steven

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

stop talking and start doing what needs to be done.
lastrebel

Reidsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2009

I haved lived in Port Wentworth and had to deal with the cops there. I moved because of cops like Cpt. Matt Libby. He was Sgt. Libby when I lived there. I have dealt with many officers in the past and problems with two of them, cpt. Libby is the first and the worst of them. On one occasion he stopped me at midnite on my home and unjustly had my truck impounded and upon retreiving my truck from impound I found that many of belongings that were in it had disappeared, Libby was supposed to have done an inventory of the truck which he did not. I belive I know what happened to my stuff. On another occasion he continously was harrasing my disabled mother for no reason. I talked to the chief of police which was a waste of time. I then went to then mayor Tim Holbrook and spoke with him about the matter he told me it was out of his hands and was a police matter. I told him it was now a legal matter and not only would Libby be named in a lawsiut but Port Wentworth, himself and the chief would also be named, where upon he spoke to chief and libby has never messed with my family since then. I do know his P.O.S.T certification can be revoked and without it he can never work in law enforcement and also the Dept. Of Justice can tend to this matter of Cpt. Libby and the Port Wentworth police department. They have been contacted about other police departments in the area and those departments have changed for the better. As a person with family in law enforcment I can and will honestly say that cpt. libby is the utmost embrassment to any police department and to the law enforcment family itself. As for Port Wentworth thier commercial on t.v. about it being a great place to visit is hogwash, all they want is your money however they have to get it. If people would get together and stand up then cpt. libby and cops of his lowest chacter can be removed from law enforcement and then law enforcement would be better and dealings with law enforcement would more pleasent. And yes contray to popular belief tickets and taxes do pay their salaries, are paid to serve to public in thier communities, and also have rules and laws they are also supposed to abide with. Some ( cpt. libby being one) have forgotten this.
Good Ol Boys

Glennville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Judged:

I live near Port Wentworth and I can say that the Cops are down right nasty. I have been pulled over 3X by them and every time it cost me over $100.00 They have no grace whatsoever guaranteed every day they will have someone pulled over on RT for going five miles over the speed limit and hit them for a $150.00 fine! every time I go to the court house its wall to wall people! And make sure when you see them you change lanes because they will give you a $750.00 fine!One word CORRUPT! And I used to be a pro law citizen but when the badge does this kind of damage to ordinary citizens you might change your view too....
Trint fmr PW resident

Rincon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

I know this post is almost a month late but Ashlee I don't give a damn what u say, PT. Wentworth Mayor and police dept are as corrupt as they can be. I lived in the Newport Subdivision for 2 yrs. Oct 30 2006 I observed two police officers stopping a car on the side of the road, so i proceeded to move to the other lane. As I passed one of the cops pulled behind me and stopped me right at the the light at Bonnybridge Road. Not being able to site me for anything such as speeding, no insurance, drugs, or whatever they were hoping to find against me, these bastards cited me for no tag light. Thats right no damn tag light. Tried to fight it in court but the crooked as judge still hit me with a $100 fine.
Trint fmr PW resident

Rincon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

Part 2, August 30, 2009 while driving down hwy 21 south in a nice car which has nice wheels minding my own damn business. While approaching the light at Hwy 21 and Dean Forest I notice police lights behind me, not knowing they were after me I pulled over to the other lane, when I noticed that he pulled over behind me I got the clue. I pulled over across from the applebees on hwy 21, the officer stated that I was doing 65 in 45. But here is the kicker, he stated that he clocked me at the intersection where the Target Distribution center is. He stated that he couldnt catch up to me until now even though I was held up at the light at Bonnybridge and also the light at Gulfstream road. But he couldnt catch me because he had to stop at the lights. WTF!!!!!!! If I was really speeding as fast as you say I am why would you concern yourself with stopping at damn red lights. He was just ready to mess up my day since he couldnt find anything to book me on based onthe kind of car I was driving. I did complain but to no avail. they are all a bunch of pussies and ashlee you can tell them I said it and Im sure they will tell you "oh he's told us that before" I just call it like I see it.
Mick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Judged:

Don't know about the cop...but, you could be killed on I-95 driving under 75MPH!!!
Christian Woman

Ludowici, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

Judged:

I work in Port Wentworth almost everyday and I do see the officers out on the streets patroling and doing their job. I am glad to see that some police officers take their job seriously and protecting us citizens who are obeying the laws of the land. What if you were in trouble in some way and needed an officer to help you in your time of need you would want them to respond to your call for help as quick as possible right? Remember the person who cought the FL , Family Dollar, and CVS on fire? He was caught with in minutes of his doings thanks to the Port Wentworth Police responding so quickly. Thumbs UP to ALL Policeman and Policewoman.
Justfightingback

Richmond Hill, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2009

PWTAXPAYER wrote:
I have known Libby for many years. None of the citizens of Pt. Wentworth like him. He is rude, arrogant and downright MEAN to the people here.
As most small towns around here go, the COPS are pretty good. The problem is that in Pt. Wentworth we seem to get the bottom of the gutter. Many have been fired for their activity.
Libby is just trash in a uniform. Our mayor "loves" him.(I wonder what that really means).
Not to worry, Pig Jones is on his way out as our mayor and hopefully most of the corrupt officers will follow.
You know...you sound just like Jody Hawks. You are Jody Hawks. Imagine that! Why don't you go face to face with Capt. Libby and tell him what you've said on here. That won't happen because you are two faced.
J Hawks

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2009

Judged:

Justfightingback wrote:
<quoted text>
You know...you sound just like Jody Hawks. You are Jody Hawks. Imagine that! Why don't you go face to face with Capt. Libby and tell him what you've said on here. That won't happen because you are two faced.
First, you are so frigging stupid you spelled my name wrong, moron!
Second, I don't have a problem with Libby.
Third, not my post.
Rincon-Ite

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2009

There sure are a bunch if idiots on here..they prove it when they type. The fact is, the PW Judge is corrupt too. They have a history of convicting people WITHOUT even arraigning them. That particular "cop" (using the term loosely) gets away with whatever he wants. His brother Jason Bragg in Effingham is the exact same kind of moron. It's a shame because both depts actually have some pretty good cops too.
jules79

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

Christian Woman wrote:
I work in Port Wentworth almost everyday and I do see the officers out on the streets patroling and doing their job. I am glad to see that some police officers take their job seriously and protecting us citizens who are obeying the laws of the land. What if you were in trouble in some way and needed an officer to help you in your time of need you would want them to respond to your call for help as quick as possible right? Remember the person who cought the FL , Family Dollar, and CVS on fire? He was caught with in minutes of his doings thanks to the Port Wentworth Police responding so quickly. Thumbs UP to ALL Policeman and Policewoman.
They wouldn't be able to respond quickly because they are all on the side of hwy21 with people pulled over for bogus reasons.
jules79

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2009

My boyfriend used to drive through PW to get home from a hard nights work at 2 a.m. He had stopped going through PW and going way out of the way to go I 95 to get back to Savannah because of him constantly getting pulled over for no reason. He doesn't speed. He has a nice car with nice rims that he works damn hard for and they target him. Stupid things like his CLEAR cover over his license plate, little LED lights on his car and anything they can pick out to pull him over. A few nights ago he was going through PW because he got off early and wanted to get home to get to bed so we could get up early for church and guess what he got pulled over. The cop sited him 3 tickets then had the nerve to ask him if he had just put his seatbelt on while the jerkoff cop was writing the ticket. For what reason to give him a fourth ticket. He always wears his seatbelt and what did the ignorant sorry excuse for a public servant expect him to say "uh yeah officer i just put it on" what a joke. Someone needs to do something. And they do profile in PW and I am not a minority. It is a sad day that we are in 2009 and this is still an issue in these little podunk town. These cops couldn't make it in any other profession so they pick on the people that have it better than them.
Countdown

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2009

Pt. Wentworth gets the bottom of the pile when they hire cops. The ones in Pt. Wentworth can't get jobs anywhere else. The are crooked cops that use their badge to feel important.
concerned citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

I have always been pro law until I bought a house in PW. The police here do not protect and serve, they are aggressive and nasty. I even had one show up at my door and give me his phone number and proceed to tell me how his last girlfriend could get out of any ticket because they protect their own. Money is tight for every one... so to all of the nasty cops out there: FIND ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE MONEY, we already pay 25% of our income in taxes, learn to budget what you already have. A town this small does not need 12 cops on duty. Either lay some guys off or start doing community service and WORKING to raise some money! I don't work my butt off every day to have some jerk give me an outragous fine and be overly rude.
Jeff

Callahan, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Christian Woman wrote:
Mrs., you have no clue what you are talking about. It is their job to protect life and property, that goes with out saying. It is what they do with and how they act as a law enforcement officer when no one is looking. I was recently cited for driving in the median(my two drivers side tires went off the road). Now surely their are other crimes being commited...Like the idiots who almost run me over speeding in the morning. I am a former Police Officer(Florida) a real state I might add, and trust me their is plenty to do without harrassing your citizens...In short get a life and all the facts before you make comments.
Brad

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Corrupt is putting it lightly. These cops are the worst i've ever seen. On Oct 7th these bone- headed cops staged a scene at a pilot station pulling me over saying i rolled through a yellow light the moron called for back-up although i'm only 5'9 160 lbs. and unarmed. My crime was an expired license. 4 cop cars showed up. While on the way to the county jail to post bond a call came in about 2 men in a neighbors back yard while they were out of town, the idiot cop said well what does she want us to do. They don't care about your safety they want your money.
friendly256

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

i agree ive lived in pw most of my life yes libby is rude i hear hes going to be the next chief when melvin steps down i also had a few people that worked for pw police quit thye said they couldnt treat people and do like pw does they find certain people that they harass over and over and crime they dont care if something gets stole or broken into detective dont even call you or worry about it
Lewis Walling FIndley Jr

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Judged:

Vin Hogan - Confirmed Criminal - mayor Pro Tempore of Port Wentworth -) OUR GOOD MAYOR THE HONORABLE GLENN JONES (BECK) HATES HIS GUTS!
It suuprises me not one bit that Vince Hogan -(Gee I think this guy has some sort of Schozophenic personality complex)- Hey, Vince, get it right, babaloo, ITS VINCE MCMAHON, OR HULK HOGAN,(Incidentally, I hate wrestling)- As i was saying , it is no surprise to me that this LYING SNAKE CROOK SCUM HOGAH defends the intentially incompetent vermin dirtbag matt libby, when matt was born , his mother should have gone on trial in the hague, FOR WAR CRIMES AGAINST THE HUMAN RACE! I ahve hard copy evidence in my posession that Our Good and Kind politician Police Officer Libby DELIBERATELY ALLOWS INTERNET PREDATORS to run around freely on line, my family was directly threatened on line, in 2007, AND HIM AND HIS VOMIT BAG BUDDY MELVIN were both presented this evidence, which i still have under lock and key. AND THEY BOTH DID NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO ATTEMPT TO COMBAT THIS MINNESOTA LIBERAL BAG OF OBAMA LOVING FECES! who is incidentally, a known member of the fourth reich.
the gigs up on you vinnie boy, and i got it on matt too.
http://savannahnow.com/crime/2011-01-06/port-...
so dont sing it , just bring it.
(n W o BAY BAY)
Lewis Walling FIndley Jr

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

i do not cast this shadow over the entirety of PWPD, the majority are honest individuals, who enforce the law to the letter, it is the politically correct element I have referenced that cast dispersions on the department, those of the present, such as mat Libby adn James Melvis and thos eof the past, the king of %hit being Don Murray, (May his ill name and memory he be forever obliterated - hippie loving bag of %hit). O prime example of Competence and Excellence in PWPD is SSGT Desmond Caldwell, I have known his inlaws for upwards of 40 eyars. You wont find a better Police Officer anywhere. Thank YOU LF, Life Long PW Resident.
Lewis Walling FIndley Jr

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

my desecration........eeeeeeerrrr r..........dedication......... .to two of PW's finest.. and they are MOST MOST deserving..........

http://i55.tinypic.com/2gsg707.jpg

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of57
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savannah Discussions

Search the Savannah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr Truth 49,300
Presiding Bishop speaks at Christ Church Mon Listen to the Word 1
Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10) Mon anon 10
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Mon H.Harrison 47
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Review: David M. Nelson MD (Feb '11) Jul 14 Char 81 45
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Jul 13 Patty M 140
•••
•••
•••
•••

Savannah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Savannah People Search