Why The New Progress Party LOST THEIR OWN ELECTION

Posted in the Sauk Village Forum

Since: Oct 08

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 8, 2011
Don't hate Elemental - And make sure you have some FACTS to base your accusations on next time...

Since: Oct 08

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 8, 2011
Oh, and be sure to check out the actual photo of their own campaign literature they sent out with DEMOCRATES on it - Since you asked...You will find it in the SAUK VILLAGE PHOTOS section of Topix. Have a BLESSED DAY !
PLEASE

Harvey, IL

#3 Apr 8, 2011
People now this is a new page? GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY! DAMN!It's over. Go cover some real news in the world. Educate us on real world affairs. What's happening in Japan. What youth programs can we begin expecting this summer. Let that crap go, enough already. You are gonna lose the good people we tired of it.

Since: Oct 08

Manhattan, IL

#4 Apr 8, 2011
Oh, so NOW you're tired of it, right? I'll say it like this.

As a KID, did you ever notice after you took the stick, whacked the Hornet's Nest a few times, and the hornets inside started buzzing loudly, then you whacked the hornet's nest AGAIN to see what would happen? Then all the hornets came out of the hornet's nest and stung you numerous times?

Some people NEVER learn their lesson...Don't whack the hornet's nest, and you won't get repeatedly stung...

Since: Dec 10

Oak Forest, IL

#5 Apr 8, 2011
@ Please----

Why would you endeavor to come to the Topix Page that focuses on Sauk Village to find news occurring across the world, as you stated or world affairs?

If that is your area of interest, Topix has global pages as well. Tune your radar to "What's happening in Japan," or your other areas of interest.

Your later query has great validity. Come to a Board meeting once the new trustees are seated and ask the question about the youth. I'd like to hear the plans and provide assistance as well.

Since: Oct 08

Manhattan, IL

#6 Apr 8, 2011
I apologize to everyone else here, but it was my sincere hope that Elemental in the "Which party do you support" forum would let things go, as well as all of the other opposition supporters would, and move forward. Obviously, this wasn't the case...

So I was forced to this so that the undeserved, unfounded, unprovoked, and untrue bashing of Barb Dorman and The Southland Voice would cease. I have to say for the record, it wasn't like I didn't warn them. But like I said, some people just want to keep whacking the hornet's nest.

SO, for the last time, if they are done, I go away. Pure and simple. Otherwise, I have PLENTY more stuff to start posting here in TOPIX, to further demonstrate their ignorance. I just hoped that we'd be past this by now, but like I said, the opposition and their supporters don't seem to feel that way.

I'm with you Adamo...The Pride was voted by the people back into Sauk Village...now it's time to work on the Progress...
Benson is a Funny Man

Elmwood Park, IL

#7 Apr 12, 2011
Is that a clip-on tie Lil' D? Like the money clip he had hanging from his belt on his FB page? God Bless Pride and Progress and GOODBYE CITY POLITICOS!!!!!!!!!!
throw up

Harvey, IL

#8 Apr 13, 2011
# Sauk Village Voice blow whatever you have to say plenty of out you ___ no one cares!Tell it to Joe. Good bye now and forever.

Since: Oct 08

Chicago, IL

#9 Apr 14, 2011
The Hornets are buzzing loudly...
throw up wrote:
# Sauk Village Voice blow whatever you have to say plenty of out you ___ no one cares!Tell it to Joe. Good bye now and forever.
bernhop

Harvey, IL

#10 Apr 17, 2011
You did not like the color of our skin and therefore you wouldn't even try to listen to what we were trying to tell you. You made jokes but,I hope you can manage to smile when you get that nice increase in your water bill for the same filthy water and as we all try to pay back a possible 2.2 million dollar loan to repair a backup "well" that was shut down because it was dangerously contaminated with vinyl chloride (a known potent cancer causing agent)and who knows what else. You know what, you keep joking but as long as I am here I am going to keep fighting for what is right and against what is wrong.
A New Progress Party Member and Proud of it!
bernhop

Harvey, IL

#11 Apr 17, 2011
Benson is a Funny Man wrote:
Is that a clip-on tie Lil' D? Like the money clip he had hanging from his belt on his FB page? God Bless Pride and Progress and GOODBYE CITY POLITICOS!!!!!!!!!!
Trustee Benson is maybe a little too honest and direct in his opinions but he fights for the village, as does Trustee Anderson. But most people are afraid because the two traits I listed above are ingredients not often found in politics. Trustee Benson is a fighter and let's not give up on him but more than that 'I hope he doesn't give up on us'!

As for young Mr. Thomas (Lil D) I believe he would have helped us all to reconnect with our village youth. We could really use some new idea's cause it is obvious that the old ones are not working..
Bellhop

Chicago, IL

#12 Apr 18, 2011
Trustees Benson and Anderson seem to be well-educated and articulate but that never translated to good public service for the residents of Sauk Village. On the other hand , Towers has always maintained his clueless demeanor throughout his term. Funny how some are blind to this.
Free Louie

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 18, 2011
bernhop wrote:
<quoted text>
Trustee Benson is maybe a little too honest and direct in his opinions but he fights for the village, as does Trustee Anderson. But most people are afraid because the two traits I listed above are ingredients not often found in politics. Trustee Benson is a fighter and let's not give up on him but more than that 'I hope he doesn't give up on us'!
As for young Mr. Thomas (Lil D) I believe he would have helped us all to reconnect with our village youth. We could really use some new idea's cause it is obvious that the old ones are not working..
Bernhop, it would only take a background check from each of them so that they may continue "fighting" for our village. The majority of Sauk Village voters did not believe their promises. Now in order to "show" residents their intelligence and honesty, I believe they should volunteer their time to successfully bring about the youth programs they so "intelligently" fought for but could not get funding for. After all, the Honorable Mayor Lewis Towers is still in charge of the Parks & Recreations program, has $35,000 to spend towards youth programs and can appoint whomever he pleases to volunteer for this committee. I am sure he would be in agreement with your opinions of Benson, Anderson, Washington and Thompson and with all the brain power these individuals have, they should be a mighty force to be reckoned with!!!! If you present this strong argument to Mayor Towers, I am sure he would take you up on this suggestion!!!

Since: Oct 08

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 18, 2011
Well Bernhop, the color of your skin has NOTHING to do with your qualifications - for those spoke loudly enough on their own. And so we set the record straight, who was it at your failure of an outdoor rally, where you claim to have had 300+ in attendance, when we all know it was closer to about 20 or 30.

And then someone on a megaphone shouting phrases such as "The Blue Eyed Devils". and "White People". Yet you continue to falsely accuse the People's Voice Party of "Not liking the color of your skin".

Perhaps it was because the People's Voice Party not only included an African American, a Hispanic, and a Caucasian American in their party, but listened to ALL Sauk Village residents, without trying to segregate them, REGARDLESS of their color or creed.

And last, but not least, the deliberate inclusion of the Confederate Flag on your own campaign literature depicting Hanks as some sort of arryan nation, slavery supporting hick redneck, when NONE OF YOU have been in our community long enough to recognize the stature of ANY of the People's Voice Party, their accomplishments, or their dedication to the community.

I still have the original political literature you distributed with that image on it, and would be happy to post it in photo format here along with the other racist B.S. you had in that sorry attempt at a political cheap-shot. Let me know if you want me to post that one too...
bernhop wrote:
You did not like the color of our skin and therefore you wouldn't even try to listen to what we were trying to tell you. You made jokes but,I hope you can manage to smile when you get that nice increase in your water bill for the same filthy water and as we all try to pay back a possible 2.2 million dollar loan to repair a backup "well" that was shut down because it was dangerously contaminated with vinyl chloride (a known potent cancer causing agent)and who knows what else. You know what, you keep joking but as long as I am here I am going to keep fighting for what is right and against what is wrong.
A New Progress Party Member and Proud of it!

Since: Oct 08

Chicago, IL

#15 Apr 18, 2011
Couple things here Bernhop...

Trustee Benson is about to undergo a political "Neutering" with his false claims and lies, as the Village Board readies his censure in a short 24 hours. You can't as a Village Trustee go around to people in the community and falsely accuse your own Police Department of perpetrating home burglaries. But that will play out on its own Tuesday night.

And as far as for your young "Lil'D" Thomas ( Actually, its Thompson, but I'm considering your intellectual level here ) he *MIGHT* be good for the youth in the community - provided he could pass a crimminal background check, and agree to submit to one. But since he couldn't be hired for a U.S. Census taker's position, I'll leave that on up to you to deduce on your own. But in case you can't ( Since you don't know his last name apparently ) This means he couldn't pass THEIR background check.

Funny how FACTS support TRUTH. And TRUTH prevails over false prophets and apostiles every time.
bernhop wrote:
<quoted text>
Trustee Benson is maybe a little too honest and direct in his opinions but he fights for the village, as does Trustee Anderson. But most people are afraid because the two traits I listed above are ingredients not often found in politics. Trustee Benson is a fighter and let's not give up on him but more than that 'I hope he doesn't give up on us'!
As for young Mr. Thomas (Lil D) I believe he would have helped us all to reconnect with our village youth. We could really use some new idea's cause it is obvious that the old ones are not working..

Since: Oct 08

Chicago, IL

#16 Apr 18, 2011
Oh, let me know if you want me to post that New Progress Party mailer where they placed an image of the Confederate Flag on it here in the Topix Photos so everyone can see who the real perpetraters of racial hatred are here...
abc

Muncie, IN

#17 Apr 21, 2011
can you please post it I would like to see

Since: Oct 08

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 21, 2011
In response to your request ABC, I have posted the photo of the actual flyer in a new thread. When you view the full size photo, the Confederate flags are at the bottom of the Political mailer/flyer distributed by the New Progress Party along with DISPROVED accusations made by them.

Did I forget to mention to you also, that Mayor Towers actually SUPPORTED Lynda Allen Washington, Darrick Thompson, and sitting Village Trustee Francine Anderson in their campaign for election to Village Trustees? In case I forgot to mention it, there it is.

The Confederate Flags have their place in history, and are musunderstood, mainly because they have been adopted as symbols of racial hatred by groups such as the White Arryan Nation, The Nazi Party, and the KKK. Do you feel it should be used on a Political flyer against a political opponent? Is something like that even appropriate?

That is up to the reader to decide...
abc wrote:
can you please post it I would like to see
Guy Nocologic

Markham, IL

#19 Feb 8, 2012
Hey , is that Linda girl preggers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sauk Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Calumet City in the 60's & 70's (Feb '10) 4 hr Kurt 73
Blue Island go to your page 13 hr Doubting Thomas 2
So Midlothian is Short on Cash... 14 hr Doubting Thomas 11
know the boards can party 17 hr Gary Ind 6
Village Building Department 17 hr Gary Ind 15
Jeffrey Hon. Sun Cherie 2
Jeff Hon. Dept head. Sun Cherie 2
More from around the web

Sauk Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]