Daves Diner to Charge for Water!
just me

Utica, NY

#32 May 5, 2013
A lot of diners charge for bottled water because if they serve tap water, someone always bitches about the taste. If Dave gets his water from the Authority then most of you on that system know how crappy it tastes. It costs just as much to serve water as it does soft drink, labor-wise. On top of that, how many of you jerks want lemon in it. Next time bring your own water from home.
wut

Moravia, NY

#33 May 5, 2013
utica water is delicious. worth every cent.
utica forum

Carthage, NY

#34 May 5, 2013
Kelly wrote:
Yep, you heard it here, folks..........our Dave from the Schuyler diner is now going to charge for freakn WATER!!! We were standing in line & we heard him tell some customer who asked for water, that he was going to start charging for it! Really, Dave? Guess this family will drive down the road to Digristinas for our ice cream!
abuse of a business that has a lot of customers
Luv you Cliffy

Blossvale, NY

#35 May 5, 2013
just me wrote:
A lot of diners charge for bottled water because if they serve tap water, someone always bitches about the taste. If Dave gets his water from the Authority then most of you on that system know how crappy it tastes. It costs just as much to serve water as it does soft drink, labor-wise. On top of that, how many of you jerks want lemon in it. Next time bring your own water from home.
SCREW YOU!
Disgusted

Caldwell, NJ

#36 May 5, 2013
Many places charge for water now. I suggest you step out of your little world in Utica and venture somewhere.
utica forum

Carthage, NY

#37 May 5, 2013
Disgusted wrote:
Many places charge for water now. I suggest you step out of your little world in Utica and venture somewhere.
so that means when i get sic from the utica water i can sue
Disgusting

Bristol, CT

#38 May 5, 2013
utica forum wrote:
<quoted text>so that means when i get sic from the utica water i can sue
Can you sue someone that serves a meal that makes you sick? Would you not sue if the water was free? Typical Utican.
Sorry

Brattleboro, VT

#39 May 5, 2013
The family that owns that place thinks they are Gods gift to the area. Hopefully he charges for water. Who makes the drive to that rat hole anyways?
Revisionist

United States

#40 May 5, 2013
Not that unusual to be charged for water.

Hey, some people bitch because they want to be able to walk into ANY bank and get change or even cash a check "because it's a bank." Sorry, life doesn't work that way. It's a business, not a free service for the public.

Water is not free to the business and neither is the glass they serve it in or the help that brings it to you. How about if that's the only thing a "customer" wants? Water and bathroom.

YOU get to choose not to visit any place with which you don't agree.
Mikey

Fayetteville, NY

#41 May 5, 2013
Next week you'll have to pay for air if you want to breath while you wait for water
a Utican

Carthage, NY

#42 May 5, 2013
utica forum wrote:
<quoted text>abuse of a business that has a lot of customers
You should have said "HAD" a lot of customers.

Too many people have got disappointed in their meals and since there are plenty of other restaurants in Utica, have left and spent there money in different places.

We all work too hard for our money - why waste it on food that is not worth the money you paid for it.
lol wut

Waltham, MA

#43 May 5, 2013
Utica water. I'd tap dat.
a Utican

Carthage, NY

#44 May 5, 2013
Revisionist wrote:
Not that unusual to be charged for water.
Hey, some people bitch because they want to be able to walk into ANY bank and get change or even cash a check "because it's a bank." Sorry, life doesn't work that way. It's a business, not a free service for the public.
Water is not free to the business and neither is the glass they serve it in or the help that brings it to you. How about if that's the only thing a "customer" wants? Water and bathroom.
YOU get to choose not to visit any place with which you don't agree.
We are NOT talking about high class restaurants - Dave's Diner is exactly what it says - a DINER.

Dave built this business on good food, cheaper prices on his ice cream, and he bent over backwards to please his customers. He holds Car Night on Tuesday evening which is a draw for many that have restored older cars and the muscle cars for years ago. He also pays for a DJ to play Country Music records - all resulting in huge crowds. On Thursday nights, it is Bike night with the same DJ and same crowds.

My personal opinion is that Dave is NOT aware of what goes on with this new "cook" and his attitude and his lack of cooking skills. Hopefully, Dave will be told about this thread on Topix and put an end to what is causing his business to have fewer customers.
well

Manlius, NY

#46 May 5, 2013
a Utican wrote:
<quoted text>We are NOT talking about high class restaurants - Dave's Diner is exactly what it says - a DINER.
Dave built this business on good food, cheaper prices on his ice cream, and he bent over backwards to please his customers. He holds Car Night on Tuesday evening which is a draw for many that have restored older cars and the muscle cars for years ago. He also pays for a DJ to play Country Music records - all resulting in huge crowds. On Thursday nights, it is Bike night with the same DJ and same crowds.
My personal opinion is that Dave is NOT aware of what goes on with this new "cook" and his attitude and his lack of cooking skills. Hopefully, Dave will be told about this thread on Topix and put an end to what is causing his business to have fewer customers.
YOU dopes on topix give yourself way TOO much credit, Dave doesn't care what YOU think.
A Fan

Gouverneur, NY

#48 May 5, 2013
hungry fish eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya ok your probably frank the crappy cook
Crappy cook AND Wal-Mart cashier??!!! LOL!
A Fan

Gouverneur, NY

#49 May 5, 2013
lol wut wrote:
Utica water. I'd tap dat.
FUNNY! I like it!
boorish

New York, NY

#51 May 6, 2013
Mikey wrote:
Next week you'll have to pay for air if you want to breath while you wait for water
in one way, shape or form, you already do pay for air. Clean air anyway.
Amber

Utica, NY

#55 May 6, 2013
I know that Dave goes thru and FIRES most of the staff at one point or another. Ask Jackie.
Utican

Carthage, NY

#56 May 7, 2013
Amber wrote:
I know that Dave goes thru and FIRES most of the staff at one point or another. Ask Jackie.
Was the previous Cook (a female) fired also? If so, Dave made a big mistake in letting her go as she always cooked everything to perfection.

I use to bring my friends and members of my family to eat at Dave's Diner because of the great food prepared by her.

With this new cook -"Frank", I no longer do this.
Local

Syracuse, NY

#58 May 7, 2013
I am an idiot ? Your response doesn't even make sense. If someone who would be.... ha ha ha They teach english in more the first grade dumbass. Who said I was a buddy ? I just said they run the place well, and are good people. I guess you were a blue bus regular.
Swing wrote:
<quoted text> That is not the response if someone who would be his buddy you clueless idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sauquoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danfoss' BIG BAD ELEVEN WELFARE JOBS!! 2 min Corruption 4
David Gordon Brillant with Keeler in the mornin... (Oct '15) 3 min bluelightbandit 210
ed welsh has been riding dirty 13 min bluelightbandit 10
Cover up at OCJ 25 min Hiding behind a b... 28
free FOOD SOWBOON STARVES PUPPIES 42 min MARIOPUSS E FEM V... 3
uneducated ]\[lGGERS THINK THERE ARE NANO FACTO... 43 min MARIOPUSS E FEM V... 5
where ARE THE MASSIVE # OF AFRICAS INVISIBLE F... 44 min MARIOPUSS E FEM V... 4

Sauquoit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sauquoit Mortgages