Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#7888 Apr 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_unto_Caes... ...
"Render unto Caesar" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"[Matthew 22:21]
This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity and secular authority. The original message, coming in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, gives rise to multiple possible interpretations about the circumstances under which it is desirable for the Christian to submit to earthly authority.....

And again as usual; you offer no opinion, no insight, no detail, nothing, nada.
A useless post to insert Christianity into the debate for what reason?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7889 Apr 27, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You chose to refute my post with a broad brush. Please do so with some detail and content. No link required - I made a statement, not quoted something.
You just bash everything with no knowledge of what you're talking about, then deflect if asked to elaborate. It's completely illogical and pointless.
lol Duck and dodge. You know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Read a couple of previous pages in regard to your 'usual' reply.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7890 Apr 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than impose the controls that you would prefer in this Public Forum, you could just skip those posts you find so offensive. Remember, you control your actions.
When he is posting SPECIFICALLY to me, I want to at least TRY to get through them. In case you haven't noticed, I DO skip most of them. Guess you just couldn't think of anything else to post.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7891 Apr 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than impose the controls that you would prefer in this Public Forum, you could just skip those posts you find so offensive. Remember, you control your actions.
Post #7890 applies to you as well.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#7892 Apr 27, 2013
Paul Broun.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7893 Apr 27, 2013
Chicknbutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess 322 million is better than the 4 Billion that the GOP wants to raid from it.
Oh, you mean the $4 billion that they wanted to move in order to shore up the high risk insurance pools - the one part of the bill many people can agree with, as opposed to Obama wanting the $322 million to hire a PR firm to make people feel better about the state exchanges in recognition that more and more people are realizing Obamacare is heading down the road to disaster.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7894 Apr 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Confusion Batman...
But hey, according to some, I'm not a Christian, and this may bore you, or you may prefer that it be paraphased, and apparently this will need correction, but I choose to post it anyway.
Matthew 6
“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_unto_Caes... ...
"Render unto Caesar" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"[Matthew 22:21]
This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity and secular authority. The original message, coming in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, gives rise to multiple possible interpretations about the circumstances under which it is desirable for the Christian to submit to earthly authority.....
You really should have thought these quotations through before posting them. It is the Democrats who "practice their righteousness" in public by proclaiming how much they want to help the poor (by forcing other people to pay for programs that they believe only hurt the recipients) while in private Democrats take every deduction possible in order to limit their personal tax liability while donating far less to charity with their OWN money. It is Democrats who have received their "reward in full" by buying the votes of the less fortunate, who have become so dependent on government that they think that is the only way to live.
It is you on the Left that keep trying to twist the Gospel in order to claim that Jesus would be a Liberal.
(Yes, he would so be in favor of the "infant sacrifice" Planned Parenthood pushes.) We on the right are not "trumpeting" anything, just refuting your ridiculous claims that somehow forcing Peter to pay for Paul is somehow virtuous. Meanwhile, Republicans continue to donate to the less fortunate without any fanfare until forced to refute the claims by the Left that they are "greedy" and "don't care about the poor and the children". Claims made by people whose principle concern where the poor are concerned is that they keep pulling that "D" lever.
The whole "should we pay Rome taxes" question was an attempt to "trip Jesus up" by the Pharisees, if Jesus said "yes" that was likely to infuriate the general public who wanted to see the Roman occupation overthrown, if Jesus said "no", then he would be seen as questioning Roman authority and could be accused by the Roman authorities of inciting rebellion. Jesus response was simply that one should fulfill both their civic obligations AND their obligations to God. In which case, I'd say the Republicans do a far better job of fulfilling those commands than do the Democrats. We pay our legally obligated taxes AND we donate to charities.
And do you really think you want to compare our democratically elected government to a government of Roman occupation?
Informed Opinion

United States

#7895 Apr 27, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Man, you really are hung up on the subject of homosexuality and here you are widening the field. Can you please move on to another subject.
That's a question to ask yourself and "Bored".

You all keep bringing up homosexuality and we Moderates and Progressives keep telling you to stop being fixated on sex;

The you claim as "Christians" must condemn homosexuals - so we Moderates and Progressives prove you don't;

And now, after having had the Right Wing hatred and fear arguments crushed by rational thought and facts, comes the Right Wing surrender cry "never mind".

Kinda like after 8 years of Bush and the Right Wing Wackos in charge - all they can say is "Never Mind".
get it right

Dahlonega, GA

#7896 Apr 27, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Confusion Batman...
But hey, according to some, I'm not a Christian, and this may bore you, or you may prefer that it be paraphased, and apparently this will need correction, but I choose to post it anyway.
Matthew 6
“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Render_unto_Caes... ...
"Render unto Caesar" is the beginning of a phrase attributed to Jesus in the synoptic gospels, which reads in full, "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"[Matthew 22:21]
This phrase has become a widely quoted summary of the relationship between Christianity and secular authority. The original message, coming in response to a question of whether it was lawful for Jews to pay taxes to Caesar, gives rise to multiple possible interpretations about the circumstances under which it is desirable for the Christian to submit to earthly authority.....
So when the earthly authority says you should lie about your neighbor, who do you suggest we obey?
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#7897 Apr 27, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Duck and dodge. You know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Read a couple of previous pages in regard to your 'usual' reply.
Yet ANOTHER classic Synergy variation of "I know you are but what am I?".

ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#7898 Apr 27, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>

Kinda like after 8 years of Bush and the Right Wing Wackos in charge - all they can say is "Never Mind".
LOL! Even Spin-Meister Supreme KKKarl Rove has a hard time defending the Bush years.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7899 Apr 27, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a question to ask yourself and "Bored".
You all keep bringing up homosexuality and we Moderates and Progressives keep telling you to stop being fixated on sex;
The you claim as "Christians" must condemn homosexuals - so we Moderates and Progressives prove you don't;
And now, after having had the Right Wing hatred and fear arguments crushed by rational thought and facts, comes the Right Wing surrender cry "never mind".
Kinda like after 8 years of Bush and the Right Wing Wackos in charge - all they can say is "Never Mind".
Please point out any post of mine that has discussed homosexuality, before the one you are responding to (in which I mentioned the topic, nothing more).......good luck.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7900 Apr 27, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Even Spin-Meister Supreme KKKarl Rove has a hard time defending the Bush years.
Typical Leftist - no real information, but never miss any opportunity to try and smear a Republican with the racist label - "KKK". But, hey, we're not the party that kept electing back to national office (from the 1950's through 2010) a man who was a 'Grand Kleagle' and "Exalted Cyclops" of the KKK - that purveyor of pork - Robert Byrd - the man who not only voted against both African American nominees to the Supreme Court but who also voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 - the same act that Al Gore, Sr voted against and that was supported by 80% of the Republicans in office, but only by 63% of the Democrats in office.
Informed Opinion

Dahlonega, GA

#7901 Apr 27, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a question to ask yourself and "Bored".
I keep bringing up homosexuality and we Progressives keep telling you to stop being fixated on sex;
Then you claim as "Christians" must condemn homosexuality like any other sinful behavior; loving the sinner yet hating the sin- so you prove that we Progressives are completely lying about really wanting to help people. We would rather have them as slaves to sin than to live in the freedom guaranteed by the Lord should we turn to Him and be healed.
And now, after having had the left Wing hatred and fear arguments crushed by love,rational thought and facts, comes the left Wing surrender cry "never mind".
Kinda like after the years of Obama and the left Wing Wackos in charge - all we can say is "Never Mind", it's all Bushies fault. We never were much good where truth is concerned.
Thap's what I meant.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7902 Apr 27, 2013
This is getting truly unseemly. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, not a weapon to be used by each side while trying to score points against the other. Can we please just stop.
also

Dahlonega, GA

#7903 Apr 27, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
This is getting truly unseemly. The Bible is the inspired Word of God, not a weapon to be used by each side while trying to score points against the other. Can we please just stop.
it is also a double edged sword.
Informed Opinion

United States

#7904 Apr 27, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>I think he's afraid to come out of the closet. I told him this topix is a closet, but fear has overcomed him.
Ah...

Having been completely embarrassed when your Right Wing obsession with sex and hatred of gays exposed, and your Anti-Christian positions revealed,

The Right Winger falls back on the typical childish attacks, which, as usual are related to their repressed homosexual tendencies.

It's just a shame emotionally secure and intellectually gifted Right Winger aren't around to debate.

Damn. That's right ... There aren't any.

By the way, I'm a black gay lesbian with 7 illegitimate kids, all of us on welfare - I'm the very person Jesus said you had to love feed clothe and house.

Oh wait ... Jesus was a "Libtard"
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#7906 Apr 27, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a question to ask yourself and "Bored".
I keep bringing up homosexuality and we Progressives keep telling you to stop being fixated on sex;
You were crushed by the Bible itself. Your lack of knowledge put you in the trap. It just happened to be about homosexuality because those were the verses YOU were using.

Spin it any way you want, it's obvious to me and many others you were the first to use Bible verse to try and prove a point, mainly because you dont any legs to stand on in any of your arguments.

Whether homosexuality, abortion, charity, Christian love, love of country, or even your knowledge of Chesty, you are 180 degrees away from conservatives and will never understand the concepts of conservatism.

While we conservatives understand too well the libtards agenda of government control over the people by making the people dependent on government for our livelihood. We conservatives know the real reason for government and it's not to be a nanny to the people nor is it to replace God.




columbus native

Edmond, OK

#7907 Apr 27, 2013
Libs Libtards funny how these republicanturds think everyone who is not part of their circus is a liberal. Well truth is come election time republicans plus some independents against democrats,independents and most everyone non-republican. Most folks have become fed-up with trickle down republican propaganda that made a few wealthy and the rest of us poor. Most who don't vote republican are hard-working sincere people who are middle of the road political thinkers who will be calling the election shots from now on. Republicans have become the eyesores that most are tired of and won't support.
Oh My Oh My

Dahlonega, GA

#7908 Apr 27, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah...
Having been completely embarrassed when your Right Wing obsession with sex and hatred of gays exposed, and your Anti-Christian positions revealed,
The Right Winger falls back on the typical childish attacks, which, as usual are related to their repressed homosexual tendencies.
It's just a shame emotionally secure and intellectually gifted Right Winger aren't around to debate.
Damn. That's right ... There aren't any.
By the way, I'm a black gay lesbian with 7 illegitimate kids, all of us on welfare - I'm the very person Jesus said you had to love feed clothe and house.
Oh wait ... Jesus was a "Libtard"
Your post is not Christian in any way shape or form. Many may be unkind, but itis the practice that is hated not the person. Stop lying about the teachings of the church.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biking In Savannah,Georgia (Jul '13) Oct 16 Sam Smart 10
Looking for missing uncle. Oct 10 FOUND ON MISSING ... 2
Review: Magic Puppet Oct 3 STL 1
Paula Deen cooks up new online network Sep 27 FearDevil 1
Pain medicine... need it? (Sep '13) Sep 24 bojangles13 19
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Sep 22 greg 146
Protests continue in West Savannah in wake of o... Sep '14 another black cop 3
Savannah Dating
Find my Match

Savannah Jobs

Savannah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Savannah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Savannah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]