Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Savannah Forum

Comments (Page 455)

Showing posts 9,081 - 9,100 of47,971
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9584
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I did see that, in fact, it was in the quoted text to which I replied.
Perhaps you missed this part...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
3) The vast majority of households that donít pay federal income taxes are either elderly or paying payroll taxes. As you can see below, 60 percent of those who donít pay income tax are still working and paying taxes for Social Security and Medicare. Their tax liability is just too low to qualify for the income tax. Another 22 percent of non-payers are retirees.
Only about 7.9 percent of households are not paying any federal taxes at all. Thatís usually because theyíre either unemployed or on disability or students or are very poor.
..........
Or maybe you missed this part...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
4) Many low-income workers donít pay federal income taxes thanks, in part, to a series of tax cuts endorsed by Republicans over the years.
...For instance, most (though not all) elderly households are excluded from paying taxes on their Social Security benefits. And low-income workers with children can qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit. As Keith Hennessey explains, the latter was a major GOP initiative during the 1990s and 2000s, and conservatives used to tout them as vital poverty-reduction measures...
..........
Course the point, as usual, is the context of the statement. Within the very narrow confines of the words that are spoken it is certianly a true statement, but then that narrow statement does not represent the entire picture. It's really not relevant because it is out of context.


H-ha-ha. How ridiculous. A dummy blogger quoting a blogger.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9585
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>You're just stupid. I'm a happy dummy. I have the day off. You're butt buddy addressed me first. I really don't know why I even reply to you especially. Like I said you're stupid and no good can come out of talking to you. Are you that bald headed dude that keeps cyber stalking me? You're really weird.

Yep, nothing like a happy dummy.
danger zone

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9586
May 8, 2013
 
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9587
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Put the pill bottle down and take two steps back. Now call a hotline for some help. ASAP.

Is that really the best you can do for humor, doesn't work, so sad.
OMTE

Ashburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9588
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark Sanford.
You like those words better?
LOL. Yeah that's better. Thanks. I needed that. Really. What a doofus. Still laughing. Thanks.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9589
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>Hold onto your hat.

"Peter Ferrara pens a fantastic Op-Ed in Forbes this morning. He documents the myriad inaccuracies claimed by the Obama Administration regarding his new budget, the experiment with democracy a failure¬Ē
Whew !

For a minute there I thought I'd have to read that as it seemed somewhat interesting.

Then I noticed it was a "cut and paste", and according to Right Wing Wacko Rules, those don't count.

Good try though.
OMTE

Ashburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9590
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that really the best you can do for humor, doesn't work, so sad.
I'm sorry. It's still early. I haven't finished drinking my coffee. That all can't be homeruns.
danger zone

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9591
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

danger zone wrote:
My most favorite line from the whole article....

But in the end, they decided he was as good as they were going to get.
OMTE

Ashburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9592
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
My most favorite line from the whole article....
But in the end, they decided he was as good as they were going to get.
You'd fit right in up there. Still laughing.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9593
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Whew !

For a minute there I thought I'd have to read that as it seemed somewhat interesting.

Then I noticed it was a "cut and paste", and according to Right Wing Wacko Rules, those don't count.

Good try though.
Of course, it was amusing to read that a $439 Billion Dollar deficit was the highest in history before Obama,

When, Bush's last deficit was $1.4 Trillion Dollars, and Bush inherited a budget surplus.

Only in Right Wing Wacko World math is Obama's $400 Billion more than Bush's $1.4 Trillion.

Thank goodness Right Wing Wackos are amusing when they get it their crayons and pretend to be grown ups. I bet they even put on Daddy's tie.

Gotta love Right Wing Wackos - never let the truth interfere with the B.S.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9594
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

After that, how can anyone be a Right Winger ?

It's real easy.

You believe society "owes you a living".

You somehow believe that George Bush is more dangerous than Bin Laden, Saddam, Hitler, etc...

You believe conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and sex offender belongs in the White House.

You believe that the same teacher who cannot effectively teach 4th graders how to read, basic math skills, and history is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.

You believe that heterosexuality is a learned behavior, but homosexuality is normal and natural.

You believe that there is no difference in men and women.

You believe that the United States signing the Kyoto Treaty will end Global Warming although you have made absolutely no attempt to actually read it yourself.

You somehow believe that a President who lied under oath, appeased fanatical dictators, and gave military technology to hostile regimes is somehow better for America than the present Administration.

You believe Bush is a genius who masterminded the 9/11 attack on America, yet is as dumb as a stump the rest of the time.

You want to legalize drugs but outlaw tobacco.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9595
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, it was amusing to read that a $439 Billion Dollar deficit was the highest in history before Obama,
When, Bush's last deficit was $1.4 Trillion Dollars, and Bush inherited a budget surplus.
Only in Right Wing Wacko World math is Obama's $400 Billion more than Bush's $1.4 Trillion.
Thank goodness Right Wing Wackos are amusing when they get it their crayons and pretend to be grown ups. I bet they even put on Daddy's tie.
Gotta love Right Wing Wackos - never let the truth interfere with the B.S.

Will you ever learn? A yearly budget deficit is not the same as long term deficits.

Bush left a long term deficit of $1.4, Obama has increased the long term deficit number to something like $4 trillion in only 4 years as opposed to 8 for Bush.

Dam Liberaces dont know diddly.
Scott

Clarkesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9596
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
It's real easy.
You believe society "owes you a living".
You somehow believe that George Bush is more dangerous than Bin Laden, Saddam, Hitler, etc...
You believe conservatives telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and sex offender belongs in the White House.
You believe that the same teacher who cannot effectively teach 4th graders how to read, basic math skills, and history is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
You believe that heterosexuality is a learned behavior, but homosexuality is normal and natural.
You believe that there is no difference in men and women.
You believe that the United States signing the Kyoto Treaty will end Global Warming although you have made absolutely no attempt to actually read it yourself.
You somehow believe that a President who lied under oath, appeased fanatical dictators, and gave military technology to hostile regimes is somehow better for America than the present Administration.
You believe Bush is a genius who masterminded the 9/11 attack on America, yet is as dumb as a stump the rest of the time.
You want to legalize drugs but outlaw tobacco.
"You believe that there is no difference in men and women"

Bored, I feel I must defend the Liberals on this one. Have you seen Janet Reno, Hillary Clinton, Rachael Maddow, Patty Murray, just to name a few? C'mon, give'em a break.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9597
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Put the pill bottle down and take two steps back. Now call a hotline for some help. ASAP.
So refute a few of them, why don't you?
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9599
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you ever learn? A yearly budget deficit is not the same as long term deficits.
Bush left a long term deficit of $1.4, Obama has increased the long term deficit number to something like $4 trillion in only 4 years as opposed to 8 for Bush.
Dam Liberaces dont know diddly.

correction to my numbers.

Bush added $2.39 trillion to long term debt he inherited of $3.41 trillion for a total long term debt of $5.8 trillion as of Dec 2008. If inter-govermental debt is included the debt is around $10.8 trillion.(inter-governmental debt includes robbing from S.S. to pay for other government operations.)

Another $1.2 trillion can be attributed to Bush for the 2009 budget while Obama was in office for year 2009 for a total of $3.59 trillion for Bush during his 8 years in office.

Obama has added appox $6 trillion to the long term debt is just 4 years.

While being forced to reduce spending by the sequester, Obama continues to charge ahead with higher budgets submitted to Congress and overall government spending increases beyond what revenues are collected.



Obama has added another
OMTE

Ashburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9600
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
So refute a few of them, why don't you?
To even try to refute the rant of a moron is somewhat giving his statement some form of validity and by doing so would suggest that I believed that some of it were true. Some times it better to ignore complete stupidity. Unless, you call it for what it is. Stupid. I say keep it coming. Ya'll are turning people away from your way of thinking by the day. The ones ya'll are recruiting. Well. You can have them dummies. I think you'd be pretty cool Aggie if you weren't filled with hate and you'd grow a sense of humour.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9601
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
"You believe that there is no difference in men and women"
Bored, I feel I must defend the Liberals on this one. Have you seen Janet Reno, Hillary Clinton, Rachael Maddow, Patty Murray, just to name a few? C'mon, give'em a break.

You do make a good point. You forgot Pelosi, like fright night on Halloween.



OMTE

Ashburn, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9602
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You're being a little paranoid, don't you think?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YlcLOl0Bm3c/T5S1EUg...
This has got be my favorite link bar-none. The dude looks like Peter off of Family Guy. It's how I picture "bored" to look like. You should save this in your favs. It's hilarious. Where do you come up with sh*t like this.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9603
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark Sanford.
You like those words better?
You mean to say that you're NOT EMBARRASSED that Republican voters could be so stupid as to let this man have a significant role in the affairs of the American people?

From June 18 until June 24, 2009, the whereabouts of Sanford were unknown to the public, as well as to his wife and the State Law Enforcement Division, which provides security for him, garnering nationwide news coverage. The absence of Governor Sanford was first reported by Jim Davenport of the Associated Press.

Lieutenant Governor Andrť Bauer announced that he could not "take lightly that his staff has not had communication with him for more than four days, and that no one, including his own family, knows his whereabouts."

Before his disappearance, Sanford told his staff that he would be hiking on the Appalachian Trail and while he was gone he did not answer 15 cell phone calls from his chief of staff Scott English; he also failed to call his family on Father's Day.

He hasn't exactly exhibited good judgement. Yet now he gets to vote on nuclear policy and foreign affairs and health care and taxes?

FURTHER PROOF REPUBLICANS ARE IRRESPONSIBLE and DANGEROUS VOTERS.

In its April 2010 report watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington named Sanford one of eleven worst governors in the United States because of various ethics issues throughout Sanford's term as governor and his time in Congress.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9604
May 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got to wonder if you even know what the actual Budget Process entails...
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/federalbudgetpr...
The President Submits a Budget Proposal to Congress
Following the procedure required by the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974, the President presents a budget proposal for the coming Fiscal Year to Congress on or before the first Monday in February.
Based on the input of the federal agencies, the president's budget proposal projects estimated spending, revenue, and borrowing levels broken down by functional categories for the coming fiscal year to start October 1.
The president's budget proposal serves as a "starting point" for the Congress to consider. Congress is under no obligation to adopt all or any of the President's budget and often makes significant changes. However, since the President must ultimately approve all future bills they propose, Congress is often reluctant to completely ignore the priorities of the President's budget.
House and Senate Budget Committees Report the Budget Resolution
The Congressional Budget Act requires passage of an annual "Congressional Budget Resolution", a concurrent resolution passed in identical form by both House and Senate, but not requiring the President's signature....
No need for you to wonder. I have to wonder why you think it's okay for the president not to be effective enough to get a budget passed. Wonder if you would be so defensive if that were a conservative not getting that accomplished. Oh, that's right. No need to wonder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,081 - 9,100 of47,971
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savannah Discussions

Search the Savannah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) 11 hr Patty M 140
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 12 hr marvinstevens 2,040
Obama Sat Lyle 1
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Jul 10 Neb 46
Edna Jackson for your reading pleasure Jul 9 Anon 1
Savannah Georgia Jul 3 Sam Curnutte 1
Review: Savannah Rheumatology Assoc - John J Mo... (Apr '10) Jul 1 Gina 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Savannah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Savannah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Savannah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Savannah
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••