The next GITMO?

The next GITMO?

There are 1 comment on the Telegraph Herald story from Nov 20, 2009, titled The next GITMO?. In it, Telegraph Herald reports that:

Some politicians voice doubts about a plan to house terror suspects in a Thomson, Ill., prison, but some people say the move would provide an economic boon to the tri-state area THE TELEGRAPH HERALD Photo by: Charles Rex Arbogast The federal government is considering housing Guantanamo Bay detainees at the Thomson Correctional Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Telegraph Herald.

Richard holy

Santa Barbara, CA

#1 Nov 22, 2009
I think it would be great for our area. this is a depressed area. we need the jobs the army depot is gone the railroad is gone,even the motorcyclists are gone for 5months. are few factories have had major lay offs. lets worry bout the jobs not the detainees escaping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savanna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder Suicide in Elizabeth, IL 20 years ago. (Feb '08) May '15 Armando 12
City (Jun '14) Dec '14 Curt 3
News Sen. Jacobs meet-and-greets Friday (Dec '14) Dec '14 Curt 1
News Manny's moves into Sterling; Domino's departs D... (Feb '14) Oct '14 kathykingery 3
News Lane closures on Savanna bridge (Oct '14) Oct '14 Browneyed Susan 1
Buck's Barn (Apr '12) Mar '14 craig 4
Found Dog (Feb '14) Feb '14 Concerned pet owner 1

Savanna Jobs

Personal Finance

Savanna Mortgages