GHR

Syracuse, NY

#1 Mar 7, 2013
In a recent OD article, it stated that 45% of Oneida County residents receive some form of government assistance. 45%!! Time to clean house in any and all future elections. Serious replies appreciated.
Yep

Camillus, NY

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Vote current county legislator David Gordon for Utica Mayor in the next election. He is young, energetic, and will bring positive change to Utica!!
truth is known

Utica, NY

#3 Mar 8, 2013
Yep wrote:
Vote current county legislator David Gordon for Utica Mayor in the next election. He is young, energetic, and will bring positive change to Utica!!
What is his background and what type of experience does he have to take over running the City's finances?

His name does not ring any bells with me.
Unknown

Syracuse, NY

#4 Mar 8, 2013
Who ? What is his profession ? Don't say attorney.
dummypants

United States

#5 Mar 8, 2013
Who cares what his experience is. The most important thing is that his name deoas not end in a vowel, which is the first step in the right direction.
Freebie the Bean

Verona, NY

#6 Mar 8, 2013
dummypants wrote:
Who cares what his experience is. The most important thing is that his name deoas not end in a vowel, which is the first step in the right direction.
Thats why he will never be elected to mayor. These oootica ginnys only vote their fellow ginnys in office, whether they're qualified or not.
GHR

Syracuse, NY

#7 Mar 8, 2013
Freebie the Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats why he will never be elected to mayor. These oootica ginnys only vote their fellow ginnys in office, whether they're qualified or not.
What about Hanna and Pawlinga?
Freebie the Bean

Verona, NY

#8 Mar 8, 2013
Hanna got elected each time by fronting his own money...no matter what it costs him. Pawlinga was a lawyer and bag man for Rufie for alot of years. I remember in the 70's when Lapolla beat Pawlinga in the Dem. primary. In an OD article Rufie told the paper he put over $50K of his money to get Pawlinga reelected. Rufie was pissed that the voters rejected his boy in the primary. Pawlinga only did what the party bosses told him to do.
GHR

Syracuse, NY

#9 Mar 8, 2013
Freebie the Bean wrote:
Hanna got elected each time by fronting his own money...no matter what it costs him. Pawlinga was a lawyer and bag man for Rufie for alot of years. I remember in the 70's when Lapolla beat Pawlinga in the Dem. primary. In an OD article Rufie told the paper he put over $50K of his money to get Pawlinga reelected. Rufie was pissed that the voters rejected his boy in the primary. Pawlinga only did what the party bosses told him to do.
My point was it's not "ginnys" as you put it. Hanna was of Arab decent and Pawlinga was Polish.
truth is known

Utica, NY

#10 Mar 8, 2013
dummypants wrote:
You have an IQ of LESS than 10!
truth is known

Utica, NY

#11 Mar 8, 2013
Remember one thing - there are alot MORE of us (the Voters) than there are the political bosses.

If everyone would learn to vote for our next Mayor based on his/her qualifications rather than political connections, we can finally get someone to turn our City back to what it use to be,

No more voting for who you "like"; vote for the qualifications FIRST.
Public Parasite Paradise

Cranbury, NJ

#12 Mar 8, 2013
truth is known wrote:
Remember one thing - there are alot MORE of us (the Voters) than there are the political bosses.
If everyone would learn to vote for our next Mayor based on his/her qualifications rather than political connections, we can finally get someone to turn our City back to what it use to be,
In order to have done that at any time within the last 40 years, you'd have had to have had a candidate withing the last 40 that could tie his shoe. Public Life upstate only attracts nondoers and cheesy unmotivated lawyers. You deserve this, it's what you deserve for forgetting education the last 25 years. And no, I do not consider a diploma from ND, NH Wboro or Proctard a real diploma. Anyone who talks to youth can tell in 3 sentences that the kids upstate are all potatoes. Nothing will change. The best people all left the Idiocracy to it's own broken corrupt and angry devices. I say it's deserved.
The Cretin

New Hartford, NY

#13 Mar 8, 2013
Public Parasite Paradise wrote:
<quoted text>In order to have done that at any time within the last 40 years, you'd have had to have had a candidate withing the last 40 that could tie his shoe. Public Life upstate only attracts nondoers and cheesy unmotivated lawyers. You deserve this, it's what you deserve for forgetting education the last 25 years. And no, I do not consider a diploma from ND, NH Wboro or Proctard a real diploma. Anyone who talks to youth can tell in 3 sentences that the kids upstate are all potatoes. Nothing will change. The best people all left the Idiocracy to it's own broken corrupt and angry devices. I say it's deserved.
I say it's..........Cretin!
And

Camillus, NY

#14 Mar 8, 2013
truth is known wrote:
To be Mayor of Utica you must live in the City and can not be a resident of a neighboring town. This limits those with qualifications from the start. It is difficult to be a candidate unless you have the political connections. I guess someone could start run under their own political party but the Democrat Party Leadership will select who they want to support/run for office and the Republicans will do the same...
Revisionist

Clinton, NY

#15 Mar 8, 2013
GHR wrote:
In a recent OD article, it stated that 45% of Oneida County residents receive some form of government assistance. 45%!! Time to clean house in any and all future elections. Serious replies appreciated.
Where's the information coming from? Sounds way too high. I've seen 10% as a figure but not 45%. Do you have a link to the article?
Poverty R Us

Camillus, NY

#16 Mar 9, 2013
Revisionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the information coming from? Sounds way too high. I've seen 10% as a figure but not 45%. Do you have a link to the article?
Here is an excerpt from his state of the county address:

"A fiscally sound, strong, efficient government means we can better serve the people who are in the most need of Government’s help. There are Oneida County citizens who are hurting, who need the services and help, which we as a society and a government can provide. The numbers you see reflected on the handout at your tables, and many more like them, show the extent of what we face every day. During 2012, 110,000 people came to our Department of Social Services in search of help. For anyone trying to do the math in their head, that number is equal to more than 45% of the population of Oneida County. Our food stamp caseload is 17,309 people, up 7.8 percent from just two years ago."

http://www.google.com/url...
The Cretin

New Hartford, NY

#17 Mar 9, 2013
Public Parasite Paradise wrote:
<quoted text>In order to have done that at any time within the last 40 years, you'd have had to have had a candidate withing the last 40 that could tie his shoe. Public Life upstate only attracts nondoers and cheesy unmotivated lawyers. You deserve this, it's what you deserve for forgetting education the last 25 years. And no, I do not consider a diploma from ND, NH Wboro or Proctard a real diploma. Anyone who talks to youth can tell in 3 sentences that the kids upstate are all potatoes. Nothing will change. The best people all left the Idiocracy to it's own broken corrupt and angry devices. I say it's deserved.
Through a successful Cretin identification strategy, it is clear that Cretin can not have anything remotely resembling a job. It takes just 15 minutes every 8 hours or so to find him posting on virtually every thread on Topix non-stop and spewing nothing but hate under always changing names and addresses - he's even registered now. He must truly be on his "'puter" or Obama phone 24/7. After all, he's..........Cretin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sauquoit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wives who support their husbands 13 min takes 2 6
Utica's biggest crook,,Judge Romano Clark. 25 min Chuck 3
why CANT THAT RASH FAT SLOB FINGERS PROVE IT LI... 28 min Oh Yeah 15
Has Anybody Seen Rainbow? 29 min Chuck 14
Mike Cotrupe I know where you hid that money (Apr '13) 37 min Tito 41
Frack not Nano idiots 37 min Actions speak louder 7
Is Charlie Shove....... 40 min doripoo 7
Sauquoit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web