Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Savannah Forum

Comments (Page 197)

Showing posts 3,921 - 3,940 of47,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Nevermind. Ya'll go ahead and fight amoungst yourself. I'll let you have it. Bye.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
Theodore Roosevelt was a Republican and labeled himself as a progressive. He didn't care what congress said. He did what he thought was best for this country. He took down the trusts that were monopolizing the country. Yet he is looked upon as one of the greatest presidents ever to many. If he lived today as the president; people would call him a tyrant. They would try and block him in every way they could just like they did then. Only difference is he had balls and didn't care what the rich had to say. He was the boss end of story. I'm waiting for Obama to stand up against this stupidity. To take executive action and step over congress and do what's best for this country. He has the power and the majority of the popular vote on his side. What else does he need? I have faith that he will hold true to his promise for change. I think as Americans Citizens we should unite and allow our President to be great. To quit thinking we know more than him and support him. If we don't we are headed for another war between the states. Instead of progressing we are degressing. There has to be some middle ground for us to be indivisable. I know alot of you will say something stupid to try and insult me, but I don't give a sh*t. If you talk to God regular whether you go to church or not. Then you know what's right. I'm not a good christian, but I was raised right. I'll pray for all of us. You should do the same.
I think you might rethink the things that you just wrote. You are saying that you would support and follow a man, a dictator, and a tyrant to the end of the earth if he were Barack Obama. Do anything that he asked of you.
I must state again that Obama is just a man with the same desires, weakness's,and the ability to be evil just as any other mortal man. Actually the only man that I could trust and have that much faith in to follow him to the end of the earth is, Gods only son, Jesus Christ. Is Obama your Savior? Just a thought.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>no,i am not sayin' that he never had or attemped to have wmd. but,since when did 'mustard gas' qualify as a wmd? saddam was a sadistic mass murderer.but unlike the muslim brotherhood,for example,he was a secular ruler. remember tariq azziz(?),saddams' most trusted minister was a christian. i am just questioning the wisdom of U.S. military intervention of every corrupt ten-buck dictator in the world,that is all.
Guess u don't know much about WMD. I can guaran-damn-tee the Marines considered it a WMD and planned accordingly. Can't disagree about ur last statement.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
I wasn't talking to you Raven. Although them passages you posted were from the old testament. Before we had Jesus to wash away our sins. I don't think anyone with good morals and with some raising. Would be for gay marriages. It's a disease they are born with so I don't hate them. They just make me sick. It will never be accepted in south Ga. Queers don't even walk around holding hands around here. If I see one even holding hands. I'll go to jail for assault and be happy while I sit there.
Still the tuff guy eh? What is it any bidness of urs if they hold hands? It bothers u? So f'in what?
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess u don't know much about WMD. I can guaran-damn-tee the Marines considered it a WMD and planned accordingly. Can't disagree about ur last statement.
maybe i don't know so much about wmd. but i know someone else that does'nt know so much about warfare,either. if you could talk to some of the old troopers that fought in the trenches at places like 'passiondale',they would probably tell you that a 50. cal maxim machine gun was a wmd - but does that put it in the same category as an atomic bomb?
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Wheeler wrote:
<quoted text>but wait

does that include our newest envoy to North Korea, Dennis Rodman?

little Kim wants to keep him
Let's hope Rodman wants to stay, although I think he'll want to leave his dresses back home.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Wheeler wrote:
<quoted text>ok I searched for "Bin Laden and the Bush Family" and all tat came up was "That OMTE is one helluva jackass".
Odd this was easy to find.

The Denver Post:

... the U.S. let Osama bin Laden get away.

Was this because of President George Bush's close ties to the bin Laden family?

In 1978, Bush and Osama bin Laden's brother, Salem bin Laden, founded Arbusto Energy, an oil company based in Texas.

Several bin Laden family members invested millions in The Carlyle Group, a private global equity firm based in Washington, DC. The company's senior advisor was Bush's father, former President George H.W. Bush. After news of the bin Laden-Bush connection became public, the elder Bush stepped down from Carlyle.

Interestingly, on Sept. 11, 2001, members of the Carlyle Group - including Bush senior, and his former secretary of state, James Baker - were meeting at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington, D.C., along with Shafiq bin Laden, another one of Osama bin Laden's brothers.

While all flights were halted following the terrorist attacks, there was one exception made: The White House authorized planes to pick up 140 Saudi nationals, including 24 members of the bin Laden family, living in various cities in the U.S. to bring them back to Saudi Arabia, where they would be safe. They were never interrogated.

Five years later, and we're still asking questions. We may have lost our innocence but we're also losing, thankfully, our ignorance.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

this is sorta funny to me.with so many folks ltao,there are a whole bunch o people walkin' round 'assless'.
Wheeler

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Denver Post:
In 1978, Bush and Osama bin Laden's brother, Salem bin Laden, founded Arbusto Energy, an oil company based in Texas.
Several bin Laden family members invested millions in The Carlyle Group, a private global equity firm based in Washington, DC. The company's senior advisor was Bush's father, former President George H.W. Bush. After news of the bin Laden-Bush connection became public, the elder Bush stepped down from Carlyle.
Interestingly, on Sept. 11, 2001, members of the Carlyle Group - including Bush senior, and his former secretary of state, James Baker - were meeting at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Washington, D.C., along with Shafiq bin Laden, another one of Osama bin Laden's brothers.
While all flights were halted following the terrorist attacks, there was one exception made: The White House authorized planes to pick up 140 Saudi nationals, including 24 members of the bin Laden family, living in various cities in the U.S. to bring them back to Saudi Arabia, where they would be safe. They were never interrogated.
Five years later, and we're still asking questions. We may have lost our innocence but we're also losing, thankfully, our ignorance.
You got me there

if the Denver Post says it then it must be true right?

afterall our country is overflowing with journalistic excellence
Wheeler

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
this is sorta funny to me.with so many folks ltao,there are a whole bunch o people walkin' round 'assless'.
it would be funny were it physically possible

if a person was assless their legs would fall off so there would be no walking around
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me axe u a couple questions.
R u saying Saddam didn't have WMD? If ur sayin' yes, what about the mustard gas used to kill kurds? If ur saying no, then what be the problem? Is it possible we didn't find it becuz it got moved to another country?
a little more about saddam and this whole 'gloom and doom' U.S. is done,our dollar is worthless stuff. when the army caught him, what currency did he have? half a mill is u.s. dollars. not euros,not yen,rubles,or pesos.maybe we are not in as bad shape as some would lead us to believe.
becker

Austell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

My conservative history professor always told us to run away from conspiracy theorists, as fast as we could. So Jeb, I don't LMAO....I run mine off. That's about all these men discuss.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

becker wrote:
My conservative history professor always told us to run away from conspiracy theorists, as fast as we could. So Jeb, I don't LMAO....I run mine off. That's about all these men discuss.
thanks,pal
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

becker wrote:
is riverdale your real location,if so,do you ever remember a basketball coach named podskoc?
becker

Austell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Never knew any coaches.
so kind

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

becker wrote:
Hugo Chavez is terminally ill and near death. Who do you think the State Dept. will send to attend the funeral? Will the world be watching?
Hugo keeps the price at the pump at his stations low just to show Americans what a great guy he is. Maybe the next guy won't be so kind.
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
I'd have to say. I think next to Lincoln; TR was our greatest president ever. What happen to the Republican party? Both of them were republicans. Yet the republican party politians of today seem the exact opposite as they were. It seems they are lost and money has ruined them. Ya'll can have the money; I'd rather keep my soul.
It used be called "Noblesse Oblige"

no·blesse oblige
Pronunciation:\nō-ˈbles-ə- blēzh\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, literally, nobility obligates
Date: 1837
: the obligation of honorable, generous, and responsible behavior associated with high rank or birth

Those to which much was given - much was expected.

Under Bush Sr.:
- when we needed to raise taxes - he raised taxes - even though he knew it would cause him great political pain;

- when he defeated Iraq in Kuwait - he refused to invade Iraq, even though his oil company buddies demanded it - because he knew it would bankrupt the country and unnecessarily kill thousands of American troops in the occupation;

As a young man, he volunteered for the military, and risked death in the war zone, be cause he understood duty to country - not the selfish cowardice of the new Right Wing.

I imagine the Old Man wants to slap his useless boy silly - but family loyalty reigns supreme.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
The Denver Post:
I remember seeing this and just thought I would add this to the mix.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/20...
Wheeler

Jefferson, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
It used be called "Noblesse Oblige"
no·blesse oblige
Pronunciation:\nō-ˈbles-ə- blēzh\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, literally, nobility obligates
Date: 1837
: the obligation of honorable, generous, and responsible behavior associated with high rank or birth
Those to which much was given - much was expected.
Under Bush Sr.:
- when we needed to raise taxes - he raised taxes - even though he knew it would cause him great political pain;
- when he defeated Iraq in Kuwait - he refused to invade Iraq, even though his oil company buddies demanded it - because he knew it would bankrupt the country and unnecessarily kill thousands of American troops in the occupation;
As a young man, he volunteered for the military, and risked death in the war zone, be cause he understood duty to country - not the selfish cowardice of the new Right Wing.
I imagine the Old Man wants to slap his useless boy silly - but family loyalty reigns supreme.
the "old man" (Bush Sr) would really enjoy slapping the totally worthless boy currently the "acting" President and there wouldnt be any family loyalty holding him back

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Wheeler wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me there
if the Denver Post says it then it must be true right?
afterall our country is overflowing with journalistic excellence
True.

I posted a link to a 60 Minutes program that reported that Clinton let Bin Laden go first. Of course, we all knew that already.....well, except for the liberals. It's ALL about Bush with them. Bless their hearts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,921 - 3,940 of47,391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savannah Discussions

Search the Savannah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Edna Jackson for your reading pleasure 5 hr Anon 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 12 hr Paris 2,036
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Jul 5 randiB_needsHelpBadly 45
Savannah Georgia Jul 3 Sam Curnutte 1
Review: Savannah Rheumatology Assoc - John J Mo... (Apr '10) Jul 1 Gina 8
$15,000 in reward money offered for info in Thu... Jun 28 you know 1
Savannah GA Family friendly? (May '11) Jun 25 Disgusted 35
•••
•••
•••
•••

Savannah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000