Stay in Savannah or Tybee?

Posted in the Savannah Forum

Love the ocean

Cookeville, TN

#1 Mar 31, 2012
I'm going to be visiting Savannah in the middle of June and not sure if my family and I should stay in Savannah or Tybee Island. Are there neat places to stay on the island? What do you recommend?

Washington, DC

#2 Apr 3, 2012
Love the ocean wrote:
I'm going to be visiting Savannah in the middle of June and not sure if my family and I should stay in Savannah or Tybee Island. Are there neat places to stay on the island? What do you recommend?
I would recommend Tybee.. While I absolutely love both places, the ocean breeze in June will make that Georgia heat more bearable. We stayed at the Sandpiper condos, right next to Fannies on the Beach, it was perfect!
Love the ocean

Cookeville, TN

#3 Apr 4, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I would recommend Tybee.. While I absolutely love both places, the ocean breeze in June will make that Georgia heat more bearable. We stayed at the Sandpiper condos, right next to Fannies on the Beach, it was perfect!
We have opted for the Desoto Motel on Tybee. I hope it's a good choice. Everything is filling up fast for June and there isn't many motels on Tybee!

I would just love to see/tour some old plantation homes. Anyone have suggestions of a good tour? I'm also thinking of Bonaventure cemetery. What do you think?

Bowie, MD

#4 Apr 5, 2012
Love the ocean wrote:
<quoted text>We have opted for the Desoto Motel on Tybee. I hope it's a good choice. Everything is filling up fast for June and there isn't many motels on Tybee!

I would just love to see/tour some old plantation homes. Anyone have suggestions of a good tour? I'm also thinking of Bonaventure cemetery. What do you think?
Bonaventure is a must see, and spend a day walking all the squares of savannah. There are tons of tours available, I've only done a ghost tour, which was really fun.. So much to do there, it's our family's favorite vacation spot.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Apr 5, 2012
Tybee or Savannah? Try somewhere slightly out of town: There's a Country Inn and Suites where not many tourists stay at.

Go to River Street early in the morning as the shops open, don't walk random paths through squares (Go straight down the rows, don't zig zag through, you'll probably get lost), and take the Paula Deen bus tour. If you take a ghost tour, the best is either the one where you walk through the town at night, or with dinner at the Pirates House.
John

Hattiesburg, MS

#6 Apr 5, 2012
We may be moving to Savannah. Is the area over by Al Henderson Blvd a good area? A guy in Atlanta mentioned it to me.
Just in case

Evening Shade, AR

#7 Apr 6, 2012
You might want to brush up on your ebonics and take double the amount of ciggarettes that you plan to smoke because the blks and homeless will hound you till you give in. But that's mainly in Savannah not Tybee. Oh I almost forgot plenty of spare change generally quarters will shut them up. BTW it's pronounced kota= 25 cents. PS pennies will only upset them.

Pulaski, TN

#8 Apr 7, 2012
Just in case wrote:
You might want to brush up on your ebonics and take double the amount of ciggarettes that you plan to smoke because the blks and homeless will hound you till you give in. But that's mainly in Savannah not Tybee. Oh I almost forgot plenty of spare change generally quarters will shut them up. BTW it's pronounced kota= 25 cents. PS pennies will only upset them.
wow..racist much?
Just in case

Evening Shade, AR

#9 Apr 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
wow..racist much?
You think??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is it bad my gf has slept with 80-90 men before... (Sep '13) Mon jjwallace 36
is paula deans accent fake? (Jul '10) Mar 27 Star 92
Review: Intercoastal Auto (Mar '14) Mar 25 Jay davidson 3
Review: EZ Bilingual Services Mar 23 Marytere Toro 1
News Pooler Council denies vapor shops' request for ... Mar 18 Schmones 1
Former JCB Employee Mar 17 old friend 1
gay teens in georgia Mar 16 EIVIT 3
Savannah Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Savannah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance