City Budget - My Perspective

Apr 14, 2012 Full story: SooToday

The average tax payer in Sault Ste Marie will experience a 2.42 % increase this year.

Read more
Monsokan

Thunder Bay, Canada

#1 Apr 15, 2012
That is not bad to pay this much municipal tax i.e. "The average tax payer in Sault Ste Marie will experience a 2.42 % increase this year." Which will mean $29,000.00 times by 2.42/$701.80. This is what you will pay if you make 29 thousand dollars. In the US. The going rate for all taxes is 20.0. Let us say you make 29 thousand dollars times 20.0/5,800 dollars of 29 thousand dollars. You would take home 23800 dollars home. Our going rate in Canada is more like 29.0.
hello

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#2 Apr 15, 2012
That's all that I hear from everyone's mouth is "its not that much" but come on, we have taxes coming off our checks that should have been gone after WW1 yet here they are still here. People are too concerned with how much the hike will be aside from why is it here, what will it be used for and how much is actually needed. You have to remember that the people raising our taxes have nothing but time and they have alot of it, 2.42% from one person isn't that much but multiply that by how many people will be hiked and get your final number, now where is that money going?, do they need that much? is it really going to what is said?, is it really that much?. They can use it to build roads but tell you that the road cost 200% more then it actually does. People have to start doing they're own research rather then believe what someone writes in a forum. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH EVERYONE PLEASE!
hello

Sault Sainte Marie, Canada

#3 Apr 15, 2012
And no Television does not tell you the whole truth.....EVER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sault Ste. Marie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Someone's getting burned Mar 22 Adam 1
News Sault Ste. Marie official resigns amid child po... Mar 22 Adam 1
sean stiles Mar 18 just wondering 1
William K. Thompson(2-17-76)...His Secrets!!!! (Nov '13) Mar 15 he got u good 5
obituary Mar 8 janet 1
Sean Feb '15 Sneaky Pete 2
News Chief questions Ontario's commitment to treaties Feb '15 periled 1
More from around the web

Sault Ste. Marie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE