Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6483 Apr 8, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they get it. They can't be that stupid. They are just government trolls and all they do is deny, deny, deny, just as the government does.
There's a difference between stupid and ignorant. Ignorant means you don't know something, but might be able to learn or comprehend it. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was ignorant about how to drive a manual shift transmission. I learned.

MANY people are ignorant about how the tax system works, but could learn the basics if they wanted.

Frankly, IMHO, MANY just aren't smart enough to get it, but that may be more of an indication of how complex our tax system is...

That being said, if one doesn't pay income taxes, does one really care about the tax system?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6484 Apr 8, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the woman running for PRESIDENT will HAVE to win. So, the republicans probably won't run much of anyone. I hope they do, but I have my doubts. Of course, if another democrat wins then that will pretty much be it for this country. Oh, well.
I see. It's all part of the Republican plan to look like complete idiots for 25 years and run morons as candidates, and lose every election except for that one where their man destroyed the economy of the United States of America.

Explain to me what that plan is supposed to do again?
Bored

Jefferson, GA

#6485 Apr 8, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they get it. They can't be that stupid. They are just government trolls and all they do is deny, deny, deny, just as the government does.
Yes, they really are that stupid.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6486 Apr 8, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Whomever the republicans run, I'll bet they'll know how many states we have. The GAff that will never be surpassed.
Do you REALLY think that Obama doesn't know how many states there are? You just like that one because you hate Obama.
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
At least what Romney said was true.
I believed him. He really DOESN'T care about anybody but the wealthy and corporations.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#6487 Apr 8, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>Proof your accountant is wrong if he/she thinks you have a good understanding of the tax system...
I'm sure he'll be devastated by the criticism. As a former IRS auditor, a CPA, and an Enrolled Agent and CPA with over 30 years tax experience, who has handled our personal and business taxes for years, he probably just doesn't get it.

I hope he can live with the angst.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6488 Apr 8, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely wrong, the low capital gains rate is to encourage the RISK of investing in a venture that MAY pay off or that MAY fail - thus resulting in the loss of the money RISKED in the investment.
You say that almost like you believe it. But really, nobody is that stupid.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#6489 Apr 8, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>There's a difference between stupid and ignorant. Ignorant means you don't know something, but might be able to learn or comprehend it. A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I was ignorant about how to drive a manual shift transmission. I learned.

MANY people are ignorant about how the tax system works, but could learn the basics if they wanted.

Frankly, IMHO, MANY just aren't smart enough to get it, but that may be more of an indication of how complex our tax system is...

That being said, if one doesn't pay income taxes, does one really care about the tax system?
I guess you'd know.

Tell us.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6490 Apr 8, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Libtards don't understand effects & results.
Sure we do. Put Republicans in office and the middle-class spends the next year rubbing its butt.

Cause-effect. Simple.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6491 Apr 8, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
That would take care of the racial issue EXCEPT under Obama's reign, race relations have regressed by YEARS
They haven't regressed. The Tea Party just encouraged the racist rednecks to be more vocal and out-of-the-closet.

http://colorlines.com/archives/2012/08/rnc_at...
Bored

Jefferson, GA

#6492 Apr 8, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
Anytime an investor doesn't want to "risk" his money, he puts it in a government insured bank account and the bank "invests" it for him, making it available just as if he had invested it himself;
or
The "investor" buys T-Bills which are secured by the full faith and credit if the American Taxpayer.
One thing that never happens is that the funds are not invested.
So there is never a need to incentivize investors - no matter what they do with their money, it's invested - either directly by them, or indirectly by government insured banks.
And you consider that a good deal?
What a dufus!
Banks paying 1/2 of 1% on savings.

Federal Reserve cranking up the printing presses to print paper money to buy Government bonds NO ONE else will touch. Backed by the full faith and credit of the American Taxpayer, whose dollars are worth less with every new dollar printed to fund runaway government spending.

I hope you have to work and pay taxes till the day you die because you support such a sorry way of governing.




Bored

Jefferson, GA

#6493 Apr 8, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do. Put Republicans in office and the middle-class spends the next year rubbing its butt.
Cause-effect. Simple.
Another dummy responds by taking the bait.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#6494 Apr 8, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure he'll be devastated by the criticism. As a former IRS auditor, a CPA, and an Enrolled Agent and CPA with over 30 years tax experience, who has handled our personal and business taxes for years, he probably just doesn't get it.
I hope he can live with the angst.
Nobody is as good as Bill from Douglasville Georgia. Just ask him.

I think he got the H&R Block Employee of the Month award for the Roopville GA branch once in 2005. He still has a photo of that parking space close to the door.
Bored

Jefferson, GA

#6495 Apr 8, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they get it. They can't be that stupid. They are just government trolls and all they do is deny, deny, deny, just as the government does.
Government trolls===government employees who live off taxpayers, or government suppliers who live off taxpayers.
Glorya

Atlanta, GA

#6496 Apr 8, 2013
IO & Synergy have been lol funny tonight!
domino

Atlanta, GA

#6497 Apr 8, 2013
Doo wrote:
<quoted text>
Doo you panic like the right wingers when North Korea pitches his baby tantrums? Especially seeing our defense buildups in this chart? Or are the Republicans still wanting to play scare tactics?
I, myself dont play "scare tactics," but with so many family members proudly serving my country in the military, I think I have the right to be worried and scared about the Korea situation. I pray every day it doesnt come to be. I dont think most of you here actually realize what countries we do have military in right now. Its shocking.

I

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6498 Apr 8, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
Anytime an investor doesn't want to "risk" his money, he puts it in a government insured bank account and the bank "invests" it for him, making it available just as if he had invested it himself;
or
The "investor" buys T-Bills which are secured by the full faith and credit if the American Taxpayer.
One thing that never happens is that the funds are not invested.
So there is never a need to incentivize investors - no matter what they do with their money, it's invested - either directly by them, or indirectly by government insured banks.
Good grief, are you truly that ignorant? Any time someone sells their house for a profit that is a capital gain. If your brother wants to start a business and you loan him the money and he succeeds and repays the loan back with interest - that interest is a capital gain - and you might have lost all the loan if his business had failed. Please quit talking about this, you are only embarassing yourself now.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6499 Apr 8, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You say that almost like you believe it. But really, nobody is that stupid.
I believe it because its true, but apparently you are that ignorant.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6500 Apr 8, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, take us to school -
Let's see- what have we learned :
Reagan - cut taxes on the rich and on their capital gains - exploded the deficit and tripled the national debt.
Bush - cut taxes on the rich and on their capital gains - exploded the deficit and doubled the national debt.
Right Wingers - just too damn stupid to learn from experience.
Now they want to cut taxes on the rich and their capital gains - Jeez - what in the world do you think might happen ?
You really do just ignore the facts don't you. Every time the tax rates have been cut, revenues to the government have INCREASED. The problem is SO DID THE SPENDING under Democrat congresses.

There is a very simple truth that you and others on the Left continually ignore. If you want to decrease something, tax it. If you want to increase something, subsidize it. Raise capital gains taxes and you will decrease investment, thus decreasing job creation. The social programs of the 60's have only managed to "subsidize" poverty and illegitimacy - 4 decades and $15 trillion later and the poverty rate is the same as it was in the 60's, while the illegitimacy rate has trebled. The Left either will not learn or has as its goal a permanent underclass that will keep voting for whomever will give them the most "goodies" - somehow not realizing that those "goodies" are a form of enslavement.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6501 Apr 8, 2013
^^^^And Obama himself acknowledged in an interview with Charlie Gibson that decreasing taxes increased the amount of revenue that the government took in. He ADMITTED it. But he then said, but Charlie its a matter of fairness. That should have been headlines everywhere. It didn't matter that lowering taxes would mean more money in the government coffers with which to fund programs - it was more important to take money from the "rich" than it was to have more money to "help people." There's your dogmatic Left for you.
Bored

Jefferson, GA

#6502 Apr 8, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>

Good grief, are you truly that ignorant?
Please quit talking about this, you are only embarassing yourself now.
Yes he is,
but he doesn't seem to mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) 17 hr Sirjt 156
Winn Dixie is owned and operated by the klu klu... (Jun '16) Sat Anonymous 5
To the guy that picked the female trucker named... Fri Bringtesla 2
The Sanctuary 4584 Cox Rd. Evans GA., RACIST & ... (Jun '16) Thu B Napolen 4
Hank Johnson Thu John Karey 1
News Talent scout now charged with scamming six clients (Aug '08) Apr 26 Edmontononian 458
What percent of white women are with black men ... (Apr '13) Apr 25 blackman blackmen 82

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages