle and the owners will liquidate and go to the house. One should always have a place to fall when it happens.
Harry

Jackson, TN

#7 Nov 12, 2011
American Food Service just did the same thing. They let go of 25 this week. The employment office said this will bring the unemployment rate for hardin County to over 30 percent. I beleive it's higher than that because I can't find work (like alot of others) and can't draw unemployment but am not figured into the percentages. I would guesstamate it to be closer to 40 percent.
ahhhhhh

Kingsport, TN

#8 Nov 13, 2011
that is sad for the ones cant get jobs around here...... may have to go further out..........heard going to jackson,tn employment office, might be a job there making $14.00 an hour(good luck)..........it dont hurt to try it.
Try Miss and Ala

Kingsport, TN

#9 Nov 13, 2011
Both states have state income tax but at least you might find a job that pays enough to live in Savannah. I know people that work a 100 miles out and come home on weekends only. It's rough on married life but when the food stamps and unemployment is not enough to hack it then you have to go further out.
Hey there

Tupelo, MS

#10 Nov 13, 2011
Aqua Glass just needs to shut the doors !!!!!
lex

Kingsport, TN

#11 Nov 15, 2011
at the moment their are jobs here that are hiring .. some r only temp jobs some are not .. i know where i work we are still working 50-60 plus hrs a week still .. might be worth looking into relocating.. theirs never been much in the way of work around there except papermill and here we are dead center memphis and nashville and i figure once they get this new bypass comin in just helps this town be more fitted for companys just a thought hope it helps some one
Attention Drug Dealers

Kingsport, TN

#12 Nov 15, 2011
lex wrote:
at the moment their are jobs here that are hiring .. some r only temp jobs some are not .. i know where i work we are still working 50-60 plus hrs a week still .. might be worth looking into relocating.. theirs never been much in the way of work around there except papermill and here we are dead center memphis and nashville and i figure once they get this new bypass comin in just helps this town be more fitted for companys just a thought hope it helps some one
Relocate to Lexington where all the money is in West Tenn. Instead of taking in food stamps you can take in real money!
lol

Kingsport, TN

#13 Nov 15, 2011
thats one thing there is plenty of in hardin county dope and welfare ...
ohh

Kingsport, TN

#15 Nov 20, 2011
ahhhhhh wrote:
that is sad for the ones cant get jobs around here...... may have to go further out..........heard going to jackson,tn employment office, might be a job there making $14.00 an hour(good luck).........it dont hurt to try it.
all temps didn't get laid off........ but they need to watch their backs, cause it might be coming.
china does it better

United States

#16 Nov 20, 2011
ahhhhhh wrote:
another lay off at aqua glass..........all the temps that were hired, are laid off, aqua glass employees stayed, but dont know what will happen coming in monday morning........ most of the teammates will be shift around.......filling for the temps spots
buy china it's cheaper and it's better to hell with the american worker we own you anyway cow sung fat you new King
already

Kingsport, TN

#17 Mar 30, 2012
Hey there wrote:
Aqua Glass just needs to shut the doors !!!!!
gelcoat production is shutting down june 29th 2012, and that is around 71 teammates, then another 30 will be gone too, 2-3 people in the office will be gone too...... it's bad here in savannah
Wally

Jackson, TN

#18 Mar 30, 2012
Your going to need to move pretty soon.Jobs won't be coming back to Savannah. Jackson,Lexington and East of Jackson is where the money and jobs are lcoated.
Mack

Kingsport, TN

#19 Mar 31, 2012
There are people who have given Aqua Glass 30 years and are being tossed out so they can keep younger hires. Its dirty there.
CRU

Chatsworth, GA

#20 Apr 2, 2012
Your right Mack!I know someone thats a manager and never worked in any sort of manufacturing before.Yep, he's young....Very dirty!
tired

Bean Station, TN

#21 Apr 23, 2012
big bad innovex beast machine cost 109 people their retirement dream.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Porn sites (Nov '14) 58 min Helen 40
Freddie Chason Murder (Dec '09) 5 hr The truth 18
Carson 6 hr truthhurts 29
The Civil War Myth 8 hr Love The South 5
Being nosey 10 hr hello 3
Whats the difference in kkk and naacp? (Feb '16) 16 hr DR PHIL 61
Lost my best friend Fri Howard Sprague 22

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages