east hardin school
curious woman

United States

#1 Apr 28, 2012
Have have a problem. Yesterday while at school a boy in my daughters class called her a f****** b**** and a whore. Ok we have taught her to tell the teacher, well she did but the teacher didn't do anything about it. Ok so we have told her to beat the hell out of him the next time. Are we wrong for telling her to do this?
yes
#2 Apr 28, 2012
no your not. If the teacher wont do her job and protect your child them your child has the right to defend herself
curious woman

United States

#3 Apr 28, 2012
It makes me mad because they take about the bullying but yet when it happened they don't do anything about it.
FYI

Jackson, TN

#4 Apr 28, 2012
I think you should contact the principal about it and be sure to let the principal know which teacher ignored the situation. If it happens again after that, I hope your child beats the snot out of the foul mouth bully. For the record, Mr. Davis, Principal at Parris South WILL handle such problems when the student or his/her parents take the situation to him.
curious woman

United States

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Yeah I'm going to the school first thing Monday morning to talk to them. I want something done or my daughter will be sent home for fighting. It just upsets me because my child has never been in trouble , she is a very good student.
Been There

Olive Branch, MS

#6 Apr 28, 2012
No, need to go to Mr.B about the situation no punishment will be given to the bad mouth student anyways. Sorry to say this but have been there to many times for the same reason. I told my child to tell her teacher before I took any actions on the problem and she did and the only responds that my child got was a lecture on taddle-telling and was told to go sit down! Who is the child's teacher? This is the worst school yet for bullying and nothing being done about it. The children are told to tell with this new Anti-Bullying rule but when they do they get in trouble for telling. It is RIDICULOUS!!!
mrdavid

Counce, TN

#7 Apr 28, 2012
Great question and great help on topix.Have your facts and what you want to say.It helps to write it down.What day,time,etc.
Go in with a cooperative attitude,and i promise Mr.Davis will Handle it.He is a great administrator and all will be well.
curious woman

United States

#8 Apr 28, 2012
Been There wrote:
No, need to go to Mr.B about the situation no punishment will be given to the bad mouth student anyways. Sorry to say this but have been there to many times for the same reason. I told my child to tell her teacher before I took any actions on the problem and she did and the only responds that my child got was a lecture on taddle-telling and was told to go sit down! Who is the child's teacher? This is the worst school yet for bullying and nothing being done about it. The children are told to tell with this new Anti-Bullying rule but when they do they get in trouble for telling. It is RIDICULOUS!!!
it is one of the fifth grade teachers
curious woman

United States

#9 Apr 28, 2012
You know as bad as I hate it if they are not gonna stop this bullying then I'm gonna let my daughter stop it and I dare the school to punish her
yep

Tishomingo, MS

#10 Apr 28, 2012
Ya, Mr.B won't do anything. I've had the same problem 4 older kids picking on my Pre-k child. And one called her a B**ch and SHE got written up. That school is a JOKE!!
Mucho Epo

Maury City, TN

#11 Apr 28, 2012
Send them to the counselor.
Soothsayer

Jackson, TN

#12 Apr 28, 2012
They probably didn't do anything because he was telling the truth.
Wondering

Union City, TN

#13 Apr 28, 2012
If you contact the principal and he doesn't handle the problem, then I would take it to the board of education!! The board WILL have to address it and just like someone else said... Write down EVERY lil bit of information you have and present it to them!!! This is horrible that a grade school k-5th has to deal with crap like that!!! What is this world coming to???
fifth grade mom

United States

#14 Apr 29, 2012
i have had the same problem with my daughter. she is getting bullied in school and on the bus. she has told the teacher and nothing was done. same with the bus. i some what get the problem on the bus fixed, just got to deal with the problem with east hardin.. i will be glad when she gets out of fifth grade. atleast in middle school they do something bout the bulling..... but if she fights in school she will probely b kicked out of school but with about the bullies. thank u anti-bully course u help so much..... letting our kids get bullied.... more things they need to worry about when they go to school everyday and get bullied...
Parent of a Bullied Child

Henderson, TN

#15 Apr 29, 2012
I have been through this. In their defense, a teacher can only do what the administration allows them to do. MOST of my child's teachers did everything they could to protect. But, the administration laughed at my child. I do not know the situation at this school, but I do know the teachers involved personally and I know they care about their kids. Maybe their hands are tied.
STOP

Jackson, TN

#16 Apr 29, 2012
fifth grade mom wrote:
i have had the same problem with my daughter. she is getting bullied in school and on the bus. she has told the teacher and nothing was done. same with the bus. i some what get the problem on the bus fixed, just got to deal with the problem with east hardin.. i will be glad when she gets out of fifth grade. atleast in middle school they do something bout the bulling..... but if she fights in school she will probely b kicked out of school but with about the bullies. thank u anti-bully course u help so much..... letting our kids get bullied.... more things they need to worry about when they go to school everyday and get bullied...
Yes, Middle School stays on your butt about bullying! The bullying counselor speaks the truth and she takes bullying in to her own hands. She is a wonderful woman. If your child ever gets bullied at middle school and she tells the teacher. If the teacher does nothing, the next time ask to go to Mrs.Burnham. If the teacher asks why tell your child to tell him/her because they won't do anything about. The teacher can't refuse to let you go. I pray for the best for your child.
Eye miss her

Maury City, TN

#17 Apr 29, 2012
STOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Middle School stays on your butt about bullying! The bullying counselor speaks the truth and she takes bullying in to her own hands. She is a wonderful woman. If your child ever gets bullied at middle school and she tells the teacher. If the teacher does nothing, the next time ask to go to Mrs.Burnham. If the teacher asks why tell your child to tell him/her because they won't do anything about. The teacher can't refuse to let you go. I pray for the best for your child.
. Budget cuts cut her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shannon Baugus Murder Trial (Jan '11) 49 min Jjack410 42
Michael Johnston 6 hr John Smith 3
Sheriff Race 8 hr I know 8
Where's Shannon Baugus at now? (May '10) 9 hr Harry Peters 59
Colton and Jesse on the loose 9 hr Marlon 28
need recomendations 16 hr hello 5
Poll Shannon Baugus: Should she be tried for Eggs mu... (Mar '10) 18 hr Piff 163

Savannah Jobs

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages