Wwho?
Ad exec

Blairsville, GA

#2819 Jan 30, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....

2. Fox News is still #1 in viewship.
ONLY on cable, which is a very small market, less than 3 million total for the prime time news slot. On the November 10 ratings CNN, with some 777,000 viewers, including their sister channel, both of which are right leaning, beat out FNN by some 50,000 viewers.

During prime time, CBS network, always the third place finisher, not only out-draws Fox, it out-draws all cable news channels (there are six of them) combined. Of course Fox has no network news presence the same as CBS has no presence on cable.

While Fox can and does claim it's number one, it's in a marginal (small) market and your claim it's number one is therefore, a gross misrepresentation and distortion, something Fox is noted for doing.

FWIW: Cable news total viewership declined by 15% on one measuring standard, 11% on the other, while network lost 3%, mainly to the web.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2820 Jan 30, 2013
Sue wrote:
Wwho?
Sybil
snap crackle pop

Atlanta, GA

#2822 Jan 31, 2013
No one needs to register with topix JUST because it ticks you off Dville. Remember that. Choose your battles, you're wasting breath. I mean, how many times have you said it already? Good grief. You're the TAX man, not the TOPIX ruler. Remember that, too.

Location hidden

#2823 Jan 31, 2013
Ad exec wrote:
<quoted text>
ONLY on cable, which is a very small market, less than 3 million total for the prime time news slot. On the November 10 ratings CNN, with some 777,000 viewers, including their sister channel, both of which are right leaning, beat out FNN by some 50,000 viewers.
During prime time, CBS network, always the third place finisher, not only out-draws Fox, it out-draws all cable news channels (there are six of them) combined. Of course Fox has no network news presence the same as CBS has no presence on cable.
While Fox can and does claim it's number one, it's in a marginal (small) market and your claim it's number one is therefore, a gross misrepresentation and distortion, something Fox is noted for doing.
FWIW: Cable news total viewership declined by 15% on one measuring standard, 11% on the other, while network lost 3%, mainly to the web.
Still #1. Been there for years. Why didn't you just post your link so that we can go to the site. Hmmmm....
Informed Opinion

Naples, FL

#2824 Jan 31, 2013
Wow
You all have been busy and high spirited.

We need to have the 2013 Economic & Investment Summit. at Brasstown Valley Resort.

Synergy can fly in on one of the corporate jets - if he was good he got free use of the corporate jets as part if the golden parachute.(Relax - just kidding).

We can each get a suite and bring our wives and/or our Significant Others,(there aren't hookers at that bar).

We'll golf, have great meals, sleep in, and watch the movie "Wall Street", over and over.

Synergy and Zoltar will provide Power Point presentations.

I'll arrange a cigar maker from Tobacco Road in Miami come up to present a demonstration of hand-rolling cigars, and explain the investment opportunities to be had when Cuba opens again.

Later we'll have our cigars and fine bourbon by the roaring fire and watch NFL Replays on the sports bar TV, while we tell each other how hard we have it.

It'll be great - and best of all - think "deductibility".

Hope the wife buys my cover story. She says she's a "Trophy Wife", who was misled, and she has been a bit cranky since learning the Maserati was rented that night.
shipit

Atlanta, GA

#2825 Jan 31, 2013
Fox News' secret is that the majority of their viewers are in the "65 and older" demographic.
Ad exec

Blairsville, GA

#2826 Jan 31, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Still #1. Been there for years. Why didn't you just post your link so that we can go to the site. Hmmmm....
Google the damned thing yourself!
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#2827 Jan 31, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Wow
We need to have the 2013 Economic & Investment Summit. at Brasstown Valley Resort.
Synergy can fly in on one of the corporate jets - if he was good he got free use of the corporate jets as part if the golden parachute.(Relax - just kidding).
We can each get a suite and bring our wives and/or our Significant Others,(there aren't hookers at that bar).
We'll golf, have great meals, sleep in, and watch the movie "Wall Street", over and over.
I'll arrange a cigar maker from Tobacco Road in Miami come up to present a demonstration of hand-rolling cigars, and explain the investment opportunities to be had when Cuba opens again.
Later we'll have our cigars and fine bourbon by the roaring fire and watch NFL Replays on the sports bar TV, while we tell each other how hard we have it.
Hope the wife buys my cover story. She says she's a "Trophy Wife", who was misled, and she has been a bit cranky since learning the Maserati was rented that night.
hey,i'm a disappointed.after all,i am the that suggested you be invited and you did'nt even mention me.maybe you hav'nt heard,i am famous all way from the mountains in north ga.down to americus,at least.oh well,with my humble background,i guess i should be grateful just to able to attend.and to be honest the real reason i wanted you invited was because i wanted someone there that could show me which one was the salad fork.
jeb stuart

Baxley, GA

#2828 Jan 31, 2013
synergy,i'd like to respond to some post(s)you made,or at least i think it was you.but i can't find them right now and am not going to spend half the day looking.please forgive and correct me if i misquote or attribute something to you that someone else said.i believe that you said that you were pro-choice and i also think i remember you saying that the republicans would not have you because you were not a homophobe.for some reason this all reminds me of something that i've observed but been unable to put into words for some time.it is about this dem.vs.rep.,right vs. left,liberal vs. conserative thing.it appears to me that some sort of phenomenon seems to take place after each election.if the republicans lose an election,then they seem to conclude that they lost because their candidate was not conserative enough and want to push their agenda further to the right.an equally disturbing phenomenon seems to occur when democrats 'win' an election,they seem to conclude that this gives them some sort of mandate to move more to the left.so the gap widens,the chasm deepens,and voters are forced to comprimise their real beliefs.just a thought.

Location hidden

#2829 Jan 31, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Wow
Sounds like fun. I'll bring diamonds to hand out as door prizes.:)))(I was given a corporate jet as a gift when I retired. All are welcome aboard.)

Location hidden

#2830 Jan 31, 2013
Ad exec wrote:
<quoted text>
Google the damned thing yourself!
Whatsamatter? Don't want to post that left wing propaganda site you got that junk from?.

Location hidden

#2831 Jan 31, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
synergy,i'd like to respond to some post(s)you made,or at least i think it was you.but i can't find them right now and am not going to spend half the day looking.please forgive and correct me if i misquote or attribute something to you that someone else said.i believe that you said that you were pro-choice and i also think i remember you saying that the republicans would not have you because you were not a homophobe.for some reason this all reminds me of something that i've observed but been unable to put into words for some time.it is about this dem.vs.rep.,right vs. left,liberal vs. conserative thing.it appears to me that some sort of phenomenon seems to take place after each election.if the republicans lose an election,then they seem to conclude that they lost because their candidate was not conserative enough and want to push their agenda further to the right.an equally disturbing phenomenon seems to occur when democrats 'win' an election,they seem to conclude that this gives them some sort of mandate to move more to the left.so the gap widens,the chasm deepens,and voters are forced to comprimise their real beliefs.just a thought.
I understand what you are saying. Just from observation, it seems that people lean mostly toward the middle, however, I, too, hear people complain that the republicans aren't being conservative enough. I guess maybe that is where the Tea Party comes in. I'm not sure about that. I don't know much about the Tea Party except the left hates them. Our present administration campaigned the first time on leading from the middle and that never happened. IMO, this administration is extreme left and has been from the beginning. Currently, this country is heading about as left as it can go. That's just the way it is. Obama won and those of us who don't care for his politics will just have to live with it.
I DID state that I am pro choice. Personally, I'm NOT pro abortion, but I AM pro choice. If someone wants to have an abortion, it's totally up to her.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#2832 Jan 31, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
Wow
Very good. Very good indeed:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2833 Jan 31, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
... I don't know much about the Tea Party except the left hates them...
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
sissy

Kennesaw, GA

#2834 Jan 31, 2013
When are you people going to realize that the forums overlap? Here I sit on the Cedartown Forum and I'm watching people say they are on the Douglasville one. Get a grip dummies! For the last time.......THE FORUMS OVERLAP!!!!!
Informed Opinion

United States

#2835 Jan 31, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>hey,i'm a disappointed.after all,i am the that suggested you be invited and you did'nt even mention me.maybe you hav'nt heard,i am famous all way from the mountains in north ga.down to americus,at least.oh well,with my humble background,i guess i should be grateful just to able to attend.and to be honest the real reason i wanted you invited was because i wanted someone there that could show me which one was the salad fork.
If I forgot to invite you I am sorry and ashamed.

Your presence is not only requested - it's required to make the event all that it could be.

I was typing when confronted with a hot breakfast plate and hurriedly finished typing on the 'Ol iPhone. forgetting to specifically include you on the list.

Please forgive the oversight and accept a fine Cuban seed cigar when we hold our conference as compensation for my unforgivable oversight.

You specifically, and all generically are who post on TOPIX are, of course, invited.
Informed Opinion

United States

#2836 Jan 31, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like fun. I'll bring diamonds to hand out as door prizes.:)))(I was given a corporate jet as a gift when I retired. All are welcome aboard.)
Looking forward to it - I hope it's at least a G-550 - only the best for your friends !

I insist we let Jeb fly that thing also, his invitation was lost in the mail.

Great idea on the door prizes. I was afraid you'd bring some of those pens and canvas totes they had out at the AHCA conventions. Sorry for doubting you.

Location hidden

#2837 Jan 31, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking forward to it - I hope it's at least a G-550 - only the best for your friends !
I insist we let Jeb fly that thing also, his invitation was lost in the mail.
Great idea on the door prizes. I was afraid you'd bring some of those pens and canvas totes they had out at the AHCA conventions. Sorry for doubting you.
Ohhhhhh nooooooo. No canvas bags for this crew! Speaking of crew, Jeb will most definitely be the Captain. How about that, Jeb? The G550 is a corporate pilot's dream. You can do it, right?
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

#2838 Jan 31, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
If I forgot to invite you I am sorry and ashamed.
Your presence is not only requested - it's required to make the event all that it could be.
I was typing when confronted with a hot breakfast plate and hurriedly finished typing on the 'Ol iPhone. forgetting to specifically include you on the list.
Please forgive the oversight and accept a fine Cuban seed cigar when we hold our conference as compensation for my unforgivable oversight.
You specifically, and all generically are who post on TOPIX are, of course, invited.
oversight understandable and no apology nessessary.however,i was worried that i may have been the one you were referring to from tobacco road.can hardly await leer jet flight,a first for me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More people with Ebolo Dec 24 Raymibd 1
Interracial Dating (Feb '13) Dec 24 EW Shank 16
Is it bad my gf has slept with 80-90 men before... (Sep '13) Dec 21 AWG 35
Dinner & Ghost Hunt with Syfy Channel's Ghost H... Dec 20 chadmorin 1
Jonathan K. Graham has been cheating on his soo... Dec 19 truth hurts 1
Strong business, government ties link Israel, S... Dec 15 all life matters 1
A1981female high school teacher, her husband wa... Dec 14 because 1
Savannah Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Savannah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Savannah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Savannah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:09 am PST

NBC Sports11:09AM
Falcons boosted by Julio Jones' return to practice - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:11 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Panthers
NBC Sports 4:15 AM
Julio Jones in, Steven Jackson out for Falcons vs. Panthers
NFL 4:23 AM
Julio Jones to play; Steven Jackson out for Falcons
NFL 6:08 AM
Hot seat roundup: Is Falcons' Mike Smith on way out?