ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

#44276 May 15, 2014
WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Thursday called for amending the U.S. Constitution to bar big money donors from having an outsized impact on the nation's elections, saying billionaire donors were mounting a "hostile takeover" of America.

"Amending our Constitution is not something any of us should take lightly, but the flood of special interest money in our American democracy is one of the glaring threats our system of government has ever faced," Reid said on the Senate floor. "Let's keep our elections from becoming speculative ventures for the wealthy."

The amendment, sponsored by Sens. Tom Udall (D-N.M.) and Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), would reverse the Supreme Court's 2010 Citizens United and 2014 McCutcheon rulings, as well as part of its 1976 Buckley v. Valeo ruling, and restore certain congressional authority to regulate the raising and spending of money, including that of super PACs.

The dramatic escalation of spending by independent political advocacy groups -- especially the network of outfits sponsored by the billionaire Koch brothers -- was the last straw for Reid, who has been railing against the Kansas oil magnates all year.

He cited them specifically in announcing his support for changing the constitution, noting they wrote in a memo they plan to spend at least $125 million on elections this year through their group Americans for Prosperity.

"This memo was sent to a select group, the ultra-rich, mega rich," said Reid. "The memo was entitled, quote,'Confidential investor update,' close quote. How fitting ... The Koch brothers' hostile takeover of the American electoral system, to call something an investor update. You see, these billionaires are dumping unseemly amounts of money into a shadowy political organization. Their donation is an investment in an America rigged to benefit themselves at the expense of the middle class."
rename

Cleveland, GA

#44277 May 15, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Was there a rebuttal of one fact in that load of word salad you just dumped? Nope, didn't think so.
He's # 1.....or .......2...... In the dummy line......
rename

Cleveland, GA

#44278 May 15, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>I've already proven you wrong, Idiot-Boy. Dozens and dozens of times. Your claim to the contrary is baseless, and mired in your inability to understand basic logic.

My post proved you wrong with facts dummy ....... Denial with bs is noted , and not facts dummy......

rename

Cleveland, GA

#44279 May 15, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, sources matter.

In this case, there is no source except "a document".

So, here's the lineage:

1. A "document".
2. Republican backed 501(c)s funding their agenda and creating "news" (propaganda).
3. The echo-chamber - Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Fox, right-wing crap websites.
4. Gullible old, hateful right-wing-whacko's.
5. Re-posting on this forum and others like it.
6. RWW's bounce it back and forth amongst themselves, and work themselves into a frenzy.
7. Right-wing-whackos vote against their best interests, and FOR the interests of the wealthy funders of the propaganda. Which is why millions of $'s are spend to delude you.
==========

Scenario - Your hubcap falls off your tire. You get the following information -

Source 1: Shade-tree mechanic says he'll put your hubcap on for free, but he says your transmission is shot, but he will HAPPILY make you deal to fix it for only $7000.00.

Source 2: Your best friend happens to be the engineer who designed that transmission. He knows it inside and out. He says "Not a damn thing wrong with it, that guys trying to rip you off".

Which source do you value more?

Source 1 is barely qualified and has a financial interest in getting you to believe him.

Source 2 is highly qualified, in fact the ultimate authority on the subject, and has no financial interest involved.

Sources matter.
==========
Let's play this game again!

Scenario: Carbon numbers are going up in our atmosphere.

Source 1: Oil and Gas companies. "It's not coming from oil and gas, it's just mother earth, and even if it did come from us, it's not hurting anything. yeah...that's the ticket- in fact, it's good for us..". "Anyway - whatever you do, don't get more energy efficient and devalue our multi-trillion dollar industry, ok?".

Source 2: Thousands of scientists from from all over the planet. "There is NO doubt in any of our minds that mankinds use of fossil fuels is causing this problem. We're feeling the effects of it right now. Sea levels will rise as a direct result, crops will fail and species will die." You can however do something about it. You should do something about it.

Which source do you value more?

Source 1: Businessmen wanting to make billions of dollars who have no scientific knowledge?

Source 2: The consensus of the best minds and most educated people mankind has ever produced in it's history, who have focused on this singular problem for decades, They have no financial interest in providing this information.

Hmm.. what would an educated intelligent person go with?

What a waste of topic space..... After the first couple of scenarios of dumb..... We are bombarded with others matching the stupid category.... By stupid himself.....
rename

Cleveland, GA

#44280 May 15, 2014
silverfox wrote:
They think it's sooo cute & funny to hijack IDs & post under multiple IDs. How kRaZy is that?? They're coming undone & it's not even 11am. Somebody get that popcorn ready, we need a bunch, it's early. Imma betting they'll throw in some double & triple axles, & a few more twizzles, too. ROTFL

Desperate dummies ... They see the Repubs in a red rolling tide in November.......

They're so scared ......they're beginning to smell....,
rename

Cleveland, GA

#44281 May 15, 2014
silverfox wrote:
How about the liberals STOP barking orders & making foolish demands. LOL

Thats just the dummy Buffy Bully .....

He's all bull...... In a legless chicken body......

rename

Cleveland, GA

#44282 May 15, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
Hey Rename:

About that fraudulent propaganda list of retailers closing stores - where EVEN AFTER I PROVED that it wasn't Obama's fault or due to the economy, you still insisted on trying to blame it on Obama? Remember that?

Here's further proof:

`Sears has been on a downward spiral almost since the day it merged with Kmart in 2005.
` "closing stores are going to be part of our future. The world has shifted." A company spokesman did not dispute that quote.
`Sears was once the nation's largest retailer and biggest employer. The iconic company reshaped shopping in the United States with both its catalogs and its massive department stores. But the Kmart merger has been a disaster from the start
`Analysts say Sears is suffering from a lack of investment in its stores; it's investing very little in its retail space compared to competitors.
`Today it's losing out to competitors from Home Depot (HD, Fortune 500) and Wal-Mart Stores (WMT, Fortune 500), to Target (TGT, Fortune 500) and Amazon (AMZN, Fortune 500).

Not one word in the whole CNN Money article about it being due to the economy or Obama's fault.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/15/news/companie...

You right-wing-whacko's really need to stop slurping that right-wing propaganda and try to get a grip on reality.

It's Obama fault , and your fault dummy...... You voted for that legless turkey twice.....

rename

Cleveland, GA

#44283 May 15, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my goodness, have I really? Oh, please point out some of the facts I have "bent" into lies.
Hey, "rename", they figured out we're on the same side. Was this supposed to be a shocker?

Well ,,,, they are stupid..... And stupid takes a long time to add 2 plus 2 to come up with 5........

rename

Cleveland, GA

#44284 May 15, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>All that verbiage and not one mention of the post where the ICE spokesman AND Jay Carney acknowledge the truth of the report. Facts are facts.

You mis-spelled Garbage.......

rename

Cleveland, GA

#44285 May 15, 2014
ParticipationTrophy wrote:
<quoted text>That's right. Facts are facts - and we don't have any in this case.

Jay Carney discussing this issue yesterday:

Q One last topic. Can you address this report by the Center for Immigration Studies that claims that more than 36,000 illegal aliens who were criminals and were being processed for deportation were released by the administration? This report is claiming some of them were violent offenders; 200 of them had homicide convictions, close to 500 had sexual assault convictions.

MR. CARNEY: I haven’t seen the study or heard of it, Ed, so I’ll take the question. I think that our record on making sure that enforcement is focused on those who have committed crimes, felonies, is one that we’ve discussed quite a lot as it relates to deportations. But in terms of that specific document or study, I haven’t seen it so I don’t have a reaction.

Here are the word-for-word transcripts of the briefing.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/20...

He hasn't seen that study or heard of it. That doesn't sound like him acknowledging anything.

There's no name for this study, no copies of it, no indication that it exists.

I stand by my post.

How dummy???? You got no legs.....

Sick Man Freud

Blairsville, GA

#44286 May 15, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing coming from YOU.
(Your fellow libroids are going to come after you for not being politically correct. Actually, it just PROVES your innate ignorance.)
I'll ask them not make fun of a retard like you too.
rename

Cleveland, GA

#44287 May 15, 2014
ParticipationTrophy wrote:
Also Aggie,

Regarding ICE spokesman Gonzales responding.

That is only reported on Breitbart, other right-wing websites. No mention of it in any "REAL" news outlet, anywhere.

Her response is supposedly from an email, but it doesn't say from when to who, or show a full transcript of it. It could be ANYTHING from anytime, or it could be nothing - just made-up garbage that right-wingers pulled out of thin air.

So, we have a "document" and an "email" neither of which show any indications of being real.

Is that good reporting? It almost sounds like these right-wing echo-chamber sites aren't actually real news sites at all! Imagine that!

Example of real news outlet .....

I'm watching the CBS evening news as I post........

Excerpts from Obama speech at the World Trade Center memorial today......

Obama speaks...CBS plays religious choir singing between each break between Obamas excerpts....

Image being Obama is a God......

Sickening,,, to say the least.....

This is the so-called main stream news......

Sick Man Freud

Blairsville, GA

#44288 May 15, 2014
rename wrote:
<quoted text>
How dummy???? You got no legs.....
Nearly ten posts in a row. You're talking to yourself again. The nurse must have not given you your medicine today.
rename

Cleveland, GA

#44289 May 15, 2014
chicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>You must mean the "lies" that a global consensus of climate scientists agrees with. The "lie" that we're currently experiencing effects from. The "lie" that the Inter-Governmental Panel on Climate Change just released a report on a earlier this month?

That "lie" that can't be disproved by any reputable source anywhere?

Aggie23 wrote, "<quoted text>
You're welcome for my NOT voting for a disgusting opportunist who lied about and maligned the integrity of US soldiers in not one, but two wars. "

Kerry had this to say: Kerry told reporters in Seattle, Washington, that the remark was a "botched joke" meant to target the president, not U.S. troops.

And it appears that's true. So the man bungled a few words.

The guy you voted for? Did HE ever bungle a few words?

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"I'm the commander -- see, I don't need to explain -- I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president." --as quoted in Bob Woodward's Bush at War

I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." --Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

"They misunderestimated me." --Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000

I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees." --on "Good Morning America," Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from experts about the scope of damage expected from Hurricane Katrina

Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." --discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson in 2003, as quoted by Robertson

==========

I think he vet's understood what Kerry was going for. A lot more than they understood what the hell we were doing in Iraq in the first place. A lot more than they understood how Bush screwed them on benefits and pay. I think they understood Kerry's mangled attempt at a Bush insult a lot more than the understood why Bush sent them to a land jam-packed with IUD's and no armor on their vehicles.

What do you think?

Sure, the vets knew Kerry is a dummy....
As we know your a dummy....

That's why he lost in 2004.....and that's why you lose on topix.....

rename

Cleveland, GA

#44290 May 15, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>CB EXCUSES = A+
You must have gotten a PHD from Obama's School of Excuses. Perhaps you should apply for Jay Carney's job. He is probably reaching the end of his list of excuses.
Has Guam tipped over, yet? I want to hear your excuse again.

Let's not forget 57 states .......

rename

Cleveland, GA

#44291 May 15, 2014
ChicknButt wrote:
WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Thursday called for amending the U.S. Constitution to bar big money donors from having an outsized impact on the nation's elections, saying billionaire donors were mounting a "hostile takeover" of America.

"Amending our Constitution is not something any of us should take lightly, but the flood of special interest money in our American democracy is one of the glaring threats our system of government has ever faced," Reid said on the Senate floor. "Let's keep our elections from becoming speculative ventures for the wealthy."

The amendment, sponsored by Sens. Tom Udall (D-N.M.) and Michael Bennet (D-Colo.), would reverse the Supreme Court's 2010 Citizens United and 2014 McCutcheon rulings, as well as part of its 1976 Buckley v. Valeo ruling, and restore certain congressional authority to regulate the raising and spending of money, including that of super PACs.

The dramatic escalation of spending by independent political advocacy groups -- especially the network of outfits sponsored by the billionaire Koch brothers -- was the last straw for Reid, who has been railing against the Kansas oil magnates all year.

He cited them specifically in announcing his support for changing the constitution, noting they wrote in a memo they plan to spend at least $125 million on elections this year through their group Americans for Prosperity.

"This memo was sent to a select group, the ultra-rich, mega rich," said Reid. "The memo was entitled, quote,'Confidential investor update,' close quote. How fitting ... The Koch brothers' hostile takeover of the American electoral system, to call something an investor update. You see, these billionaires are dumping unseemly amounts of money into a shadowy political organization. Their donation is an investment in an America rigged to benefit themselves at the expense of the middle class."

Election year posturing dummy....

Ain't gonna help the dummies this fall...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#44292 May 15, 2014
chicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to wait any more. Just go back a bit - I think I've posted links a couple dozen times over the last few months. You've seen them...you know you have...
<quoted text>
Aggie - quit making me question your intelligence. Once somebody has facts, it gets peer reviewed, journal reviewed. The whole scientific method is based on scientists trying to :legitimately disprove something that somebody else believes to be fact.. When that can no longer happen and a consensus is achieved, you can pretty dang well bet on it being 99.99% accurate.
You were taught about the scientific method, right? This isn't your first time being exposed to that information?
You're just being huffy because what you wish were true, just plain isn't, and you know there's no reasonable justification for believing your corporate propaganda masters any longer.
Oh, but since you quote them so readily I know you wouldn't mind posting that link ONE MORE TIME, unless of course you have realized those numbers are completely false. I do understand why you wouldn't want to in that case. So sorry to embarrass you on a public forum and all.

But there's the rub, there has been NO consensus reached - except among those whose conclusions were pre-written. You might want to post that link here, but then again, you probably don't, as explained in the prior paragraph.
rename

Cleveland, GA

#44293 May 15, 2014

so let's see how the climate supporters work their sorry trade..........

Andre Lofthus says.........

"The science of anthropogenic global warming is settled, and has been for decades. Just not the way the AGW alarmists would have you believe. Increased amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere cannot be the cause of global warming, if global warming even exists."

http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/04/global...

From Junkscience.....a libroid website that slams anyone who does not adher to climate change..........

Roy Spencer says..........

"I have serious reservations about climate models, but people like this writer of the American Thinker article are barking up the wrong tree. Unfortunately, they sound like experts, and they persuade a lot of people. I then have to spend a lot of my time trying to undo the damage."

Sound familiar ?????

http://junkscience.com/2014/04/24/roy-spencer...

So skepticalScience , another libroid website that slams anyone who does not adher to climate science,,,,,,,,,says this about Roy Spencer......

"Climate Misinformer: Roy Spencer."

"Dr. Spencer suggests that global warming is mostly due to natural internal variability, and that the climate system is quite insensitive to humanitys greenhouse gas emissions."

But we prove his points are myths.......

http://www.skepticalscience.com/skeptic_Roy_S...

So we have one scientist say something..........and another scientist on a different websites, says "whoa there charley, you are entirely wrong"..........

and the website hackey says ":oh boy, I got them that time..........slammed them deniers good"..........

along comes another website hacky and says..."your man is wrong, I can prove it by posting a lot of bs"..........

Both websites are hackys for the libroids..........just cant get straight who is for and who is against climate Chaos..........

Both of the dummies are agnostic........maybe he is.....no, maybe he is not..........
you are wrong....no, I am wrong........

you are right..........no, I am right..........

WasBushStupid

United States

#44294 May 15, 2014
Al Gore wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist much?
Yes, you are right. I apologize to the cow.
WhoDat

United States

#44295 May 15, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
My, oh, my. This is really nice. Perhaps you should call her the female version of Uncle Tom. You have just HONESTLY revealed the hypocrite liberal mindset. Thank you so much. You see, the conservatives already know how liberals feel about blacks who don't march lock step behind the democrat party. And to THINK that a black person doesn't support your MASTER, Obama. Well! Bring out the tar and feathers. How DARE she?.
You liberals are the most loathsome group of hypocrites. Where is THAT TOLERANCE? It's nonexistent. Those of us with a brain know what phonies you all are. UGH.
Who are you calling liberal. Follow my posts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it bad my gf has slept with 80-90 men before... (Sep '13) 23 hr AWG 35
Dinner & Ghost Hunt with Syfy Channel's Ghost H... Sat chadmorin 1
Jonathan K. Graham has been cheating on his soo... Fri truth hurts 1
Strong business, government ties link Israel, S... Dec 15 all life matters 1
A1981female high school teacher, her husband wa... Dec 14 because 1
Couple looking for party friendly women for fun Dec 10 Bre-and-pat 1
Review: J C Penney Salon (Sep '11) Dec 8 mel 4
Savannah Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web