Sausalito woman was killed with a knife in confrontation

Full story: Marin Independent Journal

Avril Clary of Sausalito died after being slashed in the neck with a knife during a confrontation in the Bridgeway home she shared with Chet Turner, the suspect who told at least three acquaintances he killed her, authorities disclosed.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 67 of67
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
RIP Avril

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2009

I just happen across this story - what an incrediable and useless tragedy! I met her once years ago - a smart beautiful women that had issues as we all do. I

I agree with the poster that said she could have never contemplated suicide due to the the love of her son certainly not the avril I met many years ago

I was looking for a obituary, funeral or trustfund for her son is any one aware of one?
family member

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Hamilton Sausalito wrote:
Yes, there were signs that things weren't going so great in that house.
Did anyone, family, friends or neighbors step in? We don't know.
When my brother died of a drug overdose in Montecito, I know that friends and neighbors had no idea what my mother and I had gone through to try and help him out. When someone is dependent on drugs and alcohol it is extremely difficult to help them, especially if they don't want your help. This has nothing whatsoever to do with Sausalito, Marin, or northern California. People with problems of addiction and mental illness live everywhere.
actually yes every member of the family did all they could we suggested every where from jobs to being part of the community to homeless shelters to AA.... even sent her money... but she blew it on drugs and honestly you guys have some problems of your own not this post specifically but when family/friends have been hurt for the rest of there lives what makes you think you should comment on how you wanna see pics of her dead body and what drugs did to her and blame other people! it was no ones fault expect there own even if the community tried its not like it would work any differently then the family trying. my point being that if you really need to blame people about a murder that had nothing to do with you then i strongly suggest you see a counselor
Max_aka_son

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

Rational approach wrote:
Hey Les, since you knew Avril, how about telling us why she chose to hang out with the Manson lookalike rather than fulfill the motherly duties she undertook when she gave birth to her now 12 year old son, who was living with other relatives?
she "hung out" with him because he was good man if you knew him you would realize this too she told me every day that she was happy with him and he treated her well i would love to see u suffer a lose of your mother then husband then get your child taken away then spend all your money on drugs and destroy your brain and then get your life back on track, granted she made wrong decisions but also if you knew her you would know the one thing she wanted most was me i think this post is completely fucked do you base your opinions on what people look like???? even my mom told me not to judge a book by its cover what type of mom did you have? think next time before you write a post that explains to every one reading that you only base your thoughts on what people look like and what you read maybe some people write something untrue (you) try before you say anything to actually have some connection to what you are writing about before you show every one you are stereotypical your only embarrassing your self my friend
Max_aka_son

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Rational approach wrote:
I'm sorry, but I just think that the statement "Chet was incredibly supportive" when referring to the woman he murdered is bizarre. I see no option but to conclude that your "empathy" for the severely mentally disturbed prevents you from seeing the truth--that some of them are truly dangerous and that other people need to be protected from them. It's the "look only for the love" mentality that lets demons run wild.
maybe its also from people that think everyone should be locked up? hmmm interesting thought huh? so much for rational approach
Max_aka_son

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

RIP Avril wrote:
I just happen across this story - what an incrediable and useless tragedy! I met her once years ago - a smart beautiful women that had issues as we all do. I
I agree with the poster that said she could have never contemplated suicide due to the the love of her son certainly not the avril I met many years ago
I was looking for a obituary, funeral or trustfund for her son is any one aware of one?
Clary Cline Children's Bereavement Fund
To Donate by Check Please Make Checks Payable to:
Hospice Caring, Inc.
518 South Frederick Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD. 20877
Rondog

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2011

Chet is my stepbrother, though I have not been in contact with him for many years. I can tell you that he was a lifelong drug user and would take anything that he could get his hands on. I also know that he was not a violent or evil person. He was very kind and good natured person and not prone to violence or erratic behavior. I believe the drugs and dysfunctional relationship resulted in the murder/attempted suicide. It fits perfectly that Chet would screw up killing himself in the end. Life was kind of like that for Chet, things just never seemed to work out right for him. I hope he finds peace in his life.
Bonnie

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Hold the Nuts wrote:
Very tragic and what dark bunny hole did he and she slide down that this was the result? People in Marin constantly over use the word community but where was the "community" when these two needed help. Obviously at home in their over priced homes relating to others on forums rather than in person. This murder is a result of a very sick society.
You're not bitter at all that you can't afford to live in Marin, hence why you live in Hayward

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 67 of67
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sausalito Discussions

Search the Sausalito Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 43 min Acme Pest Control 15,665
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 1 hr Lug Heads 7,300
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Martin L King 17,753
Munchies' Hamburgers???? (Jun '13) 10 hr A Thought 11
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 11 hr Drafty 4,559
Body of missing teen found near Marin Headlands (Mar '10) 17 hr Fearless in Antioch 2
Kentfield girl, 9, fights to save chickens amid... 18 hr Flavia Oliverio-Mathes 1
•••
•••

Sausalito News Video

•••
Sausalito Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sausalito Jobs

•••
•••
•••