Thinking of Moving to Port Wentworth
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anon

Atlanta, GA

#21 Sep 8, 2013
I was disappointed. Recently, I visited Savannah and the mentality overall was just 'shun the outsiders'. The surrounding areas all seemed ok, but the downtown was all an uncomfortably pretentious vibe and it made me not really interested in learning about its history.
Robbie

Atlanta, GA

#22 Sep 18, 2013
been here all my life, 42 yrs old.....blacks, whites, rich, poor all get along great. Anyone that says any different is a fool. Savannah and surrounding communities are a great place to live no matter your ethnicity or social status
Anon

Atlanta, GA

#23 Oct 16, 2013
I noticed your post says you live in Stockbridge, outside of Atlanta - not Savannah. I just was showing my experience visiting that part of Georgia. It's more of the old-school crowd, and so it's not quite the same as, persay, Atlanta or Macon type of areas.

“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#24 Oct 18, 2013
With kids in Charleston, have you looked at Beaufort, S.C.?

How about Georgetown, S.C.?
HelloKT

Colorado Springs, CO

#25 Feb 7, 2017
My husband is from Biloxi, MS and I'm from Santa Barbara CA. Both European nuts. We are colorblind and actually started our marriage in low income housing in Biloxi and the people of all races treated us with respect. Now we are near upper middle-class in Colorado Springs.

Many of my doctors were minorities and top-notch in Biloxi. We consider all people as God's children. We are looking for a mixed area where no one is racist or a criminal and there is no shooting or discrimination among any race but the education for our daughter is excellent. She wants to go to SCAD. Can any of you, politely, suggest a place like the one I've described?

Thanks!
South girl

Guyton, GA

#26 Feb 8, 2017
toscgwsndiqz wrote:
Half of the residents moving into Lakeshore, Newport, Rice Hope and Rice Creek are Yankees, the others are refugees from Savannah. A new Elementary and Middle school is being built in The Highlands on Benton Blvd. The Highlands and Jimmy Deloach Blvd are in the City of Savannah. The old part of PW close to the Port and industrial areas should be avoided. That is where the city hall and schools are currently. It is separated form the newly by 4 miles. In the last municipal election, new councilmen were a Damnyankee from New York and a Black man! There are now 3 new resident voters for each GOB. So PW is changing. the next election will bring real CHANGE!
The SCCPSS has many other 'choice' schools available to the residents. We live across from Lakeshore, but we chose to send our children to Bloomingdale Elementary, Oglethorpe Charter, DeRenne Middle, and Savannah Arts Academy. Transportation is provided to all of these schools. Children in Lakeshore attend 6 different Elementary, 5 Middle, and 4 high schools.
You want good schools, Effingham county is where you need to move. As far as the prejudiced is concerned you will always have that regardless of where you live it's what you make it is what counts. If you are friendly We Are Family friendly. If you are a Christian we have good churches in Effingham County it is just a hop skip and a jump from Chatham Rincon is the fastest growing city in the south. So come join us we are a ball.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What percent of white women are with black men ... (Apr '13) May 18 anonymous 85
Ravenna Connell-Douglas May 16 old friend 3
Trump-Repubs Bringing back Military Draft? May 9 Joe 3
Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10) May 9 Anonymous 22
Where can I cop h? May 5 Cannonb510 3
Guy that met Ashley the truckdriver you got AID... May 2 Fuku 1
News Vox Populi: - People want to know who is commit... May 1 Pooler Resident 1

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages