New no-smoking frontier: condos and a...

New no-smoking frontier: condos and apartments

There are 2 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Feb 7, 2007, titled New no-smoking frontier: condos and apartments. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

After retiree Judy Wilson moved from Georgia back to her hometown of Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., in 1997, life was sweet: Fresh air, beautiful scenery, quiet neighbors.A year later, a heavy smoker moved in across ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

RJ Reynolds

United States

#1 Feb 8, 2007
Smokers have been getting away with murder long enough. These foul smelling addicts with their yellow fingers and nicotine stained teeth billowing clouds of lethal second hand smoke as they puff their way to an early grave need to quit before the cost of their infirmities bankrupts our economy. Outlawing smoking in apartment buildings and condominiums is a good first step. Better health while they still live, cleaner air for their neighbors, and higher resale values for their heirs. Sounds like a plan!
Brenda

Medina, OH

#2 Jul 12, 2007
It's not right to take their rights away to smoke IF THEY respect non-smokers property. I live next to smokers, NEVER had an issue with smokers. Now while they want to keep their place smoke free and away from their kid, they come out on their patio and it all blows into mine. It's rudeness like this that really makes the case strong against them. I'd like to have my home smoke free, after all I'm not the smoker. Let them keep it in their own home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sault Ste. Marie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Baloney Meter: Is Michigan a threat to economic... Jan '17 same as Pacific 1
News Larry Chabot's Twelve True Soo Tales Oct '16 looking back 1
News Energy minister explains why Sault not eligible... Oct '16 he full of it 1
News Police search for suspects after car hits cruis... Sep '16 the stupids 1
News Good news, bad news for Huron-SuperiorLiteracy ... Sep '16 want more immigrants 1
News Author John Smolens to visit Bayliss Library Sep '16 Field of Dreams 1
News 150 inmates moved out of U.P. prison after prot... Sep '16 hmmm 1

Sault Ste. Marie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sault Ste. Marie Mortgages