Savannah fire chief sued over promotions

Savannah fire chief sued over promotions

There are 1 comment on the SavannahNow story from Jul 7, 2012, titled Savannah fire chief sued over promotions. In it, SavannahNow reports that:

Four Savannah firefighters are suing Chief Charles Middleton and seeking an injunction to keepA promotions of some fellow firefighters from becoming permanent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SavannahNow.

Firefighter another FD

Savannah, GA

#1 Jul 9, 2012
I thought that promotions in the city was made by a board an not solely by the fire chief? I am a firefighter that is following this story.I believe that every Fire Department should be investigated as far as promotions concerned. I am a firefighter and was qualified for the next 3 levels up from my current position I currently hold, and I had received outstanding performance appraisals my entire career. Myself and other FF's were also super qualified and were not selected that did an outstanding job. People lives and careers in the hands of others seem to be not as important as others. I believe the selecting process should be as fair as possible. I had a few rookie FF's come to me and asked why are there no black firechiefs or FF's like there are whites? I myself attended a fire college near atlanta, ga. And they taught that you should mirror the community, but when I got back to my department, thy never heard of such a thing. It's not talked about for some reason, I hope that things change in our occupation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What percent of white women are with black men ... (Apr '13) 5 hr BLACKMON MAN BLAC... 95
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! (Nov '15) Jun 1 Twinin 5
Helicopters all day, all night May 30 Richer or poorer 1
Ravenna Connell-Douglas May '17 old friend 3
Trump-Repubs Bringing back Military Draft? May '17 Joe 3
Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10) May '17 Anonymous 22
Where can I cop h? May '17 Cannonb510 3

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages