Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Savannah Forum

Comments (Page 302)

Showing posts 6,021 - 6,040 of39,508
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Libtards don't understand effects & results.
Don't understand how lowering capital gains taxes affect the economy.
Don't understand the double taxation of capital gains and the penalty of long term inflation on certain held capital.
Don't understand the damage that capital taxes does to most middle and low income people.
Don't understand a long term held capital gain,(like land, house, etc) sold after many years of ownership, and taxed in one year at the "now" value of the capital which includes the inflated cost.
Don't understand that government creates a devaluation of currency by creating more fiat money.
they do believe in the following myths;
Lowering capital gains tax rates will not help the economy.
If there is a capital gains tax cut, it should be temporary and it should not be available to all investors.
Cutting capital gains tax rates will cause stock markets to fall.
Capital gains tax cuts benefit the "wealthy" and no one else.
Lowering capital gains tax rates will not lead to more investment.
Government cannot "afford" large and permanent cut in capital gains tax rates.
Capital gains already receive preferential treatment because they are taxed at lower rates than ordinary income.
((Fact: Double-taxation of investment returns and taxing inflation cause capital gains tax rates to exceed tax rates on ordinary income.))
+1 well stated.

I've TRIED to explain this stuff for a couple of years now, the clueless and uneducated just don't get it.

"they do believe in the following myths"
"Capital gains tax cuts benefit the "wealthy" and no one else."

Of the last 6 individual tax returns I prepared, 5 of them had capital gains treatment AND none of the 5 individuals/families had gross income (from wages) over $77K, one of them was around $45K.

To say that capital gains only benefits the wealthy is a great example of the "clueless and uneducated"...
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely wrong, the low capital gains rate is to encourage the RISK of investing in a venture that MAY pay off or that MAY fail - thus resulting in the loss of the money RISKED in the investment.
Not true.

Anytime an investor doesn't want to "risk" his money, he puts it in a government insured bank account and the bank "invests" it for him, making it available just as if he had invested it himself;

or

The "investor" buys T-Bills which are secured by the full faith and credit if the American Taxpayer.

One thing that never happens is that the funds are not invested.

So there is never a need to incentivize investors - no matter what they do with their money, it's invested - either directly by them, or indirectly by government insured banks.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
+1 well stated.
I've TRIED to explain this stuff for a couple of years now, the clueless and uneducated just don't get it.
"they do believe in the following myths"
"Capital gains tax cuts benefit the "wealthy" and no one else."
Of the last 6 individual tax returns I prepared, 5 of them had capital gains treatment AND none of the 5 individuals/families had gross income (from wages) over $77K, one of them was around $45K.
To say that capital gains only benefits the wealthy is a great example of the "clueless and uneducated"...
I think they get it. They can't be that stupid. They are just government trolls and all they do is deny, deny, deny, just as the government does.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
Anytime an investor doesn't want to "risk" his money, he puts it in a government insured bank account and the bank "invests" it for him, making it available just as if he had invested it himself;
or
The "investor" buys T-Bills which are secured by the full faith and credit if the American Taxpayer.
So there is never a need to incentivize investors - no matter what they do with their money, it's invested - either directly by them, or indirectly by government insured banks.
Even further proof of the comment below:

"Proof your accountant is wrong if he/she thinks you have a good understanding of the tax system..."

Oh yeah, investing, too.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>TROLL

BTW, Aggie just took you to school. You needed it!
Ah, Right Wing insult time again.

Synergy is so stupid he was stuck on a broken escalator for 6 hours before he was rescued.

Synergy is so stupid he spent all day trying to drown his pet fish.

Damn, I like arguing the Right Wing way.

To paraphrase from the movie "As Good As It Gets", how do you think like a Right Wing Wacko:

“I think of a normal man, and I take away reason and accountability.”
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>Libtards don't understand effects & results.

Don't understand how lowering capital gains taxes affect the economy.

Don't understand the double taxation of capital gains and the penalty of long term inflation on certain held capital.

Don't understand the damage that capital taxes does to most middle and low income people.

Don't understand a long term held capital gain,(like land, house, etc) sold after many years of ownership, and taxed in one year at the "now" value of the capital which includes the inflated cost.

Don't understand that government creates a devaluation of currency by creating more fiat money.

they do believe in the following myths;

Lowering capital gains tax rates will not help the economy.

If there is a capital gains tax cut, it should be temporary and it should not be available to all investors.

Cutting capital gains tax rates will cause stock markets to fall.

Capital gains tax cuts benefit the "wealthy" and no one else.

Lowering capital gains tax rates will not lead to more investment.

Government cannot "afford" large and permanent cut in capital gains tax rates.

Capital gains already receive preferential treatment because they are taxed at lower rates than ordinary income.
((Fact: Double-taxation of investment returns and taxing inflation cause capital gains tax rates to exceed tax rates on ordinary income.))
Yea, take us to school -

Let's see- what have we learned :

Reagan - cut taxes on the rich and on their capital gains - exploded the deficit and tripled the national debt.

Bush - cut taxes on the rich and on their capital gains - exploded the deficit and doubled the national debt.

Right Wingers - just too damn stupid to learn from experience.

Now they want to cut taxes on the rich and their capital gains - Jeez - what in the world do you think might happen ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they get it. They can't be that stupid. They are just government trolls and all they do is deny, deny, deny, just as the government does.
There's a difference between stupid and ignorant. Ignorant means you don't know something, but might be able to learn or comprehend it. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was ignorant about how to drive a manual shift transmission. I learned.

MANY people are ignorant about how the tax system works, but could learn the basics if they wanted.

Frankly, IMHO, MANY just aren't smart enough to get it, but that may be more of an indication of how complex our tax system is...

That being said, if one doesn't pay income taxes, does one really care about the tax system?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the woman running for PRESIDENT will HAVE to win. So, the republicans probably won't run much of anyone. I hope they do, but I have my doubts. Of course, if another democrat wins then that will pretty much be it for this country. Oh, well.
I see. It's all part of the Republican plan to look like complete idiots for 25 years and run morons as candidates, and lose every election except for that one where their man destroyed the economy of the United States of America.

Explain to me what that plan is supposed to do again?
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they really are that stupid.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Whomever the republicans run, I'll bet they'll know how many states we have. The GAff that will never be surpassed.
Do you REALLY think that Obama doesn't know how many states there are? You just like that one because you hate Obama.
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
At least what Romney said was true.
I believed him. He really DOESN'T care about anybody but the wealthy and corporations.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>Proof your accountant is wrong if he/she thinks you have a good understanding of the tax system...
I'm sure he'll be devastated by the criticism. As a former IRS auditor, a CPA, and an Enrolled Agent and CPA with over 30 years tax experience, who has handled our personal and business taxes for years, he probably just doesn't get it.

I hope he can live with the angst.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely wrong, the low capital gains rate is to encourage the RISK of investing in a venture that MAY pay off or that MAY fail - thus resulting in the loss of the money RISKED in the investment.
You say that almost like you believe it. But really, nobody is that stupid.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>There's a difference between stupid and ignorant. Ignorant means you don't know something, but might be able to learn or comprehend it. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was ignorant about how to drive a manual shift transmission. I learned.

MANY people are ignorant about how the tax system works, but could learn the basics if they wanted.

Frankly, IMHO, MANY just aren't smart enough to get it, but that may be more of an indication of how complex our tax system is...

That being said, if one doesn't pay income taxes, does one really care about the tax system?
I guess you'd know.

Tell us.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Libtards don't understand effects & results.
Sure we do. Put Republicans in office and the middle-class spends the next year rubbing its butt.

Cause-effect. Simple.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
That would take care of the racial issue EXCEPT under Obama's reign, race relations have regressed by YEARS
They haven't regressed. The Tea Party just encouraged the racist rednecks to be more vocal and out-of-the-closet.

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/08/rnc_at...
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
or
And you consider that a good deal?
What a dufus!
Banks paying 1/2 of 1% on savings.

Federal Reserve cranking up the printing presses to print paper money to buy Government bonds NO ONE else will touch. Backed by the full faith and credit of the American Taxpayer, whose dollars are worth less with every new dollar printed to fund runaway government spending.

I hope you have to work and pay taxes till the day you die because you support such a sorry way of governing.

Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do. Put Republicans in office and the middle-class spends the next year rubbing its butt.
Cause-effect. Simple.
Another dummy responds by taking the bait.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure he'll be devastated by the criticism. As a former IRS auditor, a CPA, and an Enrolled Agent and CPA with over 30 years tax experience, who has handled our personal and business taxes for years, he probably just doesn't get it.
I hope he can live with the angst.
Nobody is as good as Bill from Douglasville Georgia. Just ask him.

I think he got the H&R Block Employee of the Month award for the Roopville GA branch once in 2005. He still has a photo of that parking space close to the door.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Government trolls===government employees who live off taxpayers, or government suppliers who live off taxpayers.
Glorya

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

IO & Synergy have been lol funny tonight!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,021 - 6,040 of39,508
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Savannah Forum right now

Search the Savannah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
savannah 21 hr hey 1
NO MORE MONEY TO Ranell Williams Family Apr 17 Sheila Bryant 1
Sex Offender works for Culligan...in and out of... Apr 15 Anonymous 1
Belize's prime minister to wed in Savannah (Feb '09) Apr 14 Nats 2
Locals voice opinions on low speed vehicles on ... Apr 14 DixieDarlin 2
Anglican priest ordained to Catholic priesthood... Apr 14 Highchurchman 5
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Apr 13 youfool 1,983
•••

Flood Warning for Chatham County was issued at April 20 at 9:27PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Savannah Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Savannah Jobs

•••
•••