FBI probes magician who shipped himse...

FBI probes magician who shipped himself via UPS

There are 12 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 10, 2009, titled FBI probes magician who shipped himself via UPS. In it, Newsday reports that:

A professional magician who claims he transported himself aboard a cargo plane on a cross-country flight from upstate New York to Las Vegas may find it difficult to escape prosecution from federal authorities ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

What A Stupid Country

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 10, 2009
Shouldn't UPS be responsible for NOT knowing what the hell they are shipping. Maybe next time they will ship a huge bomb. So now the stupid feds will waste tons of money to prosecute this nonsense.
observor

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#3 Mar 10, 2009
Don't the law enforcement douches have anything better to do than try to build a case against this guy? Why do we continue to fund the police state?
www.truthtellers.org
Soon they'll be monitoring your speech for anti-establishment attitudes. Remember what the founding fathers said about standing armies being a danger to your freedom.
Jay Hess

Massapequa, NY

#4 Mar 10, 2009
Nice to know that UPS verifies what it ships. Yeah, it was a bone-headed thing for Wade to do - but in the end, he would only hurt himself if something went wrong. But how does a big company like UPS NOT KNOW what's really in the boxes they ship?

It could have just as easily been explosives or drugs or weapons - even one that would trigger in mid air, making the UPS plane a weapon if it was over a populated area.

It's amazing that when a human being wants to fly on a plane, we are treated like cattle and every little thing is scrutinized. We can't even bring food and drink on board on some trips. But ship something UPS, and nothing is checked.

He could have easily been a terrorist with a few weapons and some tools, and in mid-flight, got out of the box to commandeer the plane. Then he could have done just about anything.

So, smack Wade in the back of the head for being a fool - but then thank him for bringing to light the gross security flaws at UPS. No federal case, please - unless it's against UPS!
UPSer776

Camp Hill, PA

#6 Mar 10, 2009
And when the price skyrockets because UPS has to verify every package not one of you better complain. Be serious do you know how many packages get shipped each day? The post office doesn't know what is in their packages being shipped so your point about UPS is what?
avgjoe

Eddyville, KY

#7 Mar 10, 2009
I agree with UPSer. I do hope he gets prosecuted. Why in your right mind would you punish a revered company like UPS for doing it's job of transporting a box? You punish the simpleton, the exception to the rule, that tries to pull this stunt. You also make an example out of him, so hopefully other peabrains won't do the same.
Deb

Coram, NY

#8 Mar 10, 2009
Hey he's lucky that what happened to my daughter's overnight letter didn't happen to him:; it took 5 days!
Asleep at the switch

New Rochelle, NY

#9 Mar 10, 2009
What can Brown do for you?

RTF

“Cactus?”

Since: Dec 06

Long Island, NY

#10 Mar 11, 2009
What a dumb stunt, and dumber hoax. I can't wait to not visit his website.
OH NO

Austin, TX

#11 Mar 11, 2009
Not the probe!
PR_Flack_In_Trai ning

United States

#12 Mar 11, 2009
Well done Dude!!!! Newsday, you took the bait also.
Get Real

United States

#13 Mar 11, 2009
For those who commented the UPS didn't do ther job. If this was a Hoax as the FBI points out, then the package never went through the UPS system. You should be 100% sure before you pass blame.
Chicken Little

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Mar 11, 2009
I'm sure it became a hoax right after the FBI started threatening the guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Jul '16 josephbarkley 20
Review: J & K Kitchen & Bath (Dec '08) Jul '16 john russo 25
News Mott's strikers get boost from grocery workers'... (Jul '10) Jun '16 Melysa reid 14
News Seneca Falls fight ends in two arrests, officer... (Nov '11) May '16 Troy randleman 12
slut wife (Dec '15) May '16 Curious 3
News Ted Cruz Dismisses Donald Trump's New York Victory Apr '16 FancyButtPirate 36
News Donald Trump Celebrates New York Primary Victory Apr '16 justice 1

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages