“Master o Public Administration”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#1 Aug 4, 2013

St. Marys, GA

#2 Aug 6, 2013
Deep water lot on Richardson Creek. Check out the photos. Builder ready. Available now.

https://www.facebook.com/jay.moreno.1276/medi...

St. Marys, GA

#3 Aug 7, 2013

St. Marys, GA

#4 Aug 13, 2013
Do I hear $590,000?
Jay Moreno

Kingsland, GA

#5 Aug 15, 2013
Has water and electricity already running. Also has COMCAST cable.

Do I hear $580,000?

St. Marys, GA

#6 Sep 1, 2013
Effective today, 9/1/2013.

Deep water lot at 43 Falligant Ave (Talahi Island)
is reduced to $575,000-well below assessed value.

Contact owner at [email protected]

St. Marys, GA

#7 Sep 8, 2013
Do I hear $540,000?
Tennessean

United States

#8 Sep 9, 2013
Good Gosh all Mighty. Had no idea land cost that much over there. Half a mil and not even a tent on it!
No one on topix can afford that!

St. Marys, GA

#9 Sep 20, 2013
Well, I got my tax bill today.

The tax man says that the property, as is, with no structures on it save the dock and the new, 220 gallon water tank served by a new submersible pump, has a Fair Market Value of $$657,000.

But wait, it can be yours for only $535,000.

That's $122,000 below FMV!

Remember, this is a 100' X537 ' deep water lot on Richardson Creek. Only about 140 feet from bluff to low water mark. 19 foot depth at low water.

The developed lots along the bluff all go for $1 million plus. One goes for about $2.5 million.

43 Falligant ain't cheap, but it is a helluva good value!

St. Marys, GA

#10 Sep 20, 2013
And it's not just a bare lot. It is absolutely builder ready with a deep well, electricity (on) and phone and cable lines in place.

The landscaping is about 60 years old. Over 100 mature azaleas. Several dozen camellias - some 15 feet tall.

Centuries old oaks. About three dozen 70' pine trees.

Productive grape arbor (scuppernongs.)

Pear tree. Persimmon tree. Palm trees. Magnificent Japanese maple. Hollies. Mulberry.

Some tall exotic tree that looks like it belongs in the Amazon rain forest. I have no clue what that one is.

Take a look. Go to Facebook and input Jay Moreno, St. Marys, GA. Plenty of recent photos of the property.

St. Marys, GA

#11 Sep 20, 2013
Even easier. Here's the link.

https://www.facebook.com/jay.moreno.1276

Take a look.
Tennessean

Greenville, SC

#12 Sep 20, 2013
Jay
That IS a beautiful piece of property. If you were fortunate enough to grow up there you fortunate indeed. I plan to retire over there and I will look you up if I win the lottery. Best of luck.

St. Marys, GA

#13 Sep 21, 2013
Nope. It was my grandparents who bought it from Claude Falligant for -are you ready for this -$3,000 in the 1940s. My late father inherited it, then when he died, my brother and I inherited it.

I actually have the receipts from the $25.00 monthly mortgage payments to Claude Falligant. Legend has it that Claude bought the entire island for $10,000. He and my grandfather were boyhood friends. Claude sold the first and choicest lot to my grandfather.

I grew up at 1331 E. Anderson and 1414 E. 55th, one block east of Edgemere, which I understand is now known as "The Hell Hole."

Back in the day, it was a law abiding, safe, all-White, working-class neighborhood. Alas, it is now a violent jungle inhabited by degenerate, criminal, Black savages.

By the way, when you win the lottery, you can harvest your own real oysters, vs. "mountain oysters." :-)

St. Marys, GA

#14 Sep 23, 2013
I was on the property yesterday planting some more grass seed where the old foundations were.

The huge azaleas that were cut back on the front of the property (i.e., the river end) are coming back nicely and will no doubt bloom beautifully in the spring, as always.

At long last, the English ivey that had grown up into the ancient live oak has finally died after cutting the roots as thick as my upper arm down at their bases over I year ago.

Folks, do not plant English ivey at the base of any tree. Trust me.

List price is now $535,000. Tax man says it worth $657,000 as is.

I've got a low ball bid now from an investor for $490.000.

If you are going to move on this exquisite piece of property , the time is NOW.

St. Marys, GA

#15 Oct 12, 2013
Effective 10/15, 2013, the list price will be $525,000.
Tennessean

Mooresville, NC

#16 Oct 12, 2013
Just got back from a weeks stay on Tybee, just soto in love the whole area esppecially now that I know where Walmart is lol ...
There are actually some nice affordable homes on Whitemarsh and Wilmington but I really want that oceanfront view, hoping to find it on Tybee but may have to settle for an older updated condo instead of a house tho.
Thanks for sharing the back ground on your property. Did I say I loved the area? Looking forward to retirement.
Tennessean

Mooresville, NC

#17 Oct 12, 2013
I don't do oysters ..lol... salmon and crab cakes are my thing.

St. Marys, GA

#18 Oct 14, 2013
As of today, 10/14/
2013, there is a cash offer on the table for $510,000.

Do I hear $525,000?

By the way, the beach is about a 15 minute drive from the property and a 40 minute boat ride.

Daufuskie Island and Hilton Head Island are maybe an hour away by boat.

St. Marys, GA

#19 Oct 18, 2013
Do I hear $521,000 and buyer pays all closing costs?
Tennessean

Arcadia, SC

#20 Oct 19, 2013
Hi Jay,
Are you gonna let it go for the $510,000? It has to be money in the bank for you and your brother. Then you are through with the worry and could take a vacation and still have a nice nest egg.
No luck with the lottery yet :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shia LaBeouf apologizes for racist tirade durin... Jul 13 D from ky 2
Shia Labeouf Jul 12 D from ky 1
What percent of white women are with black men ... (Apr '13) Jul 12 black man black men 99
News Community groups hoping to reach at-risk youth ... Jul 9 Daniel your a star 2
dead beet shit head cops in port wentworth GA (Jul '08) Jul 7 Uncle Dew 82
News Racist Hollywood Street Names Might Finally Be ... Jul 5 16 TEEN SHOTS ch... 9
Winn Dixie is owned and operated by the klu klu... (Jun '16) Jul 5 Bob 7

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages