Michigan Soo approves location for Su...

Michigan Soo approves location for Super Wal-Mart

There are 13 comments on the SooToday story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Michigan Soo approves location for Super Wal-Mart. In it, SooToday reports that:

Construction is scheduled to start this summer on a new Super Wal-Mart in the Michgan Soo. via SooToday

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SooToday.

Falcon John

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#1 May 7, 2008
When and where? I heard other rumours about Lowes, Target etc coming as well. How much of its true or its just Rumour. I would like to see Toyota or Honda dealer in town.
Disgusted

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#2 May 7, 2008
Yea, it's purchases like that that lead us to the downturn in the state's economy as a whole!!!!

BUY AMERICAN!!!!
Bob Burns

Kunming, China

#3 May 7, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
Yea, it's purchases like that that lead us to the downturn in the state's economy as a whole!!!!
BUY AMERICAN!!!!
You're welcome to boycott it. You can make your cloths at home
roznovsky nick

Traverse City, MI

#4 May 10, 2008
Is there going to be anymore chain restarants such as a olive garden, tgi fridays, etc. I would also like to see a mall or another shopping center in town....this area needs more jobs and this town could use a new look
roznovsky nick

Traverse City, MI

#5 May 10, 2008
I live in sault ste marie, mi and I hope that this bio dome project comes to town it would boost the the economy for the soo and it is a great thing for familys...let's get this city moving and more exciting
mark

Indio, CA

#6 Jul 15, 2008
I am a heavy equipment operator seeking employment would like to know who the contractors are doing the construction?? Does anyone know??My e-mail is [email protected]
mark

Indio, CA

#7 Jul 15, 2008
I grew up in the soo..
john doe

Brimley, MI

#8 Aug 13, 2008
lowe's is comming to the soo
jane doe

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#9 Nov 5, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
BUY AMERICAN!!!!
How does creating more jobs in our area negatively affect our economy? It's bringing much needed jobs to a severely disadvantaged area. Even when you buy American, you're buying foreign! Find me everything you need to live on a daily basis that does not have parts made overseas. It's impossible and implausible, it's not the 50's anymore, we have a global economy now. Thinking like yours is exactly what has been keeping the soo down. We need more in this town to attract more residents, tourists, and college students. If we have nothing to offer them, people will not come here and spend their money which boosts our local economy. Student enrollment at LSSU has been on a downslide for years, there's nothing for students to do here! Now with the borders harder to cross it makes it less exciting to be in a border town and cross to shop and sightsee. We need more state side. I say WalMart is a good thing, we need more big names to come here!
mike49715

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#10 Nov 12, 2008
to john doe, what makes you think lowes is coming to the soo, i havent heard any thing, even rumors, i would love to see a red lobster or menards come here,
jpxmom

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#11 Jan 9, 2009
I agree... I think you should buy the best product dispite where its from!
Eli Playter

Mississauga, Canada

#12 Jan 30, 2011
Hi,
Just wondering whether Sault Michigan's downtown recovered from the opening of the Walmart or if there's still a lot of boarded-up storefronts? I was through a number of times in the early/mid 90's and it always struck me what potential there is in the city
TIA
Eli
CecilRhodes

New Baltimore, MI

#13 Jan 30, 2011
Nothing good can come of this. Traditionally, stores like these attract an unsavory element...Mexicans, welfare cases, drug addicts, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sault Ste. Marie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News RCMP lay charges in St. Joe's human smuggling a... Jul '17 Bridge or Boat 1
News Ontario, Michigan Saults send water message to ... Jun '17 Lake 1
Sault Ste. Marie Music Forum (Dec '12) Apr '17 Musikologist 15
News Note with vignette of the right location (but f... Apr '17 Cash 1
News The Federal Reserve's missed mandate: jobs Apr '17 Cash 1
News Study: More and more college students are tryin... Apr '17 how do officers t... 1
News Baloney Meter: Is Michigan a threat to economic... (Jan '17) Jan '17 same as Pacific 1

Sault Ste. Marie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sault Ste. Marie Mortgages