Fairfax Fire Linked to Pot Growing Operation - Friends Mourn Resident

Dec 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

Alexander Ivanov, 58, was "one of the good guys." That's the word from friends of the late Fairfax resident, who is being remembered this week as the man who lost his life in a Nov.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Dec 9, 2012
Gary Sorkin

Calabasas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

I really, really liked Alex - on many levels. He was always cheerful and we shared a precious value together - honesty. I miss him and the finality of death reverberates in my mind the loss I have, as I empathize and morn with all the others that knew him.

Now for the shabby journalism of the IJ reporter, the unprofessional comments of the fire marshal, and the jumping to conclusions which encompass this tragic event into some trite "pot growing" case is totally unacceptable in the court of honesty and integrity. Shame on you for writing such unsubstantiated trash about a great man! But this is not the time nor place to get into the minutiae of details from such nauseating people.

Alex was one of the most genuine men I have ever called a good friend, "Privitt moy druuk" means in Russian, "Hello my friend." We both love food and would compare delicacies - oysters bbq'ed from Tomales bay - pickled tomatoes from a deli in SF - the best of smoked fish or alas a bit of vodka...all adding spice to life and color to our friendship. We went through a lot of changes as friends together - and changed a lot of friends during that time as well, but stuck together with an awareness of each other's journey and Alex was always, always there for me.

My prayer is, "Alex, Sasha, you are gone too soon from this world and for that this place is now hollow of your warmth, laughter, friendship and love. You were so generous with your gift of companionship and revealed the qualities of your namesake - Alexander the Great." As you walk through the valley of the shadow of death fear no evil, as your love on earth has laid for you a path of eternal memories of love of those you left behind. Nastarovia moi druuk."
Gary S Sullivan

Sebastopol, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

I had the great pleasure to have grown up with Alex, and then to live with him at his home in Fairfax, which was affectionately know as "savage camp" or Camp Savage, home for wayward men and chairs", in the early eighties.
His early passing has left an emptiness in many hearts and minds across the Bay Area,particularly Marin County, and beyond.
He was all of the things people are saying about him, outgoing, loving, kind, generous, adventurous,
witty,trustworthy, loyal, and I could go on and on.
God Rest Ye Alex the Bad,,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Sausalito News Video

•••
•••

Sausalito Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sausalito People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••