visiting Sausalito
John Graham

AOL

#1 Jun 6, 2011
Dear Mr. Pollitzer.
I had the unfortunate experience of visiting Sausalito last week and trying to park in my usual parking place, the parking lot adjacent to the boat docking area in the center of town.
Now in the past I have driven into this parking lot, received a printed time ticket and paid my time as parked upon my departing this area. For rather obvious reasons of extortion and gauging of the public you have now installed the most ridiculous system of asking the public to go to a machine, guess how long one might be in Sausalito and deposit $3.00 for every hour you have estimated how long it will take you to have lunch and shop at local merchants.
First of all the machine refused to accept two of my credit cards and my friends who were in a separate car had the same experience. After going to another ticket machine and standing behind another couple of visitors who were having the same problem, trying to figure out how long they might be in town and actually using the machine we gave up and ended up going to lunch at the Spinnaker and gladly paid a nominal valet parking fee.
At the kiosk on the way into the parking lot there were two employee's and I also observed a police patrol car driving around the area giving out $44.0 parking tickets to those unfortunate enough to have gone into town for lunch and to shop, so how much labor you are saving is debatable
I think if this is your approach to encouraging visitation to your city it is a disgusting way to deliberately extract fines and extra parking fee's from people who wish to spend their hard earned money with your merchants and restaurants. Our party of four once we had eaten left immediately so you are not doing your merchants any favors with their lost business opportunities, as your avaricious greed in trying to siphon off more money for parking in a "Catch Twenty-two manner is blatantly on display.
In the future I will certainly avoid parking any where near your down town area, if I decide to visit your city at all. I would suggest you take the time to go down to your new "cash register " in the parking lot in and see how much the general public are excited about either being over charged or given a $44.0 parking ticket fine.
I can only assume you have taken to heart the cliche from an iconic movie of a few years ago
"Greed is good " and adopted it as your new parking slogan.
John Graham

“I been hypnotized”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2 Jun 8, 2011
Darn the luck. :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sausalito Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr WPWW 20,966
News New owners take over Rolling Hills Club in Novato (Feb '10) Jul 14 Your mom 33
third annual native american walk for sobriety,... Jun 26 ghostdancer1890 1
Port-A-Potty on Every Corner Jun 26 stop resisting 1
News Political Road Map: How a gas tax increase coul... Jun '17 trump4everdynassty 9
Munchies' Hamburgers???? (Jun '13) Jun '17 A Thought 31
News Girl, 16, trips up burglary suspect in Sausalito (Aug '09) Jun '17 yidfellas v USA 31

Sausalito Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sausalito Mortgages