Sault Tribe starts 2008 election process

Feb 1, 2008 Full story: SooToday

NEWS RELEASE SAULT STE. MARIE TRIBE OF CHIPPEWA INDIANS ************************* Notice of election released SAULT STE. via SooToday

Full Story
Dr Martin Reinhardt

Broomfield, CO

#1 Feb 18, 2008
Boozhoo,
I am a citizen of the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians. As a citizen of this Anishinaabe Ojibway First Nation, I take great pride in our Tribe and encourage others to do the same. During this election year, many of the candidates will make campaign promises in their attempts to persuade the citizenry to cast our votes in their support. Many will claim to be the greatest hope for the future of our Tribe. Many will tell you that they represent much needed change in our tribal society. Few will present us with evidence of successful leadership from a traditional Ojibway cultural perspective. Fewer still will be able to stand up in front of us all and state, with the confidence that comes from living in a good way, that they are going to put the needs and interests of the people ahead of their own wants and desires. I propose to you that John "Jack" Biron is such an individual. I encourage you to make your ballot count by voting for someone who has served our society as a warrior, a blue-collar worker, a traditional dancer, and as a role model for how to care for family and community.
Miigwech,
Martin Reinhardt, Ph.D.
Visit Jack's campaign blog at:
http://johnbiron.blogspot.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sault Ste. Marie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does $600,000 worth of weed look like, any... Oct 20 street value maybe 1
Overnight impaired charges reported Oct 19 at Canada Customs 1
looking for info on Black Forest Motel Batchawa... (Jun '09) Sep 27 sonja futerman 11
Significant rainfall expected for Wednesday Sep 25 Timmons has seen ... 1
On This Day in U.P. Weather History: August 27 Sep '14 Sneaky Pete 2
SIU clears city police in collision Sep '14 Sneaky Pete 2
Novi residents riding in DALMAC tour Sep '14 ORBS in other places 1

Sault Ste. Marie Jobs

Sault Ste. Marie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sault Ste. Marie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sault Ste. Marie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]