Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Savannah Forum

Comments (Page 169)

Showing posts 3,361 - 3,380 of49,300
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>You're right, Bush allowed THREE terrorists to be weatherboarded, just kills people in drone strikes -311 of the 363 drone strikes since 2004 have been under Obama.
You're right !

Obama is as Right Wing when it comes to killing people illegally as Bush ever was.

So we
K
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>You're right !

Obama is as Right Wing when it comes to killing people illegally as Bush ever was.

K
Sorry iPhone freaked.

You're right.

Obama illegally kills more "terrorists" than Bush dreamed of killing.

So we know you won't be one of those folks that claims Obama is a liberal.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to know it isn't just me.
Let all the kids know you have those collections and you drafted your will in pencil - you'll never be lonely when you're old !
also,let them know that they are in a safe deposit box in a bank,and it will make you feel a little 'safer'!
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>also,let them know that they are in a safe deposit box in a bank,and it will make you feel a little 'safer'!
Good point.

I'm too poor to worry about that anymore, between young kids, college kids, and elderly parents, if a burglar comes into my house he'd feel so badly for me, he'd probably leave a donation.
hello cabbie

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

soros wrote:
I've spent my adult life in a team environment, delivering care to the rich, poor, homeless and disabled. Don't lable me as a hate filled human without compassion. I speak only for myself.
Don't take it personally, most cab drivers are full of hate. The traffic is enought to make anyone have a little hate.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

The White Raven wrote:
jeb stuart
Brunswick, GA
i have been collecting gold and silver coins for over a decade now.first as a hobby(mostly old and rare coins)but lately more seriously and mostly bullion.the only bad thing is that is kinda like betting against the u.s. dollar,but the way things look -that may not be a bad bet.
But reason #13 in the linked article is the key. In 10 years most all silver will have been used up in industrial processes, same way most of the silver ever mined is gone forever. No silver, no i-phones, i-pads, and other foolish gadgets...
When the silver moon shot happens those not in will not have time to get in. They think they will have time to get in but they're wrong. Just a matter of time now before the bank runs and the silver buying panic hits. The average person is priced out of gold so the panic for silver will be epic.
Don't sell any silver until it's well North of $100 an ounce, or until it's the top story in the MSM.
Do you believe that congressional promises for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and government pensions will be broken?
Do you believe the Federal Reserve will continue to print the money to pay for those promises?
Do you believe your savings and retirement are totally safe in paper investments denominated in dollars?
Do you believe, as history indicates, that paper money eventually devalues to zero while gold and silver retain their value?
Do you believe that the world will suddenly stop using silver, instead of finding new uses for it every year?
http://www.safehaven.com/article/28674/why-bu...
agree completely with the top half of your post.i hope all those questions were not directed at me.i am just a simple silver/gold collector for investment purposes,that's all.but you make some excellent points.both gold and silver have some properties that many people are unaware of.they are both excellent coductors,for example(anyone who has a cellphone owns a little gold).i remember reading a story about when they were building the facilities at oak ridge,tn. to process uranium for atomic bombs during ww2,because copper was in short supply-they got tons of silver from the bank reserves to use in its' stead.btw,where do you think is the best place to buy silver and gold?
Roll On Troll

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Also should note from the linked article:
If you think a silver price of $200 per ounce is outrageous, I suspect you would find near universal agreement among most Americans.
But is a national debt in excess of $16,000,000,000,000 less outrageous?
If unfunded liabilities are included the "fiscal gap" is, depending on who is calculating it, approximately $100,000,000,000,000 to $220,000,000,000,000.
For perspective, that places the unfunded liabilities of the US government at approximately $700,000 per person in the United States.
Is $700,000 unfunded liability (debt) per man, woman, and child more believable than a price for silver of $200?
It seems likely that the populace will eventually realize that:
Government spending is out of control and will not be voluntarily reduced.
"Printing money" or debt monetization (QE) is necessary and inevitable in order to continue funding the excess spending of the US government. More money in circulation means a declining purchasing power for the dollar. The decline is likely to accelerate at some time in the future.
The real value of our savings and retirement diminishes as the dollar declines in value.
People will PANIC and shift into real assets to preserve their purchasing power.(There is no fever like gold fever!)
That panic will cause gold, silver, and many other real assets to drastically increase in price, as measured in devalued dollars.
It is better to be early than late if a panic-moment is about to arrive.
----------
Also newly minted silver eagles are the silver investment of choice, but you'll have to fight to get your share of them, or any of them at all. Sell outs are a given every month.
Silver bullion is great too of course, but coins and especially pre-64 US silver coins will be very good after the total economic collapse and bond bubble implosion.
...unfunded liabilities of the US government at approximately $700,000 per person in the United States.
All those many that live in denial about fiat money and out of control government spending will be same as road kill or those swept away by the shock wave from a 50 megaton nuclear warhead explosion. Or, same like at Hiroshima where the 7000 degree centigrade temperature of the fireball vaporized bodies instantly.
Good Luck.
You sound a lot like that freak Little Davey AKA The Mountains Voice - and your location says you probably are.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.
Why do you Right Wingers keep pretending we mad?
We have are just grateful Obama is a Right Wing president a little less incompetent and a little less of a complete corporate shill than Bush.
At least Obama gets our boys killed unnecessarily at a slower rate than Bush.
At least Obama, even though hr won't prosecute the War Criminals in charge from 2000 to 2008, says he won't torture his political enemies - Bush took pride in being a War Criminal.
Heck, were just thrilled Romney didn't have the chance to create another Great Depressions. Think how low wages could drop and how high profits could go then.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's the Right Wingers all upset that maybe some sanity might infiltrate into the government.
One can only hope.
Well, I guess SOME right wingers are upset, but I've pretty much accepted it. I can't change it, so....
I'm referring to the posts on here from the libs. They are absolutely incensed! I'm not "trying" anything. That was a legimate question. It makes no sense that everything has worked out the way they want, yet, their posts are venomous. Love all the EXCUSES you are making for Obama NOT doing what he promised. lol Guess you didn't see GMA this morning. "Things" aren't sounding very promising in regard to the economy. China is hacking the computers of some of our important businesses which drive our economy.(Another convenient excuse for what is going on.) Does that mean it's not Bush's fault? It MUST mean that Bush has a direct line to China and they are doing it together.
Topper

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
What Do You Believe?
Do you believe that excessive spending and debt will be reduced?
Do you believe that the decline in purchasing power of the dollar over the last 100 years will suddenly reverse?
Do you believe that congressional promises for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and government pensions will be broken?
Do you believe the Federal Reserve will continue to print the money to pay for those promises?
Do you believe your savings and retirement are totally safe in paper investments denominated in dollars?
Do you believe, as history indicates, that paper money eventually devalues to zero while gold and silver retain their value?
Do you believe that the world will suddenly stop using silver, instead of finding new uses for it every year?
http://www.safehaven.com/article/28674/why-bu...
Yes, and I also believe that pigs can fly, that Santa is real and cows can jump over the moon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
If you think a silver price of $200 per ounce is outrageous, I suspect you would find near universal agreement among most Americans.
If unfunded liabilities are included the "fiscal gap" is, depending on who is calculating it, approximately $100,000,000,000,000 to $220,000,000,000,000.
For perspective, that places the unfunded liabilities of the US government at approximately $700,000 per person in the United States.
Is $700,000 unfunded liability (debt) per man, woman, and child more believable than a price for silver of $200?
"Printing money" or debt monetization (QE) is necessary and inevitable in order to continue funding the excess spending of the US government. More money in circulation means a declining purchasing power for the dollar. The decline is likely to accelerate at some time in the future.
The real value of our savings and retirement diminishes as the dollar declines in value.
People will PANIC and shift into real assets to preserve their purchasing power.(There is no fever like gold fever!)
That panic will cause gold, silver, and many other real assets to drastically increase in price, as measured in devalued dollars.
----------
Also newly minted silver eagles are the silver investment of choice, but you'll have to fight to get your share of them, or any of them at all. Sell outs are a given every month.
Silver bullion is great too of course, but coins and especially pre-64 US silver coins will be very good after the total economic collapse and bond bubble implosion.
...unfunded liabilities of the US government at approximately $700,000 per person in the United States.
All those many that live in denial about fiat money and out of control government spending will be same as road kill or those swept away by the shock wave from a 50 megaton nuclear warhead explosion. Or, same like at Hiroshima where the 7000 degree centigrade temperature of the fireball vaporized bodies instantly.
Good Luck.
Thanks for sharing some of your wealth of knowledge. There will be those who laugh and post, "The sky is falling", but it doesn't hurt to be prepared for ANY emergency. I am going to share your info about silver with some of our like minded friends.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
I'm too poor to worry about that anymore, between young kids, college kids, and elderly parents, if a burglar comes into my house he'd feel so badly for me, he'd probably leave a donation.
you should know better than to underestimate the criminal mind,nowadays.a 19" b&w tv or even a wore-out microwave is fair game.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

The White Raven wrote:
----------
Good Luck.
i like the silver eagles,too.but have you checked the royal canadian mint,lately.they actually offer some great 20 for 20 (dollar,face value) this the only mint that i know of where you could actually get your entire investment back immediately(if someone wanted or needed to.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I guess SOME right wingers are upset, but I've pretty much accepted it. I can't change it, so....
I'm referring to the posts on here from the libs. They are absolutely incensed! I'm not "trying" anything. That was a legimate question. It makes no sense that everything has worked out the way they want, yet, their posts are venomous. Love all the EXCUSES you are making for Obama NOT doing what he promised. lol Guess you didn't see GMA this morning. "Things" aren't sounding very promising in regard to the economy. China is hacking the computers of some of our important businesses which drive our economy.(Another convenient excuse for what is going on.) Does that mean it's not Bush's fault? It MUST mean that Bush has a direct line to China and they are doing it together.
Good God man, you're better than that.

We progressives point out that it can't be taken seriously when people attack Obama for doing exactly the same thing they applauded Bush doing.

If it's wrong for Obama - where were all these Right Wingers whining when Bush was doing the same things,(only less competently and more expensively)?

My complaint about Obama is that he is governing like Bush, only with a brain.

I make no excuses for his:
- failing to have all those who engaged on torture arrested;
for refusing to extradite those Americans indicted for torture to the countries that want to try them;
- for refusing to cut the War Department budget in half;
- for refusing to send Wall Street banksters to prison; and
- refusing the bust up the Banking Monopolies that are "too big to fail" and "too big to prosecute";
- refusing to nationalize the oil companies, leaving Americans to be Saudi Arabia's "bitches".

There's no excuse for engaging in the same illegal, unnecessary, unconstitutional conduct Bush did.

(Let's see how that is spun into an "excuse").

We just acknowledge two things:

- In spite of all he's doing wrong (Bush with a brain), Obama is still a Winston Churchill when compared to Bush/Cheney and Romney;

and

- The same Right Wingers who criticize Obama for not doing what he promised, are the same Right Wingers applauding the Republicans in the Senate for filibustering everything to keep Obama from accomplishing anything. How silly is that.

Americans are so ill informed that they believe anything to the left of Right Wing Fascism is Leeeeeeeeeberal,

and

'Ol Rushbo, Hannity, and the corporate mouthpieces have indoctrinated them to believe Leeeeeeeeeberal is "bad"

See what happens when your home with the flu and TOPIX is your diversion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
Jeb, you posted about how much gold there is in the world. This article puts it into perspective visually:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-14/all-...
On Obama's foreign policy, the neo-cons should feel proud. Kill, and kill cleanly and surgically... Plan your kills... Kill to your plan... The Disposition Matrix... The Rise of the Machines... The killing of women and children, and so many of them in the thousands, were just
unfortunate collateral damage from air strikes and drone strikes in Iraq and Afganistan. Hitler may be smiling in hell. Heil Obama! Zeig Heil! Seig Heil!
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-10-...
probably are.
That you assume so much, so soon, does not in and of itself make you an a$$, but then again you may be an exception. It matters not who I sound like or who you may believe I am or who you may think I sound like. Your thinking and reasoning ability may be as limited as your thinking about geography.
The traffic in Atlanta is now as bad or worse than in Los Angeles. Ellijay is now just a suburb of Atlanta, so in no way is it backwoods USA any more. It's not that hard to live in a close in suburb of Atlanta and have another place further North towards Ellijay, Jasper, or Canton. It's
all still Atlanta in these times.
Your post and your supposition is laughable and really doesn't even deserve a reply, but at least the handle you have chosen for yourself is appropriate.
i remember reading a story about when they were building the facilities at oak ridge,tn. to process uranium for atomic bombs during ww2,because copper was in short supply-they got tons of silver from the bank reserves to use in its' stead.
btw,where do you think is the best place to buy silver and gold?
Off topic...I know. Just a question about Ellijay. Isn't the Whitepath Resort there?
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>you should know better than to underestimate the criminal mind,nowadays.a 19" b&w tv or even a wore-out microwave is fair game.
I'm told we have an "integrated" TV system down here, but I'll never know.

It's so "integrated" I can't work the damn thing. I try to watch football and get movies, try to watch movies and get family photos on the screen,

But mainly I watch a screen that says "Invalid Input".

What the hell is an "Input", it's about as useful as "Integrated".

I just want to watch football.

I end up sitting on the patio, watching an old TV with a long cable.

Come to think of it - my Wife is a smart one - maybe she likes me on the patio ?

No. That couldn't be it.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

for anyone intrested in 2013 silver eagles,you can try 800-323-5055 .www.currencyandcoin.com they're 39.95 per coin w/free shipping.(spot price of silver is about $30/oz. this is a fair deal,and the company is legit(i have delt with them before) i assume they are still available at this price.
driving me nuts

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The White Raven wrote:
driving me nuts
Moultrie, GA
The White Raven,
Most people think if cash is no good they use a debit or credit card!
ROFLMAO! But you see, as it is right now, that is in fact the problem. Money, Federal Reserve Notes as fiat{look up fiat as we should not post definions here too often} is credit/debt. It's actually an IOU. It's all one big Ponzi if you want to know the truth. Credit/Debt isn't an asset, per se, it's a liability. Check accoubting 101 to see if I have it right. The only reason paper money is accepted is because people BELIEVE that it has value. But does it really have any intrinsic value?
NO. What is the paper money backed up by? The full faith and credit/debt* of the US government, but what's going to happen with that?
I know it's probably very hard for you to see this, but what you put forward is very similar to the thing about people going to the grocery store and thinking everything will be there for them.
There will be nothing in the grocery store, and your credit/debt card will be only what it really is, a piece of plastic with some numbers on it and some logo of some failed bank or financial institution.
The skinny of about all of this is that the bond market, debt market and thereby the credit market, will implode.
For a much more complex explaination use link below and try to get a grip - while there is still time.
You're living in denial and it isn't a river in Egypt.
http://www.safehaven.com/article/28826/2013-o...
I don't know what you aretalking about me being in denial. My line about debit and credit cards WAS A JOKE! Sheesh
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm told we have an "integrated" TV system down here, but I'll never know.
It's so "integrated" I can't work the damn thing. I try to watch football and get movies, try to watch movies and get family photos on the screen,
But mainly I watch a screen that says "Invalid Input".
What the hell is an "Input", it's about as useful as "Integrated".
I just want to watch football.
I end up sitting on the patio, watching an old TV with a long cable.
Come to think of it - my Wife is a smart one - maybe she likes me on the patio ?
No. That couldn't be it.
if that cable has any cooper in it,i believe that i would bring it inside at night.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>if that cable has any cooper in it,i believe that i would bring it inside at night.
Good point.

I better hide anyway, before it gets to be so "Integrated" I can't watch that TV either.
OMTE

Unadilla, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

White Raven you sound like a paranoid prepper. You go on and on and on about gold and silver, but tell me this. Where are you going to spend this gold or silver when things go as bad as you think they are? Them guns and ammo you're stock piling will be took from you, along with all your rations. There are alot of us that know how to live off the land and are not scared by all the bullsh*t we see on t.v. and the net. It will return to the bartering system if anything happens to the magnitude you're referring to. That's really what scares you, because the only thing you're good at is running your mouth and you will exterminated along with all long winded comrads. I for one can't wait. If your interested; you can buy all the ammo you want off the net or do like me and reload your own.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,361 - 3,380 of49,300
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savannah Discussions

Search the Savannah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Presiding Bishop speaks at Christ Church Mon Listen to the Word 1
Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10) Mon anon 10
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Mon H.Harrison 47
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Review: David M. Nelson MD (Feb '11) Jul 14 Char 81 45
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Jul 13 Patty M 140
Obama Jul 12 Lyle 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Savannah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••