Sausalito woman was killed with a kni...

Sausalito woman was killed with a knife in confrontation

There are 67 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Apr 22, 2009, titled Sausalito woman was killed with a knife in confrontation. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Avril Clary of Sausalito died after being slashed in the neck with a knife during a confrontation in the Bridgeway home she shared with Chet Turner, the suspect who told at least three acquaintances he killed her, authorities disclosed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Hold the Nuts

San Francisco, CA

#1 Apr 22, 2009
Very tragic and what dark bunny hole did he and she slide down that this was the result? People in Marin constantly over use the word community but where was the "community" when these two needed help. Obviously at home in their over priced homes relating to others on forums rather than in person. This murder is a result of a very sick society.
Thomas

San Rafael, CA

#2 Apr 22, 2009
Why did an attractive woman like her hang out with that piece of white trash? She must have had her own demons to deal with and thought she was only good enough for him.
tbt

United States

#3 Apr 23, 2009
What's a badroom ? IJ editor....caption below picture.
Dr HK Sachwady

Mill Valley, CA

#4 Apr 23, 2009
As long as women in this society continue to confuse revulsion with sexual attraction, these kinds of occurences will continue.
Jim

United States

#5 Apr 23, 2009
WTF, rampaging Europeans, a time bomb waiting to explode. Where's DUDE who promotes these kind of values, this country use to be a beautiful place until Manifest Destiny brought this cancer down upon us... send them all home!

Put DUDE in the "badroom"!
another rider

San Jose, CA

#6 Apr 23, 2009
they need a more current pic of the woman. that one's gotta be several years old, taken well before what must have been her descent into meth hell. there's no way she was hanging around with a baboon like him and still looked like she does in the pic. she must have been a real piece of work at the end.
Dano

Fairfax, CA

#7 Apr 23, 2009
A lot of really ignorant posts so far, but it
doesn't surprise me. Maybe American's are as ignorant as we are perceived?
W Hatawack

San Rafael, CA

#8 Apr 23, 2009
The dude looks like Charles Manson.... creepy dude...

“Photographer”

Since: Apr 08

San Rafael & Mill Valley

#9 Apr 23, 2009
Charles Manson anyone? The supremely BAD choices people make about their supposed beaus... Did this Chet Killer have any friends even? Was he know in Susalito as a crazy Manson lookalike?
manson

San Jose, CA

#10 Apr 23, 2009
you know what, he does look like Manson and she looks like that movie star (can't think of her name) that Manson's group killed.

It shows you that Sausalito is all smoke and mirrors and a lot of duct tape keeping that place together.
Sherie

Santa Clara, CA

#11 Apr 23, 2009
What a freak. He needs to be put away for life! Looks like Charles Manson.
He's prolly a drunk and drug abuser. Avril looked like a pretty lady. Wonder why she was with such a scumbag?

“"We can agree to disagree"”

Since: Apr 09

Los Angeles

#12 Apr 23, 2009
Papai wrote:
Charles Manson anyone? The supremely BAD choices people make about their supposed beaus... Did this Chet Killer have any friends even? Was he know in Susalito as a crazy Manson lookalike?
Yes he had friends. And all of us down here have jobs, careers, own our own homes and aren't drugged out zombies...and we would have helped him had we known where the heck he was. Look, I don't know what the heck happened to him in the last year or two, but he wasn't some psychotic Charles Manson lookalike when he left here.

I think the first poster has it right. Whatever dark rabbit hole the two of them slid into led straight to a very tragic situation for all.

A woman is dead, lives are ruined and all you can say is "they should get a newer picture of her, so we can see what the meth did". What a pathetic loser the person that said that is.
Wow

United States

#13 Apr 23, 2009
I drove by the scene Saturday night around 8pm. There was roughly 5-6 vehicles in the center lane. Went by around midnight as well, the cars were still out there. Didn't know at the time what happened. That's too bad

“"We can agree to disagree"”

Los Angeles

#14 Apr 23, 2009
And another thing, when you see someone that obviously needs help, it seems your "community" sat on it's collective butts in your ivory towers and did nothing. How sad it must be to live life like that...

In our community (Venice Beach), we help that person. It's called compassion and might very well have saved this woman's life. I hope all of you sleep well tonight.

Marin County, CA

#15 Apr 23, 2009
Rather than condemning everybody and everything right now, what do you say we wait for the toxicology reports?
Anti Drugs

Vallejo, CA

#17 Apr 23, 2009
Hold the Nuts wrote:
Very tragic and what dark bunny hole did he and she slide down that this was the result? People in Marin constantly over use the word community but where was the "community" when these two needed help. Obviously at home in their over priced homes relating to others on forums rather than in person. This murder is a result of a very sick society.
I could not agree with you more. It is called in my book, the "Marin om me me me ka-ching" flavor of hypocritical culture. IMO self-styled, "borrowed" for a fad, transcendental "i'm soooo enlightened" facades - and when real people REALLY need help, like for years, clearly drugs of some sort not only alcohol involved, when the real work is to be done, the "om me me me ka-ching" crowd slithers away. Puke.
John

Santa Rosa, CA

#18 Apr 23, 2009
manson wrote:
you know what, he does look like Manson and she looks like that movie star (can't think of her name) that Manson's group killed.
It shows you that Sausalito is all smoke and mirrors and a lot of duct tape keeping that place together.
Sharon Tate
bridge to somewhere

United States

#19 Apr 23, 2009
This tragic event has nothing to do with Sausalito, Venice Beach, or anywhere in particular. Domestic violence fueled by severe depression and drugs, including alcohol, are a daily occurence in all communities rich and poor.

You can attempt to intervene but we have something called freedom and its accompanying right to be left alone even to go down a rabbit hole.

too many judgemental people around
just be sad for both of these individuals and their families.
94901guy

San Rafael, CA

#20 Apr 23, 2009
Awwww, he's so cute. He just needs a treatment program so that he can get in touch with his feelings. He probably had a difficult childhood. He is not responsible.
Not Fade Away

San Francisco, CA

#21 Apr 23, 2009
manson wrote:
You know what? It doesn't, actually.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sausalito Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Apr 21 Fitus T Bluster 20,971
Trump War Promises Apr 19 Lanced 3
Beautiful Richmond,ca (Mar '08) Apr 15 luv2live10 30
News Keith Kim: Oakland fire landlorda s rollercoast... Mar 30 Oaklandish 1
News My Word: Richmond's impeachment vote just makes... Mar '17 A Thought 3
News Pot for pets: Owners treat sick animals with ca... Mar '17 Fred 1
News In-depth: Marijuana equity in the "Green Rush" Feb '17 eye dint say dat 1

Sausalito Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sausalito Mortgages