Novato police plan DUI, license checkpoint Friday

There are 20 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Aug 20, 2009, titled Novato police plan DUI, license checkpoint Friday. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Novato police are planning a traffic checkpoint Friday to screen for intoxicated and unlicensed drivers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
thats it

Novato, CA

#1 Aug 20, 2009
Good start at leafwood and Rowland.nice little third world on that street.
Jim

Stockton, CA

#2 Aug 20, 2009
thats it wrote:
Good start at leafwood and Rowland.nice little third world on that street.
It appears you have a little third world going on in your head, racist! But hey, that's normal for Topix posters. I'm sure more will follow.

“ Walking a strait circle”

Since: May 09

novato

#3 Aug 20, 2009
Good job 'thats it'.As soon as you hear the word racist,you know you are correct.Its all they got.When they call you a 'racist', just read 'patriot' and take no offense.And if you drive down leafwood, go slow and take a look down the driveways and courtyards.Garbage everywhere,piled as high as the fences,very much like the canal.Rampant poisen culture there.
kitty

Mill Valley, CA

#4 Aug 20, 2009
another chance for Novatos finest to earn a little overtime
Maybe they will spend the $ taking the spouse out for dinner
economic stimulus ya know
have a couple of glasses of wine which should put them at around .08 and drive home
Jim

Rio Linda, CA

#5 Aug 20, 2009
Red Diaper wrote:
Good job 'thats it'.As soon as you hear the word racist,you know you are correct.Its all they got.When they call you a 'racist', just read 'patriot' and take no offense.And if you drive down leafwood, go slow and take a look down the driveways and courtyards.Garbage everywhere,piled as high as the fences,very much like the canal.Rampant poisen culture there.
Racist... you're a known racist, so you don't count...putz! Next!
Timmy

Novato, CA

#6 Aug 20, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I next? Well it's about time. Anyway, sir, in my earlier studies with you, you said only white people can be racist. Now racism is defined as one race feeling that it is superior to another race. Could not the Japanese subjegation of Korea qualify as racism, sir? Just asking...
Jim

Rio Linda, CA

#7 Aug 21, 2009
Timmy wrote:
<quoted text>Am I next? Well it's about time. Anyway, sir, in my earlier studies with you, you said only white people can be racist. Now racism is defined as one race feeling that it is superior to another race. Could not the Japanese subjegation of Korea qualify as racism, sir? Just asking...
No Timmy you tell me, let's see how good your studies are going. I know the answer... do you?

Since: Dec 08

Lafayette, CA

#8 Aug 21, 2009
Why did San Anselmo give the information of where theyre gonna be?

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#9 Aug 21, 2009
cadet wrote:
Why did San Anselmo give the information of where theyre gonna be?
I give up...Why?
Timmy

Novato, CA

#10 Aug 21, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
No Timmy you tell me, let's see how good your studies are going. I know the answer... do you?
Now that's just flat out lame...
Jen

San Rafael, CA

#11 Aug 21, 2009
kitty wrote:
another chance for Novatos finest to earn a little overtime
Maybe they will spend the $ taking the spouse out for dinner
economic stimulus ya know
have a couple of glasses of wine which should put them at around .08 and drive home
So basically you're saying don't set up any DUI checkpoints because you don't think the overtime is warranted? Much better to have drunkards drive around, smashing into cars and killing people, than to have our law enforcement see a few more bucks on the paycheck? Nice. Remember to close one eye when you're driving while intoxicated - you're much less likely to see doubles.
Jim

Aliquippa, PA

#12 Aug 21, 2009
Timmy wrote:
<quoted text>Now that's just flat out lame...
Actually Timmy, you are lame. Got the answer yet? Quit stalling. Show me the "money"!
Timmy

Novato, CA

#13 Aug 21, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Timmy, you are lame. Got the answer yet? Quit stalling. Show me the "money"!
Well sir, I would say yes, the Japanese race was practicing racism when they dominated the Korean race. But what I can't figure out is, the Japanese race is not white, so how could that be? Because, as you have pointed out, only the white man is capable of racism. MANIFEST DESTINY RULES!!!!!

“ Walking a strait circle”

Since: May 09

novato

#14 Aug 21, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mentioned race.Der ! That would make you the racist would it not ?When YOU call someone a racist , you are just saying they are a patriot.So thank you small little man. And please do something about that wrecked car outside your apartment and all that garbage ! Geez.
Sue the Sluut

Novato, CA

#15 Aug 21, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it about time to head on over to St. Vincents? They're having tamales today. Your favorite...
Just being cops

San Francisco, CA

#16 Aug 21, 2009
Starting at 6pm? What's up with that? Oh yeah, lots of impaired drivers coming home from work, that's it. Get real - the cops do this because the Supreme Court says they can. No 4th Amendment violation, so your right to be secure does not apply. The law says show them your papers - otherwise shut up and say nothing. These stops are ALWAYS fishing expeditions. Run along now and be a good sheep.
Jim

Aliquippa, PA

#17 Aug 21, 2009
Red Diaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Never mentioned race.Der ! That would make you the racist would it not ?When YOU call someone a racist , you are just saying they are a patriot.So thank you small little man. And please do something about that wrecked car outside your apartment and all that garbage ! Geez.
LOL, I see you are a fan of Rove speak, where everything is topsy turvy. Which pill did you take, the blue or the red? Silly question... the red of course. Dream on...
Jim

Aliquippa, PA

#18 Aug 21, 2009
Sue the Sluut wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it about time to head on over to St. Vincents? They're having tamales today. Your favorite...
LOL, it appears you know that place better than I!
Do they send you the menu?

Enjoy your meal!
Mexifornia

San Bruno, CA

#19 Aug 21, 2009
Let's see? Jim's little brown Oompa Loompa'sa will be headed for the liquor stores by 5:00 p.m. to cash their checks, buy a phone card and a case of Tecate.

6:00 p.m. is pretty good timing.Focus on Plaza liquors, Queseda's Market and the various Tacqueria's around Novato. Yes. The Lynwood/Leafwood area and Alameda del Prado area should haul in an impressive catch. Probably, not a Sig Hanson NorthWestern catch but substantial.

Happy hunting NPD. Remember: There is no size limitation. Their all small and all considered keepers.

Now. Go get those nets ready!
Jim

Aliquippa, PA

#20 Aug 21, 2009
Timmy wrote:
<quoted text>Well sir, I would say yes, the Japanese race was practicing racism when they dominated the Korean race. But what I can't figure out is, the Japanese race is not white, so how could that be? Because, as you have pointed out, only the white man is capable of racism. MANIFEST DESTINY RULES!!!!!
Very good Timmy! You get an "A" for that answer. But when you try to relate that to what I said you get an "F". You are taking my comment out of context, I can prove you wrong all day by using that tactic.

Let's look at the facts. The "dominant race", in our case here in the US are the whites or Caucasians or as I like to say it, the Manifest Destiny crew. They have had and still have the power to oppress, enslave and violate the minority groups. Due to their dominace and control of "systems" we have a society where only the "white" or manifest destiny crew is in a position to be racist. That is defined by their control and dominance. Can the minorities hate you, yes! They most likely have good reasons for doing so, but they have no power to be racist towards you and prevent you from enjoying all aspects of society, only the dominate race has that power.

Do you understand that? Perhaps you need to enroll in some classes.

Good luck in your learning. Turn off AM radio, you'll have a better chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sausalito Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr Chuck 19,892
Senior night nudism to be curbed in most parks Apr 29 Father Bosch 4
Liberace Nixon Cheney Drag Pix Worth $$$$ Apr 28 TEECHER s Petting 3
News Harold E. Caligiuri Sr. (Aug '12) Apr 26 Who 3
What Happened to Marinscope Police Blotter? Apr 16 Gloregina 1
News Mill Valley mulling multiunit residential smoki... Apr 12 Call it as I See it 2
Intercourse in second hand stores to be curbed Apr 10 L IL HOAKUM 1
More from around the web

Sausalito People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]