Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12545 May 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't it humorous to watch all these Right Wing Wackos who slurp up all those benefits created with the blood and sweat of union workers, tell us all how bad unions are.
They love the 40 hour work week, overtime pay, vacations, family leave, minimum wage, safe working conditions, Social Security, Medicare, and the hundreds other benefits that allow them to live decent lives:
Then whine like little girls whenever some worker somewhere has a benefit they don't.
It's fine with these buffoons if some guy inherits billions and pays no taxes - but God forbid that some cop has a pension.
As the unions die, and the working class becomes more and more simply serfs to the ruling class, they'll continue to tell us how bad unions are, while they live in their cardboard boxes begging Romney for the chance to pilfer his garbage can for a chance to feed their kids.
And still they'll never learn.
Ah well... My pension check arrived last week with a nice COLA raise - thanks F.O.P.
If your beloved unions are so great, why is membership in the private sector below 7%?

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12546 May 21, 2013
columbus native wrote:
Even on a rainy day it is exciting watching these republicans on this forum get more and more worked up. Come on now republicans we got almost 4 more years to run and most of you are already flipping out. How does it feel? Now you know what all of us had to go thru when your lord and master bush was tearing up our country. Atleast this president is getting some money back to the people and not just the corporate wealthy. You all are a Curse and a Shame to our country and most of us non-republicans are'nt leeberrals.
Yeah? How much and where is that money that this president has gotten back to the people? I'm very interesting in that statement. I've not read anything about that. Now, I've heard about lower pay checks and higher cost to medical coverage. So, please clue us in.

Your last sentence is proof of your hatred for all who don't believe your lies. Suits me. You are typical low information.

Location hidden

#12547 May 21, 2013
columbus native wrote:
<quoted text>Don't let these frustrated republican women annoy you, Most of them need a good lay or have'nt had one in a long time!
If it weren't for low class, you wouldn't have any classs at all. This post speaks volumes about you.

Location hidden

#12548 May 21, 2013
Danger Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
My ten year old nephew is more mature than you. Post all the dumb photos you want, pages & pages, if it makes you happy.:)
That's how he makes himself feel better. He thinks the pictures have meaning.

Location hidden

#12549 May 21, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
And you just keep on posting hate-filled paranoid tripe if your hypocritical little soul just has to. You do know you're extremely hypocritical and angry and illogical though, right? But you're consistent - so you've got that going for you.
You are just bullying, Chicken. Your buddies IO, oh my and CN aren't angels. CN made a vulgar post. Interesting how the left wing loonies resort to vulgarity. Why is that?

Location hidden

#12550 May 21, 2013
Danger Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no hate in me toward anyone or anything.... You just described yourself very well, though. Again, a failed attempt to twist & flip. It's so sad. Go back & read yours, IO, & your twin's posts & see who sounds hatefilled. That yould indeed be YOU!!!!!
He, along with others, are trying to bully you hoping you'll leave. They are acting like union thugs. Don't let it bother you. You don't need to defend yourself. They don't like a level playing field. They aren't accustomed to it.

Location hidden

#12551 May 21, 2013
formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>
People give in different ways. How could you possibly put "giving" into a republican or democrat category? People are people.
You're absolutely right that "giving" cannot be put into a Republican or Democrat category. However, study after study (that have been referenced many times on here) shows that those who categorize themselves as Republican or conservative consistently give more to charities both in terms of money and in volunteering their time. Repub/conservatives consider charitable giving to be a personal responsibility and act accordingly. Democrats typically define their charitable giving by how much they can make OTHER people pay through their taxes - BIG difference.

Location hidden

#12552 May 21, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... You mean like Benghazi ?
You can thank the Obama administration - at minimum through their State Department - for politicizing Benghazi by lying about it for weeks.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#12553 May 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie!
I guarantee Obama's handlers are turning cartwheels.
MY propaganda? How about YOUR propaganda?
It IS an horrendous tragedy and devastating to this entire country, but most of all those poor victims.
You kill me with your "WE'RE RESPONSIBLE ADULTS" crap. It's about time, don't you think? If you were responsible, you would have NEVER voted for the communist TWICE.
And YES! You most assuredly ARE happy about this taking the attention away from that fraud Obama.
Synergy, sometimes you're NOT out of your mind.

Today hasn't been one of those times.
columbus native

Edmond, OK

#12554 May 21, 2013
Now see there folks what I been saying about these hardcore republicans? There's Angie, Synergy, Bill from somewhere, and a few others. They never apologize to the rest of the voting population about allowing their putrid piece of human feces in the form of a man, named bush, who caused permenate damage to our country. They want us all to zero in on some serious temporary matters, like IRS, Benghazi, and picking on their piss (tea) party. Now these should be addressed but 1 trillion and counting in Iraq, allowing their golden calves(Rich) to get unequal advantage in tax breaks, huge over expenditures in the defence industry, Patriot Act which was the greatest threat to privacy. I have no respect nor do I consider them nothing less than weirdos, terrorists to our own people and quite frankly like those with AIDS or any other highly contagious diseases those to whom I would not want any contact with. Their party is falling apart as well as most if not all of them. Let's just never forget bush nor these oddballs come next election. The other side is not much choice but let us never again return to the bush era.
Danger Zone

Atlanta, GA

#12555 May 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
If it weren't for low class, you wouldn't have any classs at all. This post speaks volumes about you.
Aree 100%, no filter, no self restraint. Bad.
Danger Zone

Atlanta, GA

#12556 May 21, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
He, along with others, are trying to bully you hoping you'll leave. They are acting like union thugs. Don't let it bother you. You don't need to defend yourself. They don't like a level playing field. They aren't accustomed to it.
He doesn't bother me, possum photos????

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Naples,FL

#12557 May 21, 2013
columbus native wrote:
Now see there folks what I been saying about these hardcore republicans? There's Angie, Synergy, Bill from somewhere, and a few others. They never apologize to the rest of the voting population about allowing their putrid piece of human feces in the form of a man, named bush, who caused permenate damage to our country. They want us all to zero in on some serious temporary matters, like IRS, Benghazi, and picking on their piss (tea) party. Now these should be addressed but 1 trillion and counting in Iraq, allowing their golden calves(Rich) to get unequal advantage in tax breaks, huge over expenditures in the defence industry, Patriot Act which was the greatest threat to privacy. I have no respect nor do I consider them nothing less than weirdos, terrorists to our own people and quite frankly like those with AIDS or any other highly contagious diseases those to whom I would not want any contact with. Their party is falling apart as well as most if not all of them. Let's just never forget bush nor these oddballs come next election. The other side is not much choice but let us never again return to the bush era.
Do you have any clue as to where this administration has spent over $6 trillion?

Location hidden

#12558 May 21, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You might recall that your original statement was that none of the failed to pass gun laws would have stopped the Sandy Hook shooting, and this is certainly true since we can undo the past. But laws are written to curtail future behavior.
Since you brought up automobiles let's look at some of the laws that curtailed future behavior or mitigated damage from auto accidents.
Drunk driving laws were strengthened and blood alcohol threshold has been lowered which has reduced the number of deaths from drunk drives behind the wheel. It is now not only irresponsible to drink and drive, but also socially unacceptable.
Safety features have been added to cars, some voluntary, some mandatory, that have reduced the level of injury and deaths from auto accidents. Did people still die from lack of seat belts, sure, but eventually the majority of those cars were replaced thru attrition.
None of these laws had the slightest impact on events in the past, but all had an impact on events in the future.
Your comparison is a poor one. Drunk driving has always been illegal, the problem was (as you alluded to) more of a societal wink-wink, nudge-nudge when it came to actually punishing those who got caught. Juries tended to take the "there but for the grace of God go I" and let the drivers off. We can thank organizations like MADD for helping make people aware that those who broke the law needed to be treated as though they broke the law and these changing attitudes also led to the lower thresholds and stronger laws you mentioned.

And again, the laws that the Left tried to pass by shamelessly using the children of Sandy Hook as political cudgels, would have made NO difference in the Sandy Hook shooting. If you look at the most recent mass shootings, the problem appears to be one of mental health - none of the proposed gun laws have addressed this issue - and given that the current climate prefers to err on the side of the rights of the mentally ill versus the rights of the community,(I am not making a judgement here, simply stating a fact) I don't see that changing anytime soon. But the whole situation of public mass shooting needs to be put in perspective. Even one shooting that kills one victim is a tragedy, but the coverage of each one would make one think we are all in imminent danger of being a victim.

According to a Congressional Research Service Report released a few months ago, the actual number of public mass shootings since 1983 stands at 78 - and those shootings claimed 547 lives. Public mass shootings being defined as: an incident involving four or more deaths and involving a gunman who selects victims somewhat indiscriminately. As precious as each of those lives are, 3 times more Americans have been killed by lightning in that same time period.

As the Daily Beast's Megan McCardle noted in December 2013, "It is beyond horrible to suggest that even a small number of attacks are largely unavoidable. I don't like saying it. Unfortunately, I think it's true." More laws are not going to change that, they will simply make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to "keep and bear arms" while doing nothing about those who are already more than willing to break any laws in order to get whatever firearms they wish to have.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12559 May 21, 2013
columbus native wrote:
<quoted text>Good comment, but good luck getting any sense out of these republicans. The only problem with giving to the Red Cross is that these vultures are known to come in during times of tragedy, then collect millions from donors, yet very little of the money gets to the source. Look at Haiti and New Orleans, they collected millions from donors but why did so little get to the intended people. In the 1990's they were paying Bob Dole's wife 400,000 dollars a year to be their leader. I don't know how much they pay their top CEO's now but this is suppose to be a Non-Profit organization.
Why are you on topix while your fellow Oklahomans are in need of help.
Get of your azz and go to Moore and help them instead of bi*ching about the red cross.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#12560 May 21, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
None of these laws had the slightest impact on events in the past, but all had an impact on events in the future.
Not that I disagree, but you can't be 100% sure, nor can you know for sure, unless you can predict the future. But, as you've indicated before, you're omnipotent and can tell the future...

Can you tell me what the next PowerBall numbers will be?

Jus' Sayin'

United States

#12561 May 21, 2013
columbus native wrote:
They are "objectivists" or pseudo 'objectivists'- They may not admit it but they take their whole meme from Rand and her sophomoric novel Atlas Shrugged. They worship greed. Funny thing is that even the religious fundamentalists among them idolize Rand. She hated them and they still cling to the leftover remnants of a cult that never had any credence from the get go. They are few in number and think that being loud suffices for being correct. They see the world in black and white,'takers' and 'makers'. They are a dwindling and pitiful lot. Their modern heros are little more than clowns. Bachman, Palin, beck, Santorum, Paul etc.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12562 May 21, 2013
columbus native wrote:
<quoted text>Totally agree! These republicans are fantasizing about some big watergate scandel and the American people(They think) will demand Obama's departure. Any independent voter like me sees very little comparison, but sit back and watch them come unravelled.

You wish dummy.

"Top IRS official will invoke the Fifth Amendment in congressional hearing about tea party targeting program."

And now that the scent of blood is in the air, the hunt has just begun.
Bored

Commerce, GA

#12563 May 21, 2013
columbus native wrote:
Even on a rainy day it is exciting watching these republicans on this forum get more and more worked up. Come on now republicans we got almost 4 more years to run and most of you are already flipping out. How does it feel? Now you know what all of us had to go thru when your lord and master bush was tearing up our country. Atleast this president is getting some money back to the people and not just the corporate wealthy. You all are a Curse and a Shame to our country and most of us non-republicans are'nt leeberrals.

ha-ha-ha, 2014 is only next year dumbo. Obama and his programs are dead in the water.

Location hidden

#12564 May 21, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Synergy, sometimes you're NOT out of your mind.
Today hasn't been one of those times.
As opposed to you whom is pretty much ALWAYS out of yours.
Do you HONESTLY think that his people aren't telling him what he should do in regard to this tragedy and how it will help the situation(s) of last week? SERIOUSLY? It's politics! Get a clue!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Car discovered in Coffee Co. creek Wed Just here for fun 7
New Icons Desmond Hunter & 'Slave Avenger' (Aug '08) Tue F all yall 5
Chad holtzclaw Aug 23 DontMethWithMe 3
dead beet shit head cops in port wentworth GA (Jul '08) Aug 20 Random Driver 74
Sweet William and the Stereos (Aug '11) Aug 17 bboykin 7
Del Anderson Contractor, Just Say No (Aug '11) Aug 14 clubber 2
News Opinion: Crime in Savannah: What's the answer? Aug 12 Jpac104 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages