Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

all aboard wrote:
I agree.
in response to the General's last comment.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

the problem wrote:
<quoted text>
The FairTax will never be put in place. If it was it would be so different from the current fairytale version you would not know things had changed, because they would not have. The same people who control 90% of the money in the U.S. would have the most input on ways to keep the basic systems the rich currently enjoy to avoid tax.. We have to spend energy fixing the current system and stop wasting time on the fairytaletax & anything Ron Paul. Jobs will solve a lot of our problems, so with that in mind you are also the problem.
Negative on me being the problem. You know what the problem is. You know what the solution is. Don't assume I am a Ron Paul supporter, in fact, far from it.
jeb stuart7473

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

hmm,they know what problem is(any and everything but you).They know what the solution is(unspecified)yet they don't know who you support.care to explain,or is it rude for me to ask?
more complicated

Winter Haven, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Ward Clever wrote:
Okay. I'll explain. WARD CLEVER would be the soldiers. Sent in to get THE COMPANY(government) back on track after LUMPY'S DAD flubbed it. Or like those current restaurant or hotels reality shows where an expert is sent in to STRAIGHTEN OUT THE MESS and get the business on the road to success. Like sending in Elvis to replace TINY TIM as the main bill.
Its a bit more complicated that you seem to understand. It also concerns me that the people you want to save this country have not been able to get politicians to give them what they need, just what politicians want them to have. What really concerns me is this group has not been effective since WW 2, thats the last time our military WON a WAR.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Elect MEN soldiers wrote:
We need to start a movement to elect REAL MEN. Retired soldiers to all elected offices. Both men and women soldiers. Not libertine panty wastes like we have now in elected offices. The laws and society needs to be molded to a moral decent functioning state. Not this cess pool of anything goes swamp we have now. The country is like parents gone out of town and the house is run by kids having a RISKY BUSINESS-ANIMAL HOUSE pot party.
I would be more than willing to support a candidate with military experience.
Polemics

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Elect MEN soldiers wrote:
We need to start a movement to elect REAL MEN. Retired soldiers to all elected offices. Both men and women soldiers. Not libertine panty wastes like we have now in elected offices. The laws and society needs to be molded to a moral decent functioning state. Not this cess pool of anything goes swamp we have now. The country is like parents gone out of town and the house is run by kids having a RISKY BUSINESS-ANIMAL HOUSE pot party.
Granted we need a change in politicians but not baby killers. I would come nearer accepting those that refused to serve.
Technically

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Polemics wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted we need a change in politicians but not baby killers. I would come nearer accepting those that refused to serve.
Our armed forces are now all mercenaries.
Neider

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

The reason current politicians are so willing to send soldiers to die overseas is because they themselves have not served and have no sons in the military who are risking their lives. Mitt Romney is the perfect example. In fact, Vietnam-era draft dodgers who are current politicians are an even better example.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ward Clever wrote:
Okay. I'll explain. WARD CLEVER would be the soldiers. Sent in to get THE COMPANY(government) back on track after LUMPY'S DAD flubbed it. Or like those current restaurant or hotels reality shows where an expert is sent in to STRAIGHTEN OUT THE MESS and get the business on the road to success. Like sending in Elvis to replace TINY TIM as the main bill.
wish you could get wallys' friend eddie haskell in somewhere.maybe as sec. of state!
Neider

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Neider wrote:
The reason current politicians are so willing to send soldiers to die overseas is because they themselves have not served and have no sons in the military who are risking their lives. Mitt Romney is the perfect example. In fact, Vietnam-era draft dodgers who are current politicians are an even better example.
Would note that Chuck Hagel is a Vietnam Vet and would make a fine Secretary of Defense and that those that oppose him never served in the US military or worse, were draft dodgers. Am looking at you Rush Limbaugh.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

more complicated wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a bit more complicated that you seem to understand. It also concerns me that the people you want to save this country have not been able to get politicians to give them what they need, just what politicians want them to have. What really concerns me is this group has not been effective since WW 2, thats the last time our military WON a WAR.
there is some merit to what you say about our military not being effective or having won a war since ww2,but just look at where we have been and why we have been there!imho,with the possible exception of getting the taliban and bin laden out of afgan.,these 'wars' have been the results of pure political folly.at any rate,these(somewhat mixed)results are not the fault of our armed forces.they are second to none!a few yrs.ago,fidel castro was quoted as saying that the U.S.was the greatest military power that had ever existed in the history of the world.and i agree with him on that much.
Help Me

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Neider wrote:
<quoted text>
Would note that Chuck Hagel is a Vietnam Vet and would make a fine Secretary of Defense and that those that oppose him never served in the US military or worse, were draft dodgers. Am looking at you Rush Limbaugh.
Draft dodgers? You forgot Ted Nugent and Dick Cheney. Non-military defense hawks? That would include most of the GOP.
Money man

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>there is some merit to what you say about our military not being effective or having won a war since ww2,but just look at where we have been and why we have been there!imho,with the possible exception of getting the taliban and bin laden out of afgan.,these 'wars' have been the results of pure political folly.at any rate,these(somewhat mixed)results are not the fault of our armed forces.they are second to none!a few yrs.ago,fidel castro was quoted as saying that the U.S.was the greatest military power that had ever existed in the history of the world.and i agree with him on that much.
Look at the numbers and you'll find answers. 2.4 million jobs are directly linked to the military/industrial complex. Plus, the US has 2.2 million men and women in uniform. Plus, the US spends more on it's military, including hardware, than the next 13 nations do COMBINED and that includes Russia and China! Add in what the CIA spends, which is secret, and it would probably be 18 nations!

That's a lot of money and profits for people like Halliburton (sp). Can you imagine what would happen to the economy if the US were to suddenly cut back (or not start wars)?

Castro may or may not have said that, but looked what happened at the Bay Of Pigs! Face it: we're war mongers and that's nothing to be proud of!
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

I sent Saxby a quarter rencently and told him to add it to my portion of the tax deficit. I hope it didn't push him over the edge to retire. I feel kind of guilty. Do you think maybe it was just the last straw and I broke the camels back. I feel awful. I got a letter back from him but I was afraid to open it so I just threw it away. Bless his heart. I hope this wasn't my fault. I kinda liked the old guy. Oh Well.
jeb stuart

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Money man wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the numbers and you'll find answers. 2.4 million jobs are directly linked to the military/industrial complex. Plus, the US has 2.2 million men and women in uniform. Plus, the US spends more on it's military, including hardware, than the next 13 nations do COMBINED and that includes Russia and China! Add in what the CIA spends, which is secret, and it would probably be 18 nations!
That's a lot of money and profits for people like Halliburton (sp). Can you imagine what would happen to the economy if the US were to suddenly cut back (or not start wars)?
Castro may or may not have said that, but looked what happened at the Bay Of Pigs! Face it: we're war mongers and that's nothing to be proud of!
i agree,and was not advocating that we elect milatary people to office.also agree about the "bay of pigs"fiasco.castro 'did' make that statement,but it was not said to flatter the U.S.,on the contrary,he was boasting about how cuba had stood up to us.
Polemics

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Lions dont wrote:
Lions don't hunt anything they know they can't take down. If the U.S. never wants to be taken down it shall keep the strongest military. To have the strongest military you must have the strongest economy. Obama was groomed to ruin the economy so America will fall. Athiests get their way but no Creationism. Gays in the Boy Scouts. Lesbians in the Girl Scouts. Legal dope smoking states. Same sex marriage. Next child molestors and bestiality shall get their so called RIGHTS recognized. We already got Hemlock Kevorkians and Abortion on Demand. But our government's main focus for out lawing is our guns.
Guess your post means you donít support Hillary in 2016? In the not too distant future you Tea Party types will be looked upon as a last hooray of a backward people.
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Polemics wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess your post means you donít support Hillary in 2016? In the not too distant future you Tea Party types will be looked upon as a last hooray of a backward people.
Do you really believe after that Benghazi fiasco that she has a snowball's chance in Hell of being elected to even street sweeper. I don't think so!! When they questioned her all she did was answer with questions. Duh, real bright. I'm not a tea party type. I'm not a joiner, just an activist that never wants to see an American Ambasssdor beg for help. CIA saying they were being over run and Washington sitting on ther thumbs and 4 brave Americans dying. Literally fighting on American soil in a foreign land. You really think she can win. Dream on!! Let's not forget the Fast and Furious fiasco where Border Agent Terry was murdered by weapons we planned on tracing to terrorist in Mexico. Many Mexican citizens were killed with those guns too. How soon we do forget when we can't see the forrest for the trees.
Polemics

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe after that Benghazi fiasco that she has a snowball's chance in Hell of being elected to even street sweeper. I don't think so!! When they questioned her all she did was answer with questions. Duh, real bright. I'm not a tea party type. I'm not a joiner, just an activist that never wants to see an American Ambasssdor beg for help. CIA saying they were being over run and Washington sitting on ther thumbs and 4 brave Americans dying. Literally fighting on American soil in a foreign land. You really think she can win. Dream on!! Let's not forget the Fast and Furious fiasco where Border Agent Terry was murdered by weapons we planned on tracing to terrorist in Mexico. Many Mexican citizens were killed with those guns too. How soon we do forget when we can't see the forrest for the trees.
There are lots of good Republicans but if yaíll donít regain control of your party from Tea Party nuts NRA fools and right wing fringes of the Christian faith you will no longer be a national party and we progressives need you. Please wake up>
Steve

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ga Girl 56 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really believe after that Benghazi fiasco that she has a snowball's chance in Hell of being elected to even street sweeper. I don't think so!! When they questioned her all she did was answer with questions. Duh, real bright. I'm not a tea party type. I'm not a joiner, just an activist that never wants to see an American Ambasssdor beg for help. CIA saying they were being over run and Washington sitting on ther thumbs and 4 brave Americans dying. Literally fighting on American soil in a foreign land. You really think she can win. Dream on!! Let's not forget the Fast and Furious fiasco where Border Agent Terry was murdered by weapons we planned on tracing to terrorist in Mexico. Many Mexican citizens were killed with those guns too. How soon we do forget when we can't see the forrest for the trees.
You're not very informed either. All weekend the news agencies (FOX included) were reporting that if Hillary ran the job would be hers, as nobody else could win.
Historian

Bremen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Center cannot hold wrote:
progressive commie HUMBUG.
You mean like Republican President Theodore Roosevelt who pushed for Universal health coverage and leveled the playing field for all Americans by taking on the 1%?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Savannah Forum right now

Search the Savannah Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sweet William and the Stereos (Aug '11) Tue Gordo - savannah 3
Dr Sina Dadfarmay of Savannah Tue Serious 1
Black Racist Walmart Employees Unpunished after... (Jul '13) Jul 27 ilearnfromblackracist 32
Looking for missing uncle. Jul 23 Adams 1
Presiding Bishop speaks at Christ Church Jul 21 Listen to the Word 1
Review: Abbott, Greg DDS - Greg Abbott DDS (Jul '10) Jul 21 anon 10
Debate: Marijuana - Savannah, GA (Aug '10) Jul 21 H.Harrison 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Savannah Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••