Sausalito spa raided in prostitution sting

Apr 2, 2009 Read more: Marin Independent Journal 20
A 45-year-old woman was arrested on prostitution allegations Thursday after a raid at a Sausalito spa, police said. Read more
Red Diaper

Burlingame, CA

#1 Apr 2, 2009
$600 ? ouch !
Joe the Dumber

San Rafael, CA

#2 Apr 2, 2009
what a surprise!!! hookers working at a "Massage Parlor" WOW who would have ever guessed?
GeneTierney

Hayward, CA

#3 Apr 2, 2009
Joe the Dumber wrote:
what a surprise!!! hookers working at a "Massage Parlor" WOW who would have ever guessed?
And the arrestee is a *victim* of exploitation.
Dad

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2009
We are endlessly being raped by local, state, and federal government and this victimless "crime" is having time spent on it ?
Tom

San Anselmo, CA

#5 Apr 3, 2009
Marin's crime basically comes from four places. Richmond, via the bridge. Novato's barrio-in-training, the Canal and finally and most tragically, Marin City, since it is under the near control of Country Government.
Joto

Half Moon Bay, CA

#6 Apr 3, 2009
Why don't they arrest the customers and really make a difference?
Craig

Richmond, CA

#7 Apr 3, 2009
How many "massage" parlors are there in downtown San Rafael? If you look in the erotic services section of craigslist.org , it seems like there are at least three. It seems like these businesses have started to expand in the last few years.
BLT

San Jose, CA

#8 Apr 3, 2009
The undercover cop sure had a better gig then the cop who had to sit in that men's room at the airport.
John

Santa Rosa, CA

#9 Apr 3, 2009
BLT wrote:
The undercover cop sure had a better gig then the cop who had to sit in that men's room at the airport.
Yeah

“Avoid Taxes, Don't Work !”

Since: Jul 08

San Jose, CA

#10 Apr 3, 2009
Craig wrote:
How many "massage" parlors are there in downtown San Rafael? If you look in the erotic services section of craigslist.org , it seems like there are at least three. It seems like these businesses have started to expand in the last few years.
There are too many and the DA and police just look the other way. Too many of their friends likley go there.
paranoid

Oakland, CA

#11 Apr 3, 2009
waste of time...whose business is it except the lonely guys who go. Go do some real police work...and who are these people saying men go for short periods of time at all hours...mind your own business.

Might as well ad that the war on drugs is also a big failure costing us huge sums of money and doing next to nothing to stop the flow.
Tony

Petaluma, CA

#12 Apr 3, 2009
Reminds me of the police recruit that was being given his final examination before becoming an officer.. The Seargent asks the recruit, "What would be your response if you were driving past the local house of ill repute and saw the chief of police's car parked out front?" The recruit replied, "Why I would jump out of my patrol car and rush in to help with the arrest!"

“Avoid Taxes, Don't Work !”

Since: Jul 08

San Jose, CA

#13 Apr 3, 2009
paranoid wrote:
waste of time...whose business is it except the lonely guys who go. Go do some real police work...and who are these people saying men go for short periods of time at all hours...mind your own business.
Might as well ad that the war on drugs is also a big failure costing us huge sums of money and doing next to nothing to stop the flow.
Sure we need more skanks spreading STD's to the rest of the community. Exploiting women slaves too
Freedom Fighter

Daly City, CA

#14 Apr 3, 2009
Those "slaves" you're referring to make $100+k a year, own homes, and drive brand new BMWs. The only people being exploited are the customers and the American public. How many bay area prostitution arrests during the past year have uncovered evidence of sexual slavery? Correct answer is zero.
FutureLeaders

Lynchburg, VA

#15 Apr 3, 2009
paranoid wrote:
I agree, leave our Rub-and-Tugs alone!
Elliot

San Francisco, CA

#16 Apr 3, 2009
Arrest the customers and handcuff them and bring them in.
Snark Attack

Hyattsville, MD

#17 Apr 3, 2009
I guess that this story does not have a "happy ending".
Death N Taxes

Chino, CA

#18 Apr 3, 2009
legalize it, and tax it....just put the pros district up in Novato
IMA

San Jose, CA

#19 Apr 3, 2009
Death N Taxes wrote:
legalize it, and tax it....just put the pros district up in Novato
Leave it in Sausalito so we can get the tourist trade tax money from SF.
yinglan

Santa Monica, CA

#21 May 11, 2009
some law enforcement officials themselves admit that chasing prostitutes is a waste of time and resources. http://prostitution.procon.org/viewanswers.as...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sausalito Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Matt Kruse2252 19,831
What Happened to Marinscope Police Blotter? Apr 16 Gloregina 1
News Mill Valley mulling multiunit residential smoki... Apr 12 Call it as I See it 2
Intercourse in second hand stores to be curbed Apr 10 L IL HOAKUM 1
News Things to do and see in Marin County, June 30 t... (Jun '11) Apr 10 Willi Akbar Can 23
News Pink slips handed out at Doctors Medical Center... Apr 9 Henu 6
News Protesters demand criminal probe of Marin divor... (Oct '10) Apr 8 Quest 156
More from around the web

Sausalito People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]