Savanna flooding knocks out major roadway into town

Full story: WQAD

Flooding is causing major problems for people living and working in Savanna. The Plum River flooded and is threatening homes and businesses.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2010
Ann Gatzke

United States

#1 Jul 27, 2010
I live in a Chicago suburb. Our news stations do not carry much about northwestern Illinois. Is there something that we can do to help?
Fozz

Trivoli, IL

#2 Jul 27, 2010
Ann Gatzke wrote:
I live in a Chicago suburb. Our news stations do not carry much about northwestern Illinois. Is there something that we can do to help?
Ann,I agree,, if I didn't have freinds and a boat on the river, I wouldn't have herd a thing about it. I saw it with my own eyes and for me, the only good thing about it, was the fact that I have a boat, and not a home there.
S Eckstein

Hutchinson, MN

#3 Jul 27, 2010
The Red Cross is taking donations.
Also, there is a website.
http://savannahelpwithflood.wordpress.com/off...
Please get the word out! Our families need help!
Cheryl

Milton, FL

#4 Jul 30, 2010
Yes some of these people on that side of town lost everything including my 26 year old daughter she lost a brand new front load washer and dryer brand new kitchen stove furniture was floating bedroom furniture every time you pick up something in your home think of them they all have everything under nasty muddy water.What ever you can bring to the drop off in downtown Savanna or mail to them would be great.They have worked so hard for all that they had and now have nothing.VERY VERY SAD. It was a matter of 2 1/2 hours it took for the water to destroy all of it. Thank You for any help you can give....
Ann Gatzke wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 hr BoDidHe 49,477
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 21 hr newpoly 1,903
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Mr Ridgway 3,922
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Aug 20 Weneedchange 147
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Aug 2 nono 6,593
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Aug 1 Chicagobunny 528
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Jul '14 rdarbin 641
•••
•••
•••

Savanna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Savanna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Savanna News, Events & Info