Review: Tobacco Palace Of Savannah

Posted in the Savannah Forum

Rey

Atlanta, GA

#1 Aug 27, 2012
Must say it was a pleasure. Customer service was excellent and the selection and prices was more then fair. Been shopping online for my tobacco for a while now, tonight that changed Tobacco Palace has my business. Thanks guys!!!!

Since: Aug 10

Savannah, GA

#2 Sep 1, 2012
I agree, very large and nice selection. Great cigar prices too. Check this place out before you shop online for your tobacco needs.
Ryan

Sylacauga, AL

#3 May 3, 2014
I stopped in on a whim to see if there was anything special to be had. The shop is clean and the proprietor is nice and polite. I noticed that the shop had a surprising selection of tinned pipe tobacco. Not huge by any means but most tobacconists don't carry tinned tobacco.

I made my way to the humidor to check out what was offered here. As soon as the door was opened there was a huge problem. The humidor is lined with American Cedar, not Spanish Cedar. It's like being in a hamster cage with cedar bedding.

Cedar is cedar you say? You couldn't be more wrong. Spanish Cedar is not related to the American Cedar at all. It's actually a cousin to Mahogany. Spanish Cedar imparts a pleasant aroma and taste to cigars. It's also quite porous and will release and absorb moisture to maintain a healthy environment for cigars. The American variety does just the opposite.

I looked around and saw 2 sticks I decided to get anyway. They were still in the factory Spanish Cedar box and wrapped in cellophane. I hoped they would still be good.

I got home and put them in my humidor. Before though, I took the out of the cellophane to smell them. They smell horrible of American Cedar.

I'm hoping by leaving them for a couple months, they will lose the aroma they got from Tobacco Palace. I doubt it but I'll be optimistic that I didn't waste $56 on 2 cigars.

Every single cigar is trash that's been in their "humidor". I will probably go back if I'm in a pinch for pipe tobacco but seeing as my cellar is well stocked, that isn't going to happen.

Stay away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biking In Savannah,Georgia (Jul '13) Nov 16 Sam Smart 11
savannah. behind the conspiracy.. Nov 13 Sam Smart 1
Councilman Ernie Stanhope caught dancing win BR... Oct 29 Jasmine M 2
Protests continue in West Savannah in wake of o... Oct 29 BoBo 4
Blanket drive to benefit area animal shelters Oct 28 Tonya 1
dead beet shit head cops in port wentworth GA (Jul '08) Oct 27 Jerry J 58
SCPS tops Portal 24-14 in Robertson's return Oct 24 Vanessa 1
Savannah Dating
Find my Match

Savannah People Search