Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10143 May 9, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Either they are classified or they aren't. WHO refuses to allow a US Senator to publish a non-classified document? I'd really like to know that.
<quoted text>
What fiction? You haven't proven anything. What cover up? You've filled some space with words, but there is no viable proof whatsoever of a cover-up at this point in time. None. Just speculation and a witch-hunt and some political posturing.
(CNN)– House Speaker John Boehner called on President Obama to release emails that he says show how the White House wanted to change the Benghazi attack "talking points."….
At a press conference Thursday, Boehner said he wants the White House to unveil emails to the public that House committees saw privately in their Benghazi investigation…..
"The White House continues to claim it only made stylistic changes to talking points used by (U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations) Susan Rice, ignoring the fact that seniors White House officials directed the changes being made to those talking points," …..

The report claimed White House and State Department personnel deliberately altered talking points put together by the intelligence community about what transpired in Libya to remove any references to extremist groups linked to al Qaeda…..

Days after the attack, Rice used the talking points on several Sunday morning news shows and said the attack originated from a protest outside of the compound. The intelligence community later said the violence was actually a terrorist attack.

At Wednesday's House hearing on Benghazi, Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy of South Carolina read an excerpt from the email, sent from Beth Jones, the acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs at the State Department.
"'I spoke to the Libyan ambassador and emphasized the importance of Libyan leaders continuing to make strong statements'," he read aloud, adding that the email was sent the day after Benghazi and several days before Rice's television appearance. "'When he said his government suspected that former Gadhafi regime elements carried out the attacks I told him that the group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al-Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic terrorists.' Let me say that again…she told him, the State Department on September 12th, days before our ambassador went on national television, is telling the ambassador to Libya the group that conducted the attacks Ansar al-Sharia is affiliated with Islamic terrorists."

A further consequence of Rice's going on the talk shows with her fabricated story of the video was that before her segment with Bob Scheiffer, the guest was the President of Libya's General Congress Mohamed el-Magariaf who stated the attack was clearly preplanned. Rice coming on right after him contradicting his statements was an embarassment to Libya - not exactly a smart thing for a UN ambassador to do.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#10144 May 10, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>We do. See I have children and although queers don't effect me directly. If I condone this behavior it may effect me indirectly through my children. Daddy can't be there all the time and I'm scared for my children's souls and their children's souls. GN.
Please. What two gay people do in their homes has no affect on your little brats. Is there really a difference in a man putting a penis in his mouth as compared to the ones that have been in your wifes? Not so much.

Not sure why some folks are always worried about what gay folks are doing. I say let them get married and be miserable like the rest of us.
danger zone

Atlanta, GA

#10145 May 10, 2013
Nixon was forced to resign over a cover up & there were no deaths at the Watergate hotel. Just a thought.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#10146 May 10, 2013
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Please. What two gay people do in their homes has no affect on your little brats. Is there really a difference in a man putting a penis in his mouth as compared to the ones that have been in your wifes? Not so much.
Not sure why some folks are always worried about what gay folks are doing. I say let them get married and be miserable like the rest of us.
If we encouraged their gross nasty a$$es to stay in their little closets; they would effect no one, but those like you that choose to jump in the closet with them. There is a lot of difference queerbait. It's unatural moron. How bout you don't worry about my liitle brats. I don't worry about what queers are doing. I was just saying I don't want to portray to my children that this type of behavior is Ok. So when some queer sicko offers them some candy in the park, which is where these fa**ots like to hang. My children will know to come get daddy. I'd suggest you go to church boy or something, because you need help.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#10147 May 10, 2013
danger zone wrote:
Nixon was forced to resign over a cover up & there were no deaths at the Watergate hotel. Just a thought.
But there was a crime.
danger zone

Atlanta, GA

#10148 May 10, 2013
And....Nixon was republican, up against a most liberal news media.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#10149 May 10, 2013
danger zone wrote:
And....Nixon was republican, up against a most liberal news media.
Obama is not a republican and is not up against a mostly liberal news media. They and we love him. Hello.
danger zone

Atlanta, GA

#10150 May 10, 2013
Not to worry, Obama has Hillary & Rice to take the heat off him. It was Hillary's call. The liberal news media will ignore it, as they are doing a superb job. If this happened on a republican president's watch, they'd be crucifying him. We'd never hear the end of it.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#10151 May 10, 2013
danger zone wrote:
Not to worry, Obama has Hillary & Rice to take the heat off him. It was Hillary's call. The liberal news media will ignore it, as they are doing a superb job. If this happened on a republican president's watch, they'd be crucifying him. We'd never hear the end of it.
Now your getting it. Well. He's not a republican president and it will old news in a month; except to the loved ones of the fallen. Sorry. That is just the way it is. Not to beat a dead horse, but how can you be so outraged by this and act like what Bush did to this country should be forgotten? Typical hypoctitical clueless "conservative".
danger zone

Atlanta, GA

#10152 May 10, 2013
Outrage? My life is filled with too many blessings to be filled with rage & hatred. Life is too short. No hate coming from this keyboard, none whatsoever.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#10153 May 10, 2013
danger zone wrote:
Outrage? My life is filled with too many blessings to be filled with rage & hatred. Life is too short. No hate coming from this keyboard, none whatsoever.
Oh. I'm sorry. You seemed to me as though you were outraged about this Benghazi thing. My fault. I see now it doesn't really matter to you. Glad you cleared that up.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#10154 May 10, 2013
After reading a few of the posts, it's evident we conservatives just cant leave these liberaces alone for even one day without them starting to devour each other. How pathetic.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

#10155 May 10, 2013
Oxymoron quote from a moron President.

"Obama warned Republicans that he would not allow Republicans to,“collect a ransom in exchange for not crashing the American economy. The full faith and credit of the United States of America."

"full faith and credit"

The fed buying $85 billion a month of Treasury issued bonds is considered faith and credit.
And everyone wonders why folks buy gold and silver, even China.

Where there is no faith, there is no credit.

OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#10156 May 10, 2013
Bored wrote:
After reading a few of the posts, it's evident we conservatives just cant leave these liberaces alone for even one day without them starting to devour each other. How pathetic.
It's called having a difference of opinions. Get a clue. You're pathetic. No one is devouring no one. Moron.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#10157 May 10, 2013
Ah... That Right Wing Wacko mentality

- Our citizens live poor, sickly and stupid, and die young, but by God, our companies make higher profits !

After Plant Explosion, Texas Remains Wary of Regulation

Last Updated: 9:08 PM ET
WEST, Tex.— Five days after an explosion at a fertilizer plant leveled a wide swath of this town, Gov. Rick Perry tried to woo Illinois business officials by trumpeting his state’s low taxes and limited regulations.

“Through their elected officials,” he said, Texans “clearly send the message of their comfort with the amount of oversight.”

Texas is the only state that does not require companies to contribute to workers’ compensation coverage.

It boasts the largest city in the country, Houston, with no zoning laws. It does not have a state fire codes,
and it prohibits smaller counties from having such codes.

McLennan is among the counties without a fire code

Some Texas counties even cite the lack of local fire codes as a reason for companies to move there.

But Texas has also had the nation’s highest number of workplace fatalities for much of the past decade.

Fires and explosions at Texas’ more than 1,300 chemical and industrial plants have cost as much in property damage as those in all the other states combined for the last five years.

Compared with Illinois, which has the nation’s second-largest number of high-risk sites, more than 950, but tighter fire and safety rules, Texas had more than three times the number of accidents, four times the number of injuries and deaths, and 300 times the property damage costs.

As federal investigators sift through the rubble at the West Fertilizer Company plant seeking clues about the April 17 blast that killed at least 14 people and injured roughly 200 others, some here argue that Texas’ culture itself contributed to the calamity.

“The Wild West approach to protecting public health and safety is what you get when you give companies too much economic freedom and not enough responsibility and accountability,” said Thomas O. McGarity, a professor at the University of Texas at Austin School of Law and an expert on regulation.
Federal officials and fire safety experts contend that fire codes and other requirements would probably have made a difference.

A fire code would have required frequent inspections by fire marshals who might have prohibited the plant’s owner from storing the fertilizer just hundreds of feet from a school, a hospital, a railroad and other public buildings, they say.

A fire code also would probably have mandated sprinklers and forbidden the storage of ammonium nitrate near combustible materials.(Investigators say the fertilizer was stored in a largely wooden building near piles of seed, one possible factor in the fire.)

“It’s tough to overstate the importance fire codes would have made,” said Scott Harris, a former emergency management coordinator in Texas for the Environmental Protection Agency, who is now with UL Workplace Health and Safety, a safety science company.“Texas just hasn’t wrapped its brain around this fact yet.”

Ah Texas .... Competing with South Carolina for the Right Wing Wacko crown as having the poorest, most illiterate, and sickest, employees who die young in the name of increased profits.

My money is on South Carolina.
Disgusted

Chatsworth, GA

#10158 May 10, 2013
Let justice prevail. 4 Americans died and Obama's people lied and covered it up.
Nixon was impeached and nobody died from his pranks. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Let justice prevail.
No Clinton for President in 2016.
No Gingrey for U.S. Senate in 2014.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#10159 May 10, 2013
Bored wrote:
Oh and as usual you have nothing to add other than your corny insults. Really pathetic.

United States

#10160 May 10, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>We do. See I have children and although queers don't effect me directly. If I condone this behavior it may effect me indirectly through my children. Daddy can't be there all the time and I'm scared for my children's souls and their children's souls. GN.
If that is sarcasm then disregard the following:

What a T-total crock of bullsh*t. Maybe you should change the 'o' to a 'c' or maybe just change to 'ricky' as in ricky santorum.
danger zone

Atlanta, GA

#10161 May 10, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Oh. I'm sorry. You seemed to me as though you were outraged about this Benghazi thing. My fault. I see now it doesn't really matter to you. Glad you cleared that up.

Oh, it matters, it should matter to all Americans.
I'm not they type to contemplate jumping off a cliff for anyone or anything. If I were that unstable, I'd jumped the day Obama won the FIRST election.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

#10162 May 10, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
Let justice prevail. 4 Americans died and Obama's people lied and covered it up.
Nixon was impeached and nobody died from his pranks. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Let justice prevail.
No Clinton for President in 2016.
No Gingrey for U.S. Senate in 2014.
Well if you want justice to prevail. I'm all for that. When they go slap the handcuffs on the whole Bush family for the deaths of thousands of American soldiers; then you'll have a leg to stand on when you want to scream justice. You really know nothing about history, so stop trying to appear as if you do. Clinton was impeached for a crime and so was Nixon. I'd say that's a prime example of what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Clinton 2016 get used to hearing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ready for whatever! Wed wicked 1
gay teens in georgia (Jan '15) Wed wicked 4
News Coast Guard Sent to Georgia Coast for Teens Mis... Jul 28 Scotty fish 1
criminals in the government of savannah georgia... Jul 27 Seriouslady 7
Hunter Williams Jul 19 Kind One 1
News Savannah pastor gets almost decade in prison fo... Jul 19 Sam 3
Home Depot called the Police on me for attempti... (Dec '08) Jul 10 Cellphone Guy 145
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages