Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Who

Talmo, GA

#17338 Jul 5, 2013
A pic of a dysfunctional cabinet.

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/4YXROW41wih...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17339 Jul 5, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
I have some worn out fence post that Oh my has argued with.
HA!(except I have gotten roped into that spin cycle more than once) ;}
Who

Talmo, GA

#17340 Jul 5, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
What percentage would that be....
Can you point to the Exchange site for GA where we can see what this coverage is going to cost, oh wait, GA hasn't set one up yet.

And to my knowledge Georgia does not plan to set one up. Why should the State set one up at Georgia taxpayers expense? Let the Feds set it up, it's their mess to clean up.
But wait, Obamie and his cohorts wait till the last minute, then scramble, and finally put it off till 2015. What you want to bet come 2015, they still won't understand the sorry Obamacare law and how to implement. Government workers are slackers when it comes to work, their motto is "outsource it to private enterprise." And private enterprise says "you didn't give us enough money to do the job, we want more money." And the vicious cycle of politicians throwing money at private enterprise grows even more.

Who

Talmo, GA

#17341 Jul 5, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!(except I have gotten roped into that spin cycle more than once) ;}

Yeah, but he argued the fence post were not fence post, only sticks in the ground. He excluded the barb wire as a factor.
Who

Talmo, GA

#17342 Jul 5, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but he argued the fence post were not fence post, only sticks in the ground. He excluded the barb wire as a factor.
To elaborate on this post, I will further explain.

Since I use wood posts, Oh my is technically correct they are sticks.
But the breakdown in communication comes when he argues the wire and the post are apples and organges and do not go together. He uses left wing websites to back him up with long winded posts. His jargon ap*****(someone must have complained my using the term because topix now considers it an offensive term,(I wonder who complained.)) creates a conundrum when trying to assess what he posts, pretty much the same problem we have with IO.
I really think their efforts at trying to confuse all posters have backfired and now most of their post turns into gobblygook. Sorta like this one.

and since Oh my has not posted in the middle of the night again, perhaps he is sleeping easier.

Who

Talmo, GA

#17343 Jul 5, 2013
Six of one in this basket, and a half dozen in the other basket.

AP:'Steady job gains could help US economy rebound'...
REUTERS:'U.S. job growth probably slowed in June'...
Who

Talmo, GA

#17344 Jul 5, 2013
A look into the comedic psyche of a wanna be jihadist.

"The Americans advised (Suffian) that they did not want to do a martyrdom operation, but still wanted to travel for jihad," the FBI reported."

"The Americans . advised (Suffian) that they did not want to do a martyrdom operation, but still wanted to travel for jihad," the FBI reported.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/05/terroris...

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#17345 Jul 5, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
And to my knowledge Georgia does not plan to set one up. Why should the State set one up at Georgia taxpayers expense? Let the Feds set it up, it's their mess to clean up.
But wait, Obamie and his cohorts wait till the last minute, then scramble, and finally put it off till 2015. What you want to bet come 2015, they still won't understand the sorry Obamacare law and how to implement. Government workers are slackers when it comes to work, their motto is "outsource it to private enterprise." And private enterprise says "you didn't give us enough money to do the job, we want more money." And the vicious cycle of politicians throwing money at private enterprise grows even more.
Obama will turn out to be nothing more than election propogsanda.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#17346 Jul 5, 2013
"Obamacare" will turn out to be nothing more than election propogsanda.
Who

Talmo, GA

#17347 Jul 5, 2013
Could there be any truth to this, "Palestinian jihadist group claims credit for Arizona wildfire."

Would our government tell us if it is true?

http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/a...
Who

Talmo, GA

#17348 Jul 5, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama will turn out to be nothing more than election propogsanda.
I hope you are correct.
Sucker

Saint Marys, GA

#17349 Jul 5, 2013
If they are a part of the Washington, DC bunch (been in office) turn them out makes little difference which part not 10 cents difference in the whole bunch. They have sold America out. Get rid of them all.
Who

Talmo, GA

#17350 Jul 5, 2013
One of the saddest reports I have read pertaining to American workers.

"Study: U.S. Net Employment Gains Since 2000 Have Gone to Immigrants."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Location hidden

#17351 Jul 5, 2013
Not political in the least, but came across this and am rather ashamed I had not heard of this earlier, since it occurred so close to home. A tragic end to a story of a brave and selfless man.

"A Georgia man who was paralyzed after jumping into a creek to save a young girl from drowning earlier this month has died.
Michael Patterson, 43, died early Friday due to complications following the June 8 incident. Patterson severed his spinal cord when he leapt into the swift-moving Euharlee Creek along the Silver Comet Trail in Rockmart, Ga., to save Javea Jones, a 4-year-old girl whom he had never met. Jones survived, but Patterson suffered several injuries in addition to being paralyzed from the shoulders down, including respiratory acidosis, pneumonia and a bacterial infection."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/28/good-sam...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17352 Jul 5, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
So now you argue with polls, are you saying the businesses that responded were lying? You also quoted stats that show businesses expect Obamacare to both increase their costs and lower healthcare - and this supports your position, how?
Here is the portion of YOUR original post that I was responding to that contained a link to a cnbc.com article that YOU provided. That article dealt with a privatly commissioned survey from Gallup, please see the line following YOUR link below that says, "Also from the same article, more opinions...".

It appears that it is YOU who began "arguing with polls" while I merely provided more content from the same article that YOU referenced.

By the way, this is also from THE SAME ARTICLE...
...Gallup Chief Economic Dennis Jacobe said small business owners' answers in the poll "is consistent with owners' tendency to be more Republican than Democratic, higher-income, more against big government, more conservative and less optimistic than Americans overall."
=========
----'Forty-one percent of the businesses surveyed have frozen hiring because of the health-care law known as Obamacare. And almost one-fifth—19 percent— answered "yes" when asked if they had "reduced the number of employees you have in your business as a specific result of the Affordable Care Act." '
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100825782

Also from the same article, more opinions...

...Just 9 percent of the small employers surveyed agreed that Obamacare would be "good for your business," while another 39 percent saw "no impact."

The prevalent pessimism tracks other answers in the poll, which showed that 55 percent of small business owners believe that the ACA will lead to higher health-care costs. By contrast, about 5 percent said the law would lead to lower costs.

And more than half—52 percent—said they expected a reduction in the quality of health care under Obamacare, while just 13 percent expected an improvement.

...Gallup Chief Economic Dennis Jacobe said small business owners' answers in the poll "is consistent with owners' tendency to be more Republican than Democratic, higher-income, more against big government, more conservative and less optimistic than Americans overall."

One group that favors Obamacare for small businesses said the findings reflect misconceptions about its true effects as well as the need for continued outreach by reform advocates to the small business community.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#17353 Jul 5, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not helping your case much.
+1 LMAO

The person you're responding to doesn't have a "case" (might be a "case") nor a clue...

Location hidden

#17354 Jul 5, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the portion of YOUR original post that I was responding to that contained a link to a cnbc.com article that YOU provided. That article dealt with a privatly commissioned survey from Gallup, please see the line following YOUR link below that says, "Also from the same article, more opinions...".
It appears that it is YOU who began "arguing with polls" while I merely provided more content from the same article that YOU referenced.
By the way, this is also from THE SAME ARTICLE...
=========
----'Forty-one percent of the businesses surveyed have frozen hiring because of the health-care law known as Obamacare. And almost one-fifth—19 percent— answered "yes" when asked if they had "reduced the number of employees you have in your business as a specific result of the Affordable Care Act." '
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100825782
Also from the same article, more opinions...
...Just 9 percent of the small employers surveyed agreed that Obamacare would be "good for your business," while another 39 percent saw "no impact."
The prevalent pessimism tracks other answers in the poll, which showed that 55 percent of small business owners believe that the ACA will lead to higher health-care costs. By contrast, about 5 percent said the law would lead to lower costs.
And more than half—52 percent—said they expected a reduction in the quality of health care under Obamacare, while just 13 percent expected an improvement.
One group that favors Obamacare for small businesses said the findings reflect misconceptions about its true effects as well as the need for continued outreach by reform advocates to the small business community.
And your point is..........

Nothing you just posted is new between what I posted and what you posted so I will repeat, how do you think this is helping your case?

Location hidden

#17355 Jul 5, 2013
danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't understand, Aggie. It simply amazes me, libs continue to support & approve Obamacare when it's so very obvious, they DON'T even come close to grasping what it's ALL about.
That's why they're known as the clueless and uneducated.

Recently, I overheard a conversation between 4 young men (they were talking rather loudly), each was talking about how much money they were going to make (recent college graduates getting ready to start their careers?) and what they were going to spend on rent, their new car, etc. One of them very meticulously indicated what his "living costs" (rent, utilities, food, car payment, insurance, etc.) were going to be, apparently he had put a lot of research and effort into his task. He had it apparently worked down to the last dollar on a monthly basis...

As my guest and I got up to leave, I casually mentioned to the group, "Not to be rude, but you guys were being a bit loud and I overheard your plans." Looking at the one with all the details, I said, "Your planning sounds great, but you have to account for income tax withholding and FICA taxes. That could be 15 to 20% of what you make."

The look on their faces was priceless and sad. They hadn't thought about taxes...

Location hidden

#17356 Jul 5, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you swallow a cup of fertilizer and grow a brain? You'd feel better. I know the rest of us certainly would appreciate it.
+1 another LMAO

You go, girl!
not so

Jefferson, GA

#17357 Jul 5, 2013
danger zone wrote:
Obamacare reimbursements aren't even mentioned in my post on cookbook medicine. You can lay your bottom dollar, amts per diagnosis are predetermined by the government or health insurer. Doctors, hospitals & other providers FEEL the pressure to quickly diagnose, treat & discharge. Hurry, hurry, rush, rush. Get them in - get them out. Quality healthcare is going down the drain as we speak, yet many libs are ALL supporting Obamacare. Unbelievable.
Again you are truly clueless. The things you mention are common with insurance companies who are only concerned with profits. If anything changes its more likely healthcare for the masses will improve. More customers for insurance companies will result in better healthcare. Spreading the cost to everyone instead of just the insured will over time should reduce costs to everyone. It will be hard to see due to the constant increase in health care costs that aging Americans demand. Hip replacements at 90 and other
unnecessary and wasteful spending.
You as many others are under the impression that we have great health care, NOT SO! If ignorance is bliss you are one happy moron. The health care profession and our government want people like you to believe that we are still the best in the world for health care. Heck rich people from all over the world have come here for treatment. The best is still available in this country, its just not available to all anymore. Read toward the bottom, at 37 in the world you will find your idea of QUALITY HEALTHCARE.

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay teens in georgia (Jan '15) 15 hr d2ws3b 31
Savannah makes people not want to live there. Sun victor 1
Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10) Oct 20 Celeste symthe 24
Thinking of Moving to Port Wentworth (Jan '09) Oct 18 Yygv 27
Winn Dixie is owned and operated by the klu klu... (Jun '16) Oct 17 Dummy 8
Review: Meadowbrook Truck Sales (Jan '15) Oct 11 Danny 6
News City of Pooler launches new cell phone app (Feb '17) Oct 8 MANMAN 2

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance