Comments
4,341 - 4,360 of 49,601 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4762
Mar 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

news flash wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash for single minded, close minded conservatives like you.
The Republican Party is moving forward leaving people like you in the dust. It will take a while, but after the last Presidential election the writing is on the wall. You don't even matter to your own party, they give details of the big plan to get blacks & hispanics to replace you tomorrow..
http://news.msn.com/politics/rnc-chair-teases...
You are so clueless. At any rate, I think the republican party is finally figuring some things out. It needs the black and hispanic vote. Perhaps it will learn some of Obama's lies and tricks to win those votes. BTW, YOU have already been replaced by your party. Unless you are black or hispanic, you are going to be paying(probably already are) for those who have replaced you. lol The joke is on you. You libs are so incredibly dense.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4763
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points.
The shame is your are not just describing them - you are describing us.
"These evil governments use propaganda, bribery, extortion, and brutal force to accomplish their control over their own people. Some of the people believe in what the government does and others are afraid to say or do anything that would offend the evil government.
When the evil government say they are going to war there is little that the people may want, or can do to oppose it."
What an accurate description of America's government from 2000 to present.
We have lost the moral "high ground" or the right to criticize others. We enthusiastically became the very kind if government we claimed we were protecting ourselves from.
Question -
How many other nations have:
- invaded, occupied, and bombed other sovereign nations,(with both planes and drones);
and
- kidnapped, tortured, and assassinated citizens of other nations as well as its own citizens;
and
- maintained secret prisons on foreign lands, and openly maintained prisoners with no judicial oversight or approval, no trials, where they are occasionally secretly tortured and sometimes killed;
and
- wiretapped, spied on, and eavesdropped on its own citizens;
and
- diverted more of its funds to making war than the rest of the Planet Earth combined;
and
- diverted more funds to spying on other nations and its own citizens than the rest of the world combined.
Answer - only us.
The facts are clear.
We are the seen by many, if not most, other nations as the most dangerous, most aggressive, and the most militant nation on Earth for a reason. As far as the rest of the works is concerned, no other nation is likely to bomb, invade, and occupy them.
Here's a true conservative plan.
Cut the War Department budget by 50%, and use our military to protect America, not maintain and empire that serves no purpose,(at least as far as the average American is concerned).
We can use the 500 to 750 Billion Dollar a year savings to cut the deficit, reduce the debt, and rebuild America.
Boring to the max.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4764
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct in many of your observations. We do part company on some of your statements though.
The U.S. is seen as one of the most dangerous nations, but we are not alone as there are several others that could blow up the whole earth also if they wanted to.
With out a doubt we could cut or defense budget but by how much would be determined only by a real honest audit of the defense spending of what we really needed and didn't need to defend this country. We just can't throw a number out there and expect it to be the correct one. A 500 billion dollar cut might not be enough or 750 billion too much. I don't know and either does anyone. A actual hard core account of spending that would not affect our military readiness is needed.
As far as your charges that the U.S. is the only country that spies on it citizens,diverted more funds for spying on other nations, etc. is not actually true.
For one thing we don't really know how much money is being spent on these clandestine operations and how much is spent on Black op's.
For another thing countries such as Russia and even Israel spy on us. There is no telling how much money the Russians have spent over the years spying on the U.S., its own citizens, and its neighboring countries.
All the statements that we have spent more money on all these things is unprovable. You very well may be correct but not even the CBO knows.
As hideous as some of the acts that you describe the U.S. engaged in it may actually be necessary to engage in some of them or all of them to protect us as we sleep at night. Again I don't know and if you and I did know we probably couldn't sleep at night knowing some of the horrible things that some enemy nation or terrorist were planning to do to us and our loved ones. There is probably some abuses of these powers.
I agree with you that we should not be invading or over throwing countries for nation building.
Great posts.

Good points.

Sometimes it's a question of degrees.

Reasonable people can disagree reasonably as to how much is too much and how much hit enough.

I look forward to the day when the far left and the far right are marginalized and don't "run" the show as the unwitting dupes of those truly calling the shots.
Neurotic

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4765
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great posts.
Good points.
Sometimes it's a question of degrees.
Reasonable people can disagree reasonably as to how much is too much and how much hit enough.
I look forward to the day when the far left and the far right are marginalized and don't "run" the show as the unwitting dupes of those truly calling the shots.
Born of a delicate and overworked mother, and an impulsive, hard, imaginative father, who did not look with favor upon his coming into the world, Informed was from childhood a neurotic, one of the race of over-sensitive men that in later days in- dustrialism was to bring in such great numbers into the world.

Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4766
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Neurotic wrote:
<quoted text>Born of a delicate and overworked mother, and an impulsive, hard, imaginative father, who did not look with favor upon his coming into the world, Informed was from childhood a neurotic, one of the race of over-sensitive men that in later days in- dustrialism was to bring in such great numbers into the world.
Good for you.

Now that's imaginative.

I'm having lunch with my Dad and I'll share this with him - he'll enjoy it also.

I'm going to take a leap here, and assume you disagree with my post, but maybe not.
extinction

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4767
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so clueless. At any rate, I think the republican party is finally figuring some things out. It needs the black and hispanic vote. Perhaps it will learn some of Obama's lies and tricks to win those votes. BTW, YOU have already been replaced by your party. Unless you are black or hispanic, you are going to be paying(probably already are) for those who have replaced you. lol The joke is on you. You libs are so incredibly dense.
News update, add GAYS or what you would call "queers" to the list of minorities the Repubs are courting. That will leave you and a lot of your buddies wondering "whatís going on", itís called progress.

As for me being replaced in "my party", wrong again. My party is not a party, itís the best PERSON for the job I donít care what party they claim, never have. I am going to miss Saxby, he could be flexiable and today thats a real plus. You just keep your narrow minded ways and beliefs, time is on Americaís side.
Most like you are approaching extinction.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4768
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

extinction wrote:
<quoted text>
News update, add GAYS or what you would call "queers" to the list of minorities the Repubs are courting. That will leave you and a lot of your buddies wondering "whatís going on", itís called progress.
As for me being replaced in "my party", wrong again. My party is not a party, itís the best PERSON for the job I donít care what party they claim, never have. I am going to miss Saxby, he could be flexiable and today thats a real plus. You just keep your narrow minded ways and beliefs, time is on Americaís side.
Most like you are approaching extinction.
Here's a news flash for you. I'm not a homophobe. If you had been posting for any length of time, you would know that. I totally support the republican party courting the groups you mentioned. I'm not "old guard" as you state(in order to make yourself feel better and delusionally give your post...in YOUR mind.... more teeth??)
You are for the best person for the job????? What a laugh! You are a liberal to the core and that does not necessarily nor ALWAYS equate to the best person for the job. BUSTED.
Neurotic

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4769
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
Now that's imaginative.
I'm having lunch with my Dad and I'll share this with him - he'll enjoy it also.
I'm going to take a leap here, and assume you disagree with my post, but maybe not.
Leap away to the right or left, forward or backward. Makes no difference to neurotics. Tell Dad Hi, ask him if he's neurotic also.
Glorya

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4770
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Why are people so narrow minded as to say he/she "totally support" either party? For the life of me, I just don't get it. Why not be neutral, down the middle, or independent? Why not vote for the best candidate? Vote the MAN not the party. For someone to say they "totally" support either party shows you couldn't be an independent thinker if your life depended on it. It's not all black/white, rich/poor, educated/uneducated. For some to say, NO ONE has that much power over me....well, yeah they do. It's so obvious, I'm embarrassed for you.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4771
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Neurotic wrote:
<quoted text>Leap away to the right or left, forward or backward. Makes no difference to neurotics. Tell Dad Hi, ask him if he's neurotic also.
If you all are forming a club, I bet he'd join just for the entertainment possibilities.
Glorya

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4772
Mar 18, 2013
 
Oh, but tell me once more how'd we LOVE your life and how you help people. You sound scared to death...your insurance premiums are about to double, cost of meds triple, and tax loopholes & deductions will be no more. You sound more pissed off about other things, those than concern your wealth & lifestyle. Just sayin, it's really, really obvious.

I just don't think you really give a rat's ass about those who really suffer, in this country nor around the world.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4773
Mar 18, 2013
 
news flash wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash for single minded, close minded conservatives like you.
The Republican Party is moving forward leaving people like you in the dust. It will take a while, but after the last Presidential election the writing is on the wall. You don't even matter to your own party, they give details of the big plan to get blacks & hispanics to replace you tomorrow..
http://news.msn.com/politics/rnc-chair-teases...

I am looking forward to a new conservative party being formed that is for all Americans. I want it made up of open minded, fair thinking, strong principled Americans that put Americas people and the well being of this country first. There will be no more special groups of people that will get special privileges because of their sex, color, religion, or financial status. This country would no longer be divided into groups which is destroying this country.
Perhaps this is just a desperate wish on my part, as the politicians have a death grip on Americas throat. We must vote the bast**ds out and start over.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4774
Mar 18, 2013
 
Glorya wrote:
Oh, but tell me once more how'd we LOVE your life and how you help people. You sound scared to death...your insurance premiums are about to double, cost of meds triple, and tax loopholes & deductions will be no more. You sound more pissed off about other things, those than concern your wealth & lifestyle. Just sayin, it's really, really obvious.
I just don't think you really give a rat's ass about those who really suffer, in this country nor around the world.
Whom are you posting to?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4775
Mar 18, 2013
 
Glorya wrote:
Why are people so narrow minded as to say he/she "totally support" either party? For the life of me, I just don't get it. Why not be neutral, down the middle, or independent? Why not vote for the best candidate? Vote the MAN not the party. For someone to say they "totally" support either party shows you couldn't be an independent thinker if your life depended on it. It's not all black/white, rich/poor, educated/uneducated. For some to say, NO ONE has that much power over me....well, yeah they do. It's so obvious, I'm embarrassed for you.
Whom are you posting to?
Glorya

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4776
Mar 18, 2013
 
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am looking forward to a new conservative party being formed that is for all Americans. I want it made up of open minded, fair thinking, strong principled Americans that put Americas people and the well being of this country first. There will be no more special groups of people that will get special privileges because of their sex, color, religion, or financial status. This country would no longer be divided into groups which is destroying this country.
Perhaps this is just a desperate wish on my part, as the politicians have a death grip on Americas throat. We must vote the bast**ds out and start over.
It's not a desperate wish on your part. It's a sensible wish OF sensible patriots. It's the only way out. A divided nation and a split ticket have doomed this nation. Our nation rots away as so, so many "totally" support one of two tickets. Excellent post, Dave! Excellent! I agree, vote all those bast**ds out!
Glorya

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4777
Mar 18, 2013
 
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Whom are you posting to?
If you read all the previous posts and have half a memory, you wouldn't have to ask. To you, my dear.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4778
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Glorya wrote:
<quoted text> If you read all the previous posts and have half a memory, you wouldn't have to ask. To you, my dear.
You seriously need some kind of help. All of your crazy crap was settled quite a while back. You'd know that if YOU had half a memory. You need to go back and read and TRY to comprehend something other than YOUR BAD ATTITUDE. sheesh....my dear. Blech.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4779
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Glorya wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a desperate wish on your part. It's a sensible wish OF sensible patriots. It's the only way out. A divided nation and a split ticket have doomed this nation. Our nation rots away as so, so many "totally" support one of two tickets. Excellent post, Dave! Excellent! I agree, vote all those bast**ds out!
Just to point out how clueless you are....don't you think we've tried to vote the bas*ards out???? Don't you think we would have voted in at least one decent politician by now if your simplistic answer really worked??????
Glorya

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4780
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sinergy, you're NEVER wrong and I'm cluless as to how your husband and boyfriend tolerate you. Yes, dear. When, dear? How high did you say jump, dear?- I'm educated and I comprehend what I read, very well. I will NOT tolerate your arrogance and will NEVER agree with EVERYTHING you spit out. Unlike your husband and boyfriend.
Glorya

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4781
Mar 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No, WE haven't tried to vote the bas**rds out. People like you vote a straight ticket. You've made that crystal clear.
You stated, you are TOTALLY republican. So it's obvious we've had no help from you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savannah Discussions

Search the Savannah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for missing uncle. Wed Adams 1
Presiding Bishop speaks at Christ Church Jul 21 Listen to the Word 1
Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10) Jul 21 anon 10
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Jul 21 H.Harrison 47
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Review: David M. Nelson MD (Feb '11) Jul 14 Char 81 45
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Jul 13 Patty M 140
•••
•••
•••
•••

Savannah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Savannah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Savannah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Savannah
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••