has anyone ever been hurt on a towboat

Posted in the Savannah Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
libby

United States

#1 Jun 12, 2012
My husband was hurt at work and we need advice.
yeah

United States

#2 Jun 12, 2012
lots of accidents and deaths have happened on tow boats. My husband watched a man get crushed between a lock wall and the side of the boat as they were reaching for his hands to help him. He fell because he wasn't being careful and minding safety rules. Sadly he died. It can be a very dangerous job.
rambo

United States

#3 Jun 12, 2012
You mean to tell us that the man mint to die. im sure he didnt wake up that morning and say to himself I think im not going to be careful today and im not going to follow any safety rules and maybe I will get killed today.
River rat

United States

#4 Jun 13, 2012
I've never been hurt personally on a towboat but I.ve seen some bad things and if hes been hurt the comp. Should take care of it if not take legal action but accidents happen out there alot they can be avoided and some not so much
ex boater

Savannah, TN

#5 Jun 13, 2012
libby wrote:
My husband was hurt at work and we need advice.
And why should it matter if it was on a tow boat? you just trying to get some big bucks or something? that was the norm back 30 years ago. a lot of people hoped to get hurt on a boat because they could sue and get lots of money. or so they thought. no difference if you get hurt on a boat than if you get hurt working at Dairy Queen. When your hurt, your hurt. and if you get hurt at your work place, then workmans comp should take care of the injuries.
mike

United States

#6 Jun 13, 2012
Well I was hurt on a towboat. my company blamed me for what happen so I took legal actions and then they started treating me like shit. They stopped paying me when the doctor release me and wouldn't let me come back to work. All I can say is hire a Lawyer. Good luck!
yeah

United States

#7 Jun 13, 2012
That is not what I said or even close to what I said. You are just looking for drama rambo wannabe. I never swid the guy intentionally got his self killed and you might not want to argue about things you have no knowledge of.
yeah

United States

#8 Jun 13, 2012
said*
rambo

United States

#9 Jun 13, 2012
you said yourself in your post that he fell because he wasn't being careful or minding the safety rules.
rambo

United States

#10 Jun 13, 2012
Don't blame the Rambo for your screwed up post.
chillax

Gibson City, IL

#11 Jun 13, 2012
yeah wrote:
That is not what I said or even close to what I said. You are just looking for drama rambo wannabe. I never swid the guy intentionally got his self killed and you might not want to argue about things you have no knowledge of.
You didn't say he got himself intentionally killed. But he was killed because he ignored safety regulations. Those safety regulations are there for just that. To prevent people from dieing.
yeah

United States

#12 Jun 13, 2012
to be exact rambo he got drunk ignored safety rules and fell but wasn't intentionally trying to kill or get hisself killed. It was sad and tragic. I didn't want to say he was drunk at 1st bc ppl like you have negative things to say but I see that is already unavoidable. Lets not forget my husband held his hand and tryed to pull him to safety as he was crushed so you need to find someone else to make into a pretend topix villian.
Rambo

United States

#13 Jun 13, 2012
Who's side are you on here chillax
Rambo

United States

#14 Jun 13, 2012
Ok then he was drunk so he did break the safety rules. See if you only tell the hole story then it all makes since. Sorry if I affended you.
chillax

Gibson City, IL

#15 Jun 13, 2012
Rambo wrote:
Who's side are you on here chillax
It was a sad situation. But he did ignore safety guidelines and it was his fault.
Rambo

United States

#16 Jun 13, 2012
I agree to that after the hole story was brought out.
Rambo

United States

#17 Jun 13, 2012
Rambo a real American hero!
Rambo

United States

#18 Jun 13, 2012
By the way yeah, what negative things did I say about the man. I was taking up for him. Their is alot of things that could happen out there that are preventable but there is alot that is not.
shilohgirl

Hollywood, FL

#19 Jun 13, 2012
I had a friend who was paralyzed from a towboat accident. It's been a couple years since and his lawyer told him not to settle with them for 2 million because the problems he will have in the future are unknown. Bed sores and such, so the company still pays for all his medical bills. He's not out to get rich just to be taken care of.
Rambo

United States

#20 Jun 13, 2012
those towboat companys dont care if you get hurt. They will tell you that you still have a job but when you bring up a lawsuit then they try every way in the world to get rid of you. Let a captian or piliot get hurt and they will pay up for them but a deckhand will lose everything he's got. Deckhands can easily be replaced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best golfer in area 1 hr Waterhero 6
Idiot in black ford ranger 2 hr SquirrelHuntr 2
Smart mouth kids on Courier's fbook 3 hr Rhett Butler 14
Jossie Cook 12 hr anonymous 10
Easy street 16 hr Big dog 2
Guard stabbed at CCA 17 hr Omg 4
Tonya moss 17 hr Just me 7
Savannah Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web