Sault Area Hospital cuts St. Joseph I...

Sault Area Hospital cuts St. Joseph Island, Thessalon lab services

There are 4 comments on the SooToday story from Feb 2, 2012, titled Sault Area Hospital cuts St. Joseph Island, Thessalon lab services. In it, SooToday reports that:

NEWS RELEASE ONTARIO HEALTH COALITION *************************** Laboratory service cuts for seniors and residents of rural Algoma, Northern Ontario "bizarre": Health Coalitiion ALGOMA - Under budget constraints, and forced to make cutbacks, the Sault Area Hospital axed laboratory services on St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SooToday.

to hot

Blind River, Canada

#1 Feb 17, 2012
I, along with many other citizens are tired of hearing how good our medical system is in Canada. We have some of the best medical staff in the country and yet they can't do their jobs because of cut backs.
We have a lot of senior people as well as people with financial issues and this loss of service will only add to those burdens.
Shame on you people who make these decisions.

Since: Oct 11

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#2 Mar 6, 2012
And we were looking at moving to the town of Richards Landing...not so sure now
john doe

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#3 Apr 12, 2012
budget constraints and forced to make cutbacks......all smoke and mirrors for what Augusto Palombi's (Board President of the SAH)plans are. He wants to get rid of those hospitals but doing so would bring an uproar....wouldnt it?. So instead He cuts the funding and forces them out, so you live on St. Joseph Island and you have a heart attack.....too bad now you have to drive to the Sault. Does this not raise question among everyone?, does anyone not care what is happening? This guy is getting paid $650,000 a year for this stuff and I wanna know who is paying him to do it. Did anyone know that this Augusto Palombi is a Lawyer? sence when is a hospital under the control of a lawyer?. This all sounds and looks like a scandal, cover up, money making scheme to me and I will not rest untill it is uncovered.
Dennis

Winnipeg, Canada

#4 Jul 8, 2013
Any politician or bureaucrat that suggests having people drive, or be driven,half an hour or more, to the Sault when both St Joe's and Thessalon have local hospital access is out of their gourd. If these hospitals took on new duties like lab work productivity would increase without leaving their primary duty at risk.In fact I would suggest that some things that may not be critical but take up a lot of time in the Soo could be managed on the island or in Thessalon. Having an MRI in one of those communities, doing cataract surgery etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sault Ste. Marie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sault Fire Services meeting expectations, says ... 4 hr Fridge started fire 1
News Court deadline looms over Robinson Huron annuit... Sep 13 bob 1
John Bowen an old Chippewa Indian artist (Dec '11) Sep 5 PJS 8
News Ugly? Hardly. This Ontario train trip showcases... Aug '17 Sue 1
News OLG pays $389,282 to the SaultThe Ontario Lotte... Jul '17 easy with slots cash 3
News Ontario making criminal justice system faster a... Jul '17 Really 1
News Weekend Wine: Wine-making memories Jul '17 they just know wo... 1

Sault Ste. Marie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sault Ste. Marie Mortgages