OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3690 Feb 20, 2013
I guess they're mad and don't want to play anymore. IO tell me should I start prepping.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3691 Feb 20, 2013
soros wrote:
Now, IO is back!!! It's about time.
Why, thanks.

Stuck home "under the weather", but have been having entertaining myself far too excessively on other threads.

I've avoided many "issues" because I don't have the background or knowledge to comment on them. For instance, all I know about survivalists comes from going to gun shows and watching "Doomsday Preppers" on TV.

But it's been entertaining to read and thanks to those who are posting.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3692 Feb 20, 2013
I don't think that crow is a very good "merican". HAHA.
Informed Opinion

Lehigh Acres, FL

#3693 Feb 20, 2013
OMTE wrote:
I guess they're mad and don't want to play anymore. IO tell me should I start prepping.
I'm a poor source of advice in that regard;

I believe the first things to go will be;
- Makers Mark 46,
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream,
- French Toast, and
- Monte Cristo cigars.

Since I can't figure out how to manufacture those basics of life after the global cataclysm, I'd personally just as soon not fight to continue on without them.

But, if you can find value in life without those very basics, I encourage you to rally on, don't surrender, never say die, you've only begun to fight, etc., etc, etc.

Perhaps we can reschedule the Brasstown Valley Annual Economic Summit to include a presentation such as:
- "5.56, 7.62, or 20 Gauge After The Cataclysm - You Decide" , or
- "MREs or Home Cooked- What to Eat While Hunting Zombies",
to help you reach your decision.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3694 Feb 20, 2013
I don't care who you are that's funny. My eyes are pure watering.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3696 Feb 20, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, that's a Right Wing statement even you don't believe.
Either something is true, or it's not.
We Progressives know can't pick and chose what is true - but we can chose what particular truth or fact we believe is relevant or complete.
Anyway, you're a bright person.
Please check out the link posted to the NYTimes Investigative Report on junk food marketing.
I'm betting you find it fascinating.
That's right. You CAN choose what you wish to believe is true. That is why I stated that it is YOUR truth. Seriously, Biden is basically for entertainment on some issues. This is one of them. Perhaps someone standing on a balcony and firing a shotgun will scare unarmed criminals away, but probably not someone who is armed and desperate. Instead of telling American citizens which firearms they are allowed to have, why not go after the court system about letting career criminals out to do harm again? How about enforcing the laws we already have? Honestly, how many more laws are we going to have until we are stripped of all freedom to make choices?. You libs can laugh about the conservative's reaction to gun control, but do you HONESTLY think criminals won't be able to get the firearms they want? How is THAT helping the law abiding citizens?

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#3697 Feb 20, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
OMTE
Fitzgerald, GA
You say how you can control anybody on here like a dog...
It doesn't take long for you to get full of it again does it? Study on Pavlov's dog... Maybe there's somebody in your town that can explain it to you. Your statement proves beyond any doubt how ignorant you really are, and it does so better than I could ever hope to do. But, ignorance and stupidity, while closely related, are a little bit different. But you just keep on posting and I'll probably be able to justify calling you stupid before too much longer.
Well it's not that Pavlov was controlling his dog. That's not it at all. It's about a technical term that's so far beyond a farm hand like you - a 'conditioned response'.
Conditioning and controlling are two very different things.
People like you, and so many like you, are already so conditioned by your biases and prejudices that... Well there is no point to even attempt to explain it to a farm hand like you. There's no telling what kind of BS you'll come up with from ever trying to think about it.
Everything I ever put up here YOU ALREADY KNOW! > ROFLMAO!
More than half the things you give me credit for I never put up at all. It's just your crazy interpretation of it, in your mind.
You're probably the biggest clown I have ever seen in any forum anywhere. So you just hang around and keep posting.
I'm probably just getting started here with you. If the other people at TOPIX don't mind, it's fine with me too.
You are a glutton for punishment. I must give you credit for that.
But try that again. Wrong answer, by far, the first time... Maybe some other folks here will help you with the answer. Maybe soros can help to clue you in. What the hell are they here for?
I may jab with some of these more intelligent life forms over here for now, but I'll try to come back to your blather eventually.
I have been reading your post and threads for awhile. They have been a mixture of fun, intelligence, and many factual things. The problem is many of the people that read and respond to this forum don't want truth and facts and either refuse to see what is happening right under their noses, or they are covering for their great leader, President Obama. Trying to educate them is a complete waste of time.
I have already original posted about the government buying up all the ammo twice to no avail. People don't want to hear anything that might be unpleasant or anything that disturbs their current political beliefs. Good luck on your efforts though.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3698 Feb 20, 2013
@Synergy
I see Biden in action and think about all the fun the media would have - IF he were Republican.(Just as if any Republican had pronounced "corps" like "corpse" - not once, but over and over and over - but it's Obama, so ....silence.
Dead horse, I realize, but sometimes you just have to kick the poor thing.

I like an internet meme I saw that said "So gun control will prevent more shootings...tell me more about how criminals obey laws."
-----
Regarding "preppers" - seems only intelligent to be prepared given the current state of affairs. I'm not to the head-for-the-hills stage, but it only seems prudent to be stocking up on non-perishables, water, ammo, batteries, cash and coin and barterable items. Hope for the best while planning for the worst isn't acting like Chicken Little, it's acting like those who want to be able to care for themselves and loved ones in times of emergency.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3699 Feb 20, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
@Synergy
I see Biden in action and think about all the fun the media would have - IF he were Republican.(Just as if any Republican had pronounced "corps" like "corpse" - not once, but over and over and over - but it's Obama, so ....silence.
Dead horse, I realize, but sometimes you just have to kick the poor thing.
I like an internet meme I saw that said "So gun control will prevent more shootings...tell me more about how criminals obey laws."
-----
Regarding "preppers" - seems only intelligent to be prepared given the current state of affairs. I'm not to the head-for-the-hills stage, but it only seems prudent to be stocking up on non-perishables, water, ammo, batteries, cash and coin and barterable items. Hope for the best while planning for the worst isn't acting like Chicken Little, it's acting like those who want to be able to care for themselves and loved ones in times of emergency.
Excellent post!+++++1

Douglasville, GA

#3700 Feb 20, 2013
I have been reading how many of you are preparing for the great economic collapse. There is nothing wrong with being prepared for a bad storm or and extended power outage. Having extra drinking water,batteries, radio, and some food is essential.
I think it is time to get real. If you live in any housing development or in a city and there is a total economic collapse these things will probably be little use to you. You can have guns and ammo but trying to defend your home from roaming gangs of armed thugs or small armies of hungry people will be difficult if not impossible. You will be out numbered and out gunned and unable to have an actual defendable position covering all areas of your home. Bullets will go through your home like it is made of swiss cheese. The only way to survive would be to get with like minded neighbors and actually build you an area that you can defend with others.
The best bet would be to get out of Dodge and hide somewhere in an isolated spot in the mountains.
All this talk of fighting the hoards off, is mostly bull in my opinion. They will swarm over you taking your food, and your weapons which they will use on the people in the house next door. Talk is cheap and not actually facing reality will surely get you killed. I think going to an isolated location with some heavily armed trusted friends and family is the best option.
SurprisedChickn

Douglasville, GA

#3701 Feb 20, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
I have been reading how many of you are preparing for the great economic collapse. There is nothing wrong with being prepared for a bad storm or and extended power outage. Having extra drinking water,batteries, radio, and some food is essential.
I think it is time to get real. If you live in any housing development or in a city and there is a total economic collapse these things will probably be little use to you. You can have guns and ammo but trying to defend your home from roaming gangs of armed thugs or small armies of hungry people will be difficult if not impossible. You will be out numbered and out gunned and unable to have an actual defendable position covering all areas of your home. Bullets will go through your home like it is made of swiss cheese. The only way to survive would be to get with like minded neighbors and actually build you an area that you can defend with others.
The best bet would be to get out of Dodge and hide somewhere in an isolated spot in the mountains.
All this talk of fighting the hoards off, is mostly bull in my opinion. They will swarm over you taking your food, and your weapons which they will use on the people in the house next door. Talk is cheap and not actually facing reality will surely get you killed. I think going to an isolated location with some heavily armed trusted friends and family is the best option.
I can't believe it. I actually agreed with almost everything you said. The only exception is that it is going to be very difficult to move around and get to that isolated location safely, unless the problem is zombies.

Douglasville, GA

#3702 Feb 20, 2013
SurprisedChickn wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe it. I actually agreed with almost everything you said. The only exception is that it is going to be very difficult to move around and get to that isolated location safely, unless the problem is zombies.
You will have to move quickly taking everything that you need with you that will go into several vehicles. Fill up the fuel and several extra gas cans if you can. It may be that you won't be able to get fuel and that is why I always keep my vehicles at least half full with an extra 5 gallons in my storage house.
I would think that you would have at least 24 to 48 hours before all the problems really start as it takes most people awhile to realize that they have a real problem. By then you should be well on your way to hopeful safety or already there.
Still no guarantees that you won't be attacked. In that case you will have to fight to the death to survive. Best to keep hidden as long as possible. Don't be a hero as this will be real war and it is not a movie. Be smart and be tough, you just might survive.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3703 Feb 20, 2013
SurprisedChickn wrote:
<quoted text>
no 1 can believe u had a civilized post!
Fools on board

Blairsville, GA

#3706 Feb 21, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Aggie23
Cartersville GA
I see Biden in action and think about all the fun the media would have - IF he were Republican.
Yes. And it just speaks to the fact about the very extreme and epic liberal bias of the MSM. With this being the case they are so easily handled, managed, and manipulated by the White House, the illuminati, the power elite, or just depending on the need or the situation as it may apply at any particular time. Joseph Goebbels would look on with envy. There is never any real so-called 'straight talk'. Where is the real 'no spin' zone? Fair and balanced? To even suggest such things are the reality is beyond laughable. And even on the political right they are often so rabid that the benefits of the truths of their positions are often lost. The conservative fellow, Glen Beck, talks of having an open conversation with God - on an almost daily basis, so even when he is correct on something political it has to still be true that he's a nut case. The shrill tone of the media on the left and the right makes it hard to take.
[Note a typo corrected here -- from the previous post]
<< Well* there's quite a bit to work with there just in that sentence. >>
It's probably good to post here when the banshees, numbskulls, chawbacons, and bumpkins are dozing.
I may come back and clock a few of them later.
Chawbacon types please note:{to 'clock'}
vb
1.(tr) British slang, to strike, especially on the face or head
'Clock' him Raven, is your request? All in due time I assure you.
brag·gart
/&#712;brag&#601;rt/
Noun
A person who boasts about achievements or possessions.
Synonyms
boaster - blusterer - swaggerer - bouncer
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#3707 Feb 21, 2013
The White Raven wrote:
Aggie23

Cartersville GA

I see Biden in action and think about all the fun the media would have - IF he were Republican.

Yes. And it just speaks to the fact about the very extreme and epic liberal bias of the MSM. With this being the case they are so easily handled, managed, and manipulated by the White House, the illuminati, the power elite, or just depending on the need or the situation as it may apply at any particular time. Joseph Goebbels would look on with envy. There is never any real so-called 'straight talk'. Where is the real 'no spin' zone? Fair and balanced? To even suggest such things are the reality is beyond laughable. And even on the political right they are often so rabid that the benefits of the truths of their positions are often lost. The conservative fellow, Glen Beck, talks of having an open conversation with God - on an almost daily basis, so even when he is correct on something political it has to still be true that he's a nut case. The shrill tone of the media on the left and the right makes it hard to take.

[Note a typo corrected here -- from the previous post]

<< Well* there's quite a bit to work with there just in that sentence. >>

It's probably good to post here when the banshees, numbskulls, chawbacons, and bumpkins are dozing.

I may come back and clock a few of them later.

Chawbacon types please note:{to 'clock'}

vb

1.(tr) British slang, to strike, especially on the face or head

'Clock' him Raven, is your request? All in due time I assure you.
Try, just for fun, just try, doing a little research.

Biden is "bullet proof" because he's an honest guy saying honest things.

People love him because he overcame horrible personal tragedies with dignity and courage.

He has been a moral leader by example - not words.

His success as a Father is demonstrated by his son's service to our country.

He has not used the power entrusted to him to amass even a small amount of wealth. After all these years his personal wealth is startlingly small.

You only make yourself smaller when you attack Biden as a person.

Disagree with his positions all you want, but I challenge anyone to show they have demonstrated more selflessness, courage, overcome more personal tragedies, and always been there for family and country.

It's sad when Right Wingers worship war criminal who looted the country, and attack a decent hard-working guy just trying to repair the damage.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3709 Feb 21, 2013
I read a book that a navy seal wrote about his tours in Vietnam. In this book he said that in the dark jungle the only firearm that was worth having was his trusted 12ga. If you got people running around your house; unless you're some kind of marksmen, you won't be able to hit nothing with a AR-15. You stick a double barrel out the window with 00 buckshot and your bound to hit somthing. It's simple enough to load and use that a child can use this weapon. So tell me how is Biden wrong? Do you think criminals are just going to line up and let you mow them down with your assault rifles? If you do you're a fool. Robbers are going to sneak and watch and wait. Then when you least expect it rush you. The perfect gun for this is a double barrel shotgun. I think Bidens statement was the best advice you could give.
runninghot

Douglasville, GA

#3711 Feb 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
They're crazy doomsday preppers. There is no amount of research that will help them.
Your a crazy liberal that walks around in your rose colored glasses. It seems that you may be wearing eye patches as you may be blind. Just how long can our country's economy function with the huge increasing debt, constant increases in government spending, higher taxes, higher inflation, rules and regulations, very high unemployment, causing companies and small business's to go out of business. If the Obama Administration wanted to purposely make America collapse they couldn't be doing a better job. Makes one wonder doesn't it?
So just how long can this go on? It can't go on forever any moron knows that. So what are your genius thoughts on what you are going to do and how you are going to survive when the dollar is suddenly worthless? Instead of just sticking your head in the sand, I want you to tell me what thoughts you have on that matter. Are you just going to keep calling people names until you starve to death or finally admit there may be an actual problem? Bet you are like the Katrina victims. You will just sit there and wait for the government to come to your rescue. Sorry to tell you they won't and you will be on your own. You best keep a pack of razor blades on you to cut your wrist when all this goes down as that will be your easy way out.
Fools on board

Blairsville, GA

#3712 Feb 21, 2013
All this sounds like the end of the world talk spread by Little Davey, also known as The Mountains Voice. Looks like Little D has changed his name once again and is talking gloom and doom.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3715 Feb 21, 2013
I live in South Georgia. We down here don't worry about starving. We know how to grow our own food. The woods are full of wild game and there is plenty of fresh water to be had. When something happens to one of our neighbors we rally to help them, not rush in to loot. The biggest worry I have is my directv going out and I won't be able to watch the Georgia Bulldogs. I sleep good at night, because I don't depend on the government for nothing. I turn on the news everynight for entertainment, because I know it's out of my control what they do. I don't care one way or the other. I don't agree with either party totally. If fact I stated I don't like the use of drones and queers getting married, but It's out of my/our hands so why stress.
OMTE

Enigma, GA

#3716 Feb 21, 2013
How was my trip to Lithonia, Ga? You big dummy. Let me put your conspiracy theory to rest. When I post on my cell phone it shows mock locations. When I'm on my home/work PC it shows my actual location. For you to be so dam smart you sure are dumb ass hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sat brasstown 2,054
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Sep 8 FearDevil 145
Sex Offender works for Culligan...in and out of... Sep 7 Lady Glock 5
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
US Department of Labor encourage work place vio... (Jul '13) Sep 3 We told you 15
TV, Internet and Phone (Nov '13) Aug 29 oking09 6
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Aug 27 starlust24 49
•••
•••
•••

Savannah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Savannah People Search