Christians Stand Up

Since: Nov 11

Memphis, TN

#22 Jun 15, 2012
chillax wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the way this country was meant to be.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy
The United States is a representative democracy which is organized into a tight republic.

It does not function as a true democracy, and can never do so, as the Tyranny of the Majority is prevented by distinct constitutional rights for the minorities that would otherwise be oppressed.

The belief that "More of you makes you right" is wrong, and leads to a lot of bad things historically.
toad

Wilkes Barre, PA

#23 Jun 15, 2012
Rainbow_Dash wrote:
<quoted text>
The United States is a representative democracy which is organized into a tight republic.
It does not function as a true democracy, and can never do so, as the Tyranny of the Majority is prevented by distinct constitutional rights for the minorities that would otherwise be oppressed.
The belief that "More of you makes you right" is wrong, and leads to a lot of bad things historically.
it's really more a constitutional republic that makes use of a Representative democracy. With said used Representative democracy Tempered in such a way as unelected judges with lifetime terms on good behavior and hard to change laws (or rather amendments) that prohibit the federal government (and with the 14th amendment) the state, municipal, and ect governments from taking certain actions.
max

United States

#24 Jun 15, 2012
Christians should have their right to vote revoked! They should not have any say in the running of this country! Again, they should not be allowed to vote!
two cents

United States

#25 Jun 15, 2012
max wrote:
Christians should have their right to vote revoked! They should not have any say in the running of this country! Again, they should not be allowed to vote!
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard
Ricky C

Lexington, TN

#26 Jun 15, 2012
toad wrote:
<quoted text>No it was meant to be a constitutional republic.
Toady, you can't argue with these returds, they think a drowned black baby looks like a floating turd.
Ricky C

Lexington, TN

#27 Jun 15, 2012
oh yeah Toady, everyone that has a brain knows we live in a Republic. It's only the conspiracy idoits that think different
fyi

Savannah, TN

#28 Jun 15, 2012
The correct term is a democratic republic. We elect representatives. It is not logical or practical to have every citizen vote on every issue or law. Therefore, we elect representatives to do it for us. Hence, a democratic republic. That's why it is SO, SO, So, important to vote for your representatives. We have seen first hand in Hardin County politics what happens when the good ole boys get into office, not to mention on a national level also.
toad

Wilkes Barre, PA

#29 Jun 15, 2012
fyi wrote:
The correct term is a democratic republic. We elect representatives. It is not logical or practical to have every citizen vote on every issue or law. Therefore, we elect representatives to do it for us. Hence, a democratic republic. That's why it is SO, SO, So, important to vote for your representatives. We have seen first hand in Hardin County politics what happens when the good ole boys get into office, not to mention on a national level also.
No that's actually not the correct term. Constitutional Republic is the correct term. That we elect Representatives things is that representative democracy thing I was talking about. But we are not a representative democracy. The Representative democracy is a mechanism of our constitutional republic.
think about it

Newport, TN

#31 Jun 15, 2012
I am a christian and i believe with all of my heart that EVERYBODY should have the freedom to love who they choose regardless of sexual preference.No I'm not gay but I was taught as a christian to love and respect others.Life is too short and is full of horrible things so if you find somebody that brings out the best of you and teaches you to live life to the fullest then who's place is it to judge that?WE should STOP griping about what a shirt says and start learning to accept people for who they are.You don't like who they choose to be with--keep it to yourself.Don't like the shirt they wear--don't look at it.what if somebody said we could'nt wear crosses on our necklaces or shirts.it would be a different story the would'nt it?
Deez

United States

#32 Jun 16, 2012
"To the republic for which it stands", i think thats how i remember it. Religion needs to be taking out of all state funded organizations. Hence " seperation of church and state". This country was not founded on the christian belief but founded on FREEDOM of religion. Whichs means a person can believe what they want to or not believe if they so choose. As Ben Franklin once said, " A lighthouse has more use than a church". Even though you bible beaters beg to differ, allow your children to think on their own. Dont fill their head with iron age mumbo jumbo. Teach them science and teach them that they never stop learning. We are not here to understand why we are. We are here to enjoy the time we have. We are a billions and billions of years of evolution and fight over who has the best imaginary friend. Its BULLSHIT
OMG

United States

#33 Jun 16, 2012
Lets start yet another topic about this crap. So the same small minded people can come.post their same idiotic comments. And so that we can go through this same stupid shit yet again. Hell people let it go. Everyone is getting pissy over a freeking t shirt. Everyone says well my kids can't wear Christian shirts or skulls or whatever but they do. I have seen kids wearing church shirts to school and rebel. Flags and stuff like that and no one says anything because in the south that's OK. Well if a gay and proud t shirt odlffends many the student wearing a t shirt with the name of a baptist t shirt offensive a penocostal student. Many the rebel flag shirts offend those of a different ethnecity. And many you all just need to drop this played out topic. Boone's oppinion is going to change so why keep beating a dead horse. God grow up and get a life. Better yet go read a boom other than the bible because apparently that book is mentioned only for people who can't comprehend that everyone is entitled to live their life the way they want.
OMG

United States

#34 Jun 16, 2012
Also I appoligize for my horrific literacy in that last post. I did that using my phone.
Deez

United States

#35 Jun 16, 2012
Well said! Thats one thing i hate about the bible belt. If these people had to live in a more diverse society they would think the "end times" are upon us lol. Im good without god and so are alot of other people.
toad

Wilkes Barre, PA

#36 Jun 16, 2012
OMG wrote:
Lets start yet another topic about this crap. So the same small minded people can come.post their same idiotic comments. And so that we can go through this same stupid shit yet again. Hell people let it go. Everyone is getting pissy over a freeking t shirt. Everyone says well my kids can't wear Christian shirts or skulls or whatever but they do. I have seen kids wearing church shirts to school and rebel. Flags and stuff like that and no one says anything because in the south that's OK. Well if a gay and proud t shirt odlffends many the student wearing a t shirt with the name of a baptist t shirt offensive a penocostal student. Many the rebel flag shirts offend those of a different ethnecity. And many you all just need to drop this played out topic. Boone's oppinion is going to change so why keep beating a dead horse. God grow up and get a life. Better yet go read a boom other than the bible because apparently that book is mentioned only for people who can't comprehend that everyone is entitled to live their life the way they want.
What Planet are you from? People can't live their lives the way they want to. Their are plenty of limitations that very thru out the world. And please what are you trying to say by wearing a skull t-shirt? Why are you comparing a religious tshirt to a gay and proud tshirt. I'm sorry but when did sexuality or political belief become religion? Now if you wanted to mention the policy for not allowing satanic symbolism on shirts you would actually be in the same ball park. Religion versus religion.
OMG

United States

#38 Jun 16, 2012
Hey dumbass I mentioned religion could be just as offencive as sexuality. Pleasing everyone is impossiable but pissing everyone off is apparently a piece of cake
toad

Wilkes Barre, PA

#39 Jun 16, 2012
OMG wrote:
Hey dumbass I mentioned religion could be just as offencive as sexuality. Pleasing everyone is impossiable but pissing everyone off is apparently a piece of cake
My apologies. Your illegible rant about your own personal bias wasn't exactly clear.
OMG

United States

#40 Jun 16, 2012
I have a very literate finger would you like to guess which one it is? Or perhaps you would like my foot literally up your pompous ass.
toad

Wilkes Barre, PA

#41 Jun 16, 2012
OMG wrote:
I have a very literate finger would you like to guess which one it is? Or perhaps you would like my foot literally up your pompous ass.
I know the internet enabled computer has been called a window to the world but please don't try to stick your foot thru it.
OH NO

Germantown, TN

#42 Jun 16, 2012
Deez wrote:
Well said! Thats one thing i hate about the bible belt. If these people had to live in a more diverse society they would think the "end times" are upon us lol. Im good without god and so are alot of other people.

You may think you are good without God, but I'm afraid you are going to have a rude awakening someday. I wouldn't make that comment. He hold your very next breath in the palm of his hand.
Sisterchristian

Cookeville, TN

#43 Jun 16, 2012
Christian Christian OMG this ain't all about U but U gotta start the DRAMA and make it ALL ABOUT U. Spread UR hate somewhere else, this is about love! U know love one another, do not hate people gosh even I remember that from sunday school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Collins (Dec '10) 1 hr Bob the builder 3
michael johnston 2 hr Sheisallyouknow 4
savannah village shooting 5 hr duh 5
Seriously you guys are really scared? 12 hr Anyomous 1
What happened to Molly Gilbert? 13 hr Just curious 3
country music question 13 hr Wade Hayes 20
DJ Walker (Aug '14) 15 hr Grammar Police 24

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance