|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts are the people in charge. That would be this Administration. If it all continues into the next administration for several years, then I would blame them. No rocket science.
Remember What President Truman said. "The buck stops here". How true it is.
as for the last 4 plus yrs.-that may be true.but this bleeding and draining did not start with the current admin.
Glorya

Social Circle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

That post sounded like I've already started with the mimosas, just delete that extra "for"... just thinking about them, I'm already craving one.:)
Maybe later.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Glorya wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Synergy! Please forgive for those posts when I attacked you without reason(s). I'm blaming it on my friend, serving me ALL those mimosas. French champagne & freshly squeezed oj does it everytime ... I promise to leave my phone in the car next time.
lol You are DEFINITELY having more fun than I am. NEVER pass up the chance for a great mimosa!!!!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe the women on Topix haven't eaten you alive for this post. I saw it but I just let it go as I knew you were going to catch hell for it, but that hasn't happened yet.
Personally I see no difference in not voting for a woman because she is a woman than not voting for a black guy just because he is black. Or not voting for a white person because they are white. That goes for any race of people. I vote for the person that I think is the best qualified and holds most closely to my views. That surely wouldn't by Hillary Clinton and that's for sure!
I don't know if you really feel the way about women as you posted or you are just trying to make the forum more interesting.
I feel if you truly feel that way that you are wrong, but that is your choice to make and live with.
We're circling our wagons!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe the women on Topix haven't eaten you alive for this post. I saw it but I just let it go as I knew you were going to catch hell for it, but that hasn't happened yet.
Personally I see no difference in not voting for a woman because she is a woman than not voting for a black guy just because he is black. Or not voting for a white person because they are white. That goes for any race of people. I vote for the person that I think is the best qualified and holds most closely to my views. That surely wouldn't by Hillary Clinton and that's for sure!
I don't know if you really feel the way about women as you posted or you are just trying to make the forum more interesting.
I feel if you truly feel that way that you are wrong, but that is your choice to make and live with.
I was kind of in "what's the point" mode.
Glorya

Social Circle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
We're circling our wagons!!!!!!!
You are so right on!
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts are the people in charge. That would be this Administration. If it all continues into the next administration for several years, then I would blame them. No rocket science.
Remember What President Truman said. "The buck stops here". How true it is.
thanks for the plug for harry,i think he is the most underrated prez. ever.y'know I love triva,did you know that he was the last prez that did not have a college education.also,do you know what the "s" in harry s. Truman stands for?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for the plug for harry,i think he is the most underrated prez. ever.y'know I love triva,did you know that he was the last prez that did not have a college education.also,do you know what the "s" in harry s. Truman stands for?
I don't think it stands for anything, just the letter. Or there may have been something about two grandfathers whose names both started with "S".
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it stands for anything, just the letter. Or there may have been something about two grandfathers whose names both started with "S".
correct,it stands for nothing(except the letter s )apparently,in the era when he was born,it was sorta common to just use a letter for a middle name.suprised a republican would know that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>correct,it stands for nothing(except the letter s )apparently,in the era when he was born,it was sorta common to just use a letter for a middle name.suprised a republican would know that.
Oh, there were definitely things about Truman I admire. Probably my favorite was completely unpolitical. I don't remember details, but something about his daughter performing somewhere and a newspaper critic wrote something very unflattering about the performance and Truman went off and basically threatened the guy. Mature, no. Unpresidential, yes. But I like the papa bear protecting his baby girl attitude personally.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, there were definitely things about Truman I admire. Probably my favorite was completely unpolitical. I don't remember details, but something about his daughter performing somewhere and a newspaper critic wrote something very unflattering about the performance and Truman went off and basically threatened the guy. Mature, no. Unpresidential, yes. But I like the papa bear protecting his baby girl attitude personally.
yes,and let's not forget that he the guts to fire douglas macauther before the Korean war was over.i think that history has proven this was the rightc decision,even though it was very unpopular at the time.gen. mac showed a total lack of respect for his commander-in-chief and was planning to use nukes against china.God only knows what this could have led to.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>as for the last 4 plus yrs.-that may be true.but this bleeding and draining did not start with the current admin.

I didn't say or imply that it did. But it is being carried on just as it was. It is wrong and dangerous to our country.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for the plug for harry,i think he is the most underrated prez. ever.y'know I love triva,did you know that he was the last prez that did not have a college education.also,do you know what the "s" in harry s. Truman stands for?
I will be honest and not look it up. I have no idea. You do know they called him, Go to Hell Harry. The old boy could cuss up a storm.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>yes,and let's not forget that he the guts to fire douglas macauther before the Korean war was over.i think that history has proven this was the rightc decision,even though it was very unpopular at the time.gen. mac showed a total lack of respect for his commander-in-chief and was planning to use nukes against china.God only knows what this could have led to.
I think one of the real problems was MacArthur got too big for his pants. Truman was Commander in Chief, and MacArthur was taking on the role as the Commander and Chief and was going to Attack China without Trumans approval. He was determined to attack China so Truman cut him loose for insubordination.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think one of the real problems was MacArthur got too big for his pants. Truman was Commander in Chief, and MacArthur was taking on the role as the Commander and Chief and was going to Attack China without Trumans approval. He was determined to attack China so Truman cut him loose for insubordination.
agree 100%
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> I will be honest and not look it up. I have no idea. You do know they called him, Go to Hell Harry. The old boy could cuss up a storm.
I thought it was "give them hell,harry",but we may both be right.

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I thought it was "give them hell,harry",but we may both be right.
You know what? Your right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He made the principled, but highly controversial decision to completely integrate the Armed Forces, with the Dixiecrats having a conniption fit. That took true leadership.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text> You know what? Your right.
I usually am :)

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I usually am :)
I don't know if you can go that far. You might be stretching it a little.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savannah Discussions

Search the Savannah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Racist Walmart Employees Unpunished after... (Jul '13) 11 hr ilearnfromblackracist 32
Looking for missing uncle. Jul 23 Adams 1
Presiding Bishop speaks at Christ Church Jul 21 Listen to the Word 1
Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10) Jul 21 anon 10
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Jul 21 H.Harrison 47
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Review: David M. Nelson MD (Feb '11) Jul 14 Char 81 45
•••
•••
•••
•••

Savannah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Savannah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE