Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
OMTE

Ford City, PA

#17805 Jul 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
It's that damn "Golden Rule":
"Whoever has the gold - rules."
What are you implying?

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17806 Jul 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
If it weren't for those unions - those employees wouldn't get decent wages, wouldn't have pensions, wouldn't have vacations, wouldn't have medical insurance, wouldn't have job security, wouldn't have safe working conditions, and the jobs would all be taken by illegal aliens working at sub-human wages.
Oh wait ....
The capitalists came first. Capitalism is the only reason you have what you have.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17807 Jul 10, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>It so simple. Isn't it?
Nope. The liberals want the votes. The conservatives have never had and will never have the Hispanic vote. It's ALL about the votes. Nothing more. They don't care about the Americans. They don't care about the illegals. They DO care about figuring out a way to get the votes. The only way to insure the votes is to throw hope to the illegals. If a bill ever passes, amnesty will be granted in order to get the votes. Wait and see.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#17808 Jul 10, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The capitalists came first. Capitalism is the only reason you have what you have.
Good post.
OMTE

Ford City, PA

#17809 Jul 10, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The liberals want the votes. The conservatives have never had and will never have the Hispanic vote. It's ALL about the votes. Nothing more. They don't care about the Americans. They don't care about the illegals. They DO care about figuring out a way to get the votes. The only way to insure the votes is to throw hope to the illegals. If a bill ever passes, amnesty will be granted in order to get the votes. Wait and see.
Either way it's simple to comprehend what's goin on and what needs to happen. Ya think?

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#17810 Jul 10, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I love Capitalism.
I simply understand that there are circumstances where capitalism is the stupidest answer to the question.
It may, or may not make sense to allow regulated private insurers to insure your home and car.
It is absolutely idiotically moronic to allow private insurers to insure the cost of medical care for yourself or your family.
Think about it.
First, billions of dollars that could be used to provide hospital and medical care are unnecessarily diverted to profit taking.
Second, the incentives are ass-backwards.
Insurance companies exist to make the highest profit possible - they don't give a damn if you or your kids live, die, or roll in the mud like little piglets - that just ain't their thing.
So they charge the highest amount possible and pay the least benefits possible.
So you pay the most - and get the least.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that is ludicrously stupid.
But hey ... If someone worships the Sacred God of Capitalism - its more important to them that United Healthcare's profits explode - that United's CEO gets his billion dollar golden parachute, than it is that their kids receive medical care.
As for me... capitalism is a fine system to determine how much your gonna pay for a long-neck beer - or how much you're gonna pay a consultant to help you maximize your company's profits,
- but single-payor, government regulated health insurance and/or care is the only way to go.
So if the U.S. starts using a single payer system it will be better? You don't think the government is going to count nickles when it is giving out health care to you? Sure it will. Just as the insurance companies do. But with insurance I can pick just how much and good of care I will receive. Depends on the cost of the policy and which insurance company I use. I can also pick which hospital I want to use. I can pick the doctors I want to use. I can take the prescriptions that are prescribed to me, not what the government wants me to take. I won't have some government bureaucrat that knows nothing, telling me that I am too old and am not worth saving my life, or that they have spent the allowed amount of money on me and they will do no more. I won't have to wait weeks maybe months just to see a doctor and then months to get a life saving operation.
All of the above is the standard procedure in many countries that have socialized healthcare.
I can't believe you equate the beer you buy with the healthcare that you will receive.Pretty nutty if you ask me.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17811 Jul 10, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Either way it's simple to comprehend what's goin on and what needs to happen. Ya think?
Yup. But that's not what THEY want, so.....

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17812 Jul 10, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the U.S. starts using a single payer system it will be better? You don't think the government is going to count nickles when it is giving out health care to you? Sure it will. Just as the insurance companies do. But with insurance I can pick just how much and good of care I will receive. Depends on the cost of the policy and which insurance company I use. I can also pick which hospital I want to use. I can pick the doctors I want to use. I can take the prescriptions that are prescribed to me, not what the government wants me to take. I won't have some government bureaucrat that knows nothing, telling me that I am too old and am not worth saving my life, or that they have spent the allowed amount of money on me and they will do no more. I won't have to wait weeks maybe months just to see a doctor and then months to get a life saving operation.
All of the above is the standard procedure in many countries that have socialized healthcare.
I can't believe you equate the beer you buy with the healthcare that you will receive.Pretty nutty if you ask me.
Why don't they "get" that with the government in charge of our healthcare, we will have NO choices??? We will be completely at the government's mercy.
OMTE

Ford City, PA

#17813 Jul 10, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. But that's not what THEY want, so.....
Think positive for a change Syn. Don't give up so quick. I don't think it will pass.
Who

Clarkesville, GA

#17814 Jul 10, 2013
I bet IO signed this petition.

"Obama Supporters Mindlessly Sign Petition to Repeal Bill of Rights."

http://savingourfuture.com/2013/07/obama-supp...

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17815 Jul 10, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Think positive for a change Syn. Don't give up so quick. I don't think it will pass.
It's not going to make it through the House. That might have been determined today, actually.
OMTE

Ford City, PA

#17816 Jul 10, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not going to make it through the House. That might have been determined today, actually.
Yeah, I pretty much think it's dead in the water. I do however think there will be some form of an immigration reform by the end of the year.
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#17817 Jul 11, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I pretty much think it's dead in the water. I do however think there will be some form of an immigration reform by the end of the year.
This might interest you.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...


Reid is afraid to send it to the house of rep.

It all looks like showtime for elections.
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#17818 Jul 11, 2013
Zimmerman trial::

"Kathi Belich, a journalist following the trial for a local news channel, tweeted her surprise at the line of questioning, writing I have never seen that in more than 30 years of court reporting."

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/353105/j...
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#17819 Jul 11, 2013
Stupid Republicans, first they vote for Obamacare and now they want to Permanently Delay.

Dam bunch of rinos and political hacks who are just as bad as those sorry demos.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/senate-re...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17820 Jul 11, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
...
Perhaps people with real morals and ethics that love this country should run for office. They won't as they know they will be crucified by the media and the political elite. Sad.
"They" wouldn't get elected because they wouldn't make bull squeeze promises and kiss enough a$$es. They would also likely be very unpopular in office because of the tough, unpopular decisions they would make.

"I'll take from the evil rich people and give it to you," works pretty well on the clueless and uneducated, aka, low information voter.

When people must decide what is better for themselves or for the country, most likely they will vote for the person that will help them, not the country. Quite often what is best for the country is not best for certain people...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17821 Jul 11, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. The liberals want the votes. The conservatives have never had and will never have the Hispanic vote. It's ALL about the votes. Nothing more. They don't care about the Americans. They don't care about the illegals. They DO care about figuring out a way to get the votes. The only way to insure the votes is to throw hope to the illegals. If a bill ever passes, amnesty will be granted in order to get the votes. Wait and see.
+1

It's interesting to try to have this conversation with a liberal politician or someone with liberal leanings. The former won't admit it (Mr. Scott anyone) and the latter won't believe it (hence, clueless and uneducated)...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17822 Jul 11, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the U.S. starts using a single payer system it will be better? You don't think the government is going to count nickles when it is giving out health care to you? Sure it will. Just as the insurance companies do. But with insurance I can pick just how much and good of care I will receive. Depends on the cost of the policy and which insurance company I use. I can also pick which hospital I want to use. I can pick the doctors I want to use. I can take the prescriptions that are prescribed to me, not what the government wants me to take. I won't have some government bureaucrat that knows nothing, telling me that I am too old and am not worth saving my life, or that they have spent the allowed amount of money on me and they will do no more. I won't have to wait weeks maybe months just to see a doctor and then months to get a life saving operation.
All of the above is the standard procedure in many countries that have socialized healthcare.
I can't believe you equate the beer you buy with the healthcare that you will receive.Pretty nutty if you ask me.
Dave: compare the comments who you're debating vs. that of people that work or have worked in the healthcare industry and understand how business works.
Who

Broken Arrow, OK

#17823 Jul 11, 2013
"Poll: Hispanics Want Border Security, Interior Enforcement Before Amnesty."


http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Informed Opinion

Hollywood, FL

#17824 Jul 11, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>So if the U.S. starts using a single payer system it will be better? You don't think the government is going to count nickles when it is giving out health care to you? Sure it will. Just as the insurance companies do. But with insurance I can pick just how much and good of care I will receive. Depends on the cost of the policy and which insurance company I use. I can also pick which hospital I want to use. I can pick the doctors I want to use. I can take the prescriptions that are prescribed to me, not what the government wants me to take. I won't have some government bureaucrat that knows nothing, telling me that I am too old and am not worth saving my life, or that they have spent the allowed amount of money on me and they will do no more. I won't have to wait weeks maybe months just to see a doctor and then months to get a life saving operation.
All of the above is the standard procedure in many countries that have socialized healthcare.
I can't believe you equate the beer you buy with the healthcare that you will receive.Pretty nutty if you ask me.
Come on, your smarter than that.

I specifically pointed our why:

- capitalism is a great way to organize the sale of beer, which is a nonessential consumer product, the availability and cost of which is completely internalized by the consumer;

- the private company tries to charge you the highest price possible, and deliver the cheapest beer in return.

- if you spend $1,316 for a 37 cent beer, that's your problem, and your's alone.

- If you don't get a beer, because of price of other considerations, nothing bad happens to you or the taxpayers. If you buy a beer, you use your money and we don't have to pay the bartender for you.

- capitalism is an idiotic and intellectually moronic way to organize the provision of health care, which is an essential consumer service, the availability and cost if which is externalized to the taxpayers and other consumers at large.

- If you, or your kids, don't get the proper health care..... you, or they ..die. If you get health care, and can't pay, them we taxpayers and other consumers have to pay for your freeloading deadbeat butt.

- if it costs you $2,137,915 for the 4th liver transplant caused by malpractice, and $1,856,222 of that is maxe up of profit, then the taxpayers and other consumers get to pay the cost, because you might have $121.12 in savings.

We all get screwed.

As for "choice". You get all the choice you get now under current insurance policies. You don't like the doctors United Healthcare approves for you - pay the difference in cost - and go to the Mayo Clinic for a blister on your toe for all anyone cares.

Try as hard as you like, every industrialized country in the world has elected to go to single-payor health care, none have returned to sacrificing their children's lives at the Sacred Alter of the God of Capitalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ready for whatever! Jul 29 wicked 1
gay teens in georgia (Jan '15) Jul 29 wicked 4
News Coast Guard Sent to Georgia Coast for Teens Mis... Jul 28 Scotty fish 1
criminals in the government of savannah georgia... Jul 27 Seriouslady 7
Hunter Williams Jul 19 Kind One 1
News Savannah pastor gets almost decade in prison fo... Jul 19 Sam 3
Home Depot called the Police on me for attempti... (Dec '08) Jul 10 Cellphone Guy 145
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages