Sault Tribe starts 2008 election process

Sault Tribe starts 2008 election process

There are 1 comment on the SooToday story from Feb 1, 2008, titled Sault Tribe starts 2008 election process. In it, SooToday reports that:

NEWS RELEASE SAULT STE. MARIE TRIBE OF CHIPPEWA INDIANS ************************* Notice of election released SAULT STE. via SooToday

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SooToday.

Dr Martin Reinhardt

Arvada, CO

#1 Feb 18, 2008
Boozhoo,
I am a citizen of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians. As a citizen of this Anishinaabe Ojibway First Nation, I take great pride in our Tribe and encourage others to do the same. During this election year, many of the candidates will make campaign promises in their attempts to persuade the citizenry to cast our votes in their support. Many will claim to be the greatest hope for the future of our Tribe. Many will tell you that they represent much needed change in our tribal society. Few will present us with evidence of successful leadership from a traditional Ojibway cultural perspective. Fewer still will be able to stand up in front of us all and state, with the confidence that comes from living in a good way, that they are going to put the needs and interests of the people ahead of their own wants and desires. I propose to you that John "Jack" Biron is such an individual. I encourage you to make your ballot count by voting for someone who has served our society as a warrior, a blue-collar worker, a traditional dancer, and as a role model for how to care for family and community.
Miigwech,
Martin Reinhardt, Ph.D.
Visit Jack's campaign blog at:
http://johnbiron.blogspot.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sault Ste. Marie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ontario, Michigan Saults send water message to ... Jun 7 Lake 1
Sault Ste. Marie Music Forum (Dec '12) Apr '17 Musikologist 15
News Note with vignette of the right location (but f... Apr '17 Cash 1
News The Federal Reserve's missed mandate: jobs Apr '17 Cash 1
News Study: More and more college students are tryin... Apr '17 how do officers t... 1
News Baloney Meter: Is Michigan a threat to economic... Jan '17 same as Pacific 1
News Larry Chabot's Twelve True Soo Tales (Oct '16) Oct '16 looking back 1

Sault Ste. Marie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sault Ste. Marie Mortgages