visiting savannah... do we need a car?

visiting savannah... do we need a car?

Posted in the Savannah Forum

DRNYC

United States

#1 Jun 30, 2009
Hi,

We're born and raised New York City. We're visiting Savannah, Georgia at the end of July/beginning of August for almost a week. Do we need to rent a car? Or is it easy to get around?

Love,

Dorothy and Ruth New York City
Tonya

White House, TN

#2 Jul 1, 2009
It really depends on where you all are staying. If you are staying downtown in the historic district it is relatively easy to get around. There are trolleys, tour buses, charter buses (just for that area)and everything else is in walking distance. However there is more to Savannah than just the Historic District. If you want to go to the beach on beautiful Tybee island then you will need transportation. We have public transportation but our buses stop running after 11 pm until 6am. My suggestion to you is rent a car so you all can experience all of Savannah. Have a safe and enjoyable trip. And welcome to our beautiful city.
NewGuy

Douglasville, GA

#3 Jul 20, 2009
Yep, rent a car. Everything is fairly spread out there especially if you want to go to Tybee.

ALso, you may want to bring a gun as well. Crime is high and drugs are king.
DRNYC wrote:
Hi,
We're born and raised New York City. We're visiting Savannah, Georgia at the end of July/beginning of August for almost a week. Do we need to rent a car? Or is it easy to get around?
Love,
Dorothy and Ruth New York City

Since: Aug 09

Knoxville TN

#4 Aug 11, 2009
I say no, if you stay downtown then you should be fine. We drove there and parked our car in the garage and walked everywhere.
pugalini

Maidenhead, UK

#5 Mar 20, 2012
what should you take with you to a savanna?
Me again

United States

#6 Apr 7, 2012
pugalini wrote:
what should you take with you to a savanna?
Spare change,spare ciggarettes,a gun an attack dog(on a leash of course) bow and arrows optional. Usually everything is fine during the day but if you go out at night, it is wise to take a taxi. Your best bet is to hook up with somebody from there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where can I get layed (Nov '16) Nov 15 jtr304 5
corruption in savannah Nov 14 Road King 1
Savannah Creates a Monster - Privileged White T... (Mar '17) Nov 14 Road King 4
Savannah makes people not want to live there. Nov 6 Wanda 2
Angeline nunley nurse at St Joseph says men are... Nov 6 Wanda 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Nov 1 HelpingOut 157
patricia heaton lust for black men Oct 31 gene 1

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance