Sauk Village water
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
trojan-horse

AOL

#1 Nov 24, 2009
Mayor Towers ran on the idea of better water for Sauk Village. Now six months in office and not a word about it. What gives?
anonymous

Wheaton, IL

#2 Nov 25, 2009
We are never going to see it.
Hmmmmm

Oak Forest, IL

#3 Nov 25, 2009
How many people out there have water that smells like rotten eggs ?
Jeanine

Hazel Crest, IL

#4 Nov 25, 2009
This has been a long standing issue for many many years. All of us have experienced horrible smelling water, clothing, dishes, etc. being damaged from the water. It was brought up numerous times in the open board meetings and it was always responded to by the board, Mayor, included, that it was up to the Village residents to vote it in. The reason for the vote, to simplify, was that the cost would be passed on to the Village residents. It was explained a few times that the majority of the cost would be because of laying the pipes to get the Lake Michigan water. It was stated that SV has to tap into a nearby town, Lynwood for example. There are costs associated with that as well. EAch and every time it has come up for the residents to vote on, it didn't pass once the residents found out how much money it would cost them. Which is donkey fritters. All residents still pay the little $2.00 charge every year for the sewer charge, which was supposed to be paid off many many many years ago, why are SV residents still paying for the sewer charge. That too was explained, when you call the Village Hall or question it in open board meetings, that was for SV to run new sewers, way back over 30 years ago. Now, when you do some research, which I have, nobody, and I mean nobody, can give you a straight answer why SV is still pay this. What happened to when everyone was complaining that the government agency came in and found the water questionable? Didn't Crestwood, or another nearby town just go through all this? SV will never see the better water unless the Village Board gets off their butts and writes a grant for it, or the Village residents agree to pay for it. Personally, I don't think that a town's residents should have to pay for water that is good tasting, non-corrosive and more important-SAFE. The rotten egg smell, can very possible be due to the sewers. SV sewers are so outdated. For goodness sakes, you can't even find the B-trap in your own front yard because it has been covered over so many times. We found out that our home was actually built on tanks that were burried, just like the old Sterks, just like the old 7-11-ever notice how the floors slanted, it was the building being built on unstable ground due to underlying tanks.
bernhop

Harvey, IL

#5 Apr 17, 2011
I am presently working with a small group to change our SV water situation. But I must say that there is only so much a few of us can do. What we need to do is put our small differences aside and band together for the bigger good and get this done. The bigger the crowd the louder the voice.
bernhop-Sauk V Resident

Harvey, IL

#6 Apr 17, 2011
I am a resident of Sauk Village. On Tues. April 19, 2011-at 6:45 an Illinois EPA meeting will be held at the village hall. As residents, we should get a better understanding of proposed actions in connection with our water situation.

This is a public forum and questions can be asked.
Free Louie

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 18, 2011
Bernhop, please let everyone know that the Illinois EPA loan to fix Well #3 is mandatory as directed by EPA..Sauk Village does not have a choice in this matter. Unfortunately, it will cost the Village $1.6 million after the discounted amount is applied. The Village Board is working on conducting a series of seminars to educate the residents of the pros vs cons of Lake Michigan water as well as other options. From these seminars, the residents will be need to determine which option they would want the Village to take.

Since: Oct 08

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 18, 2011
But that would mean you'd have to potentially work with those blue eyed devils that don't like the color of your skin, right Bernhop? We know what "FEW" people you are representing, and the residents of Sauk Village can make their own informed decisions with reliable information, not rhetoric of your New Progress Party fallout group. Thanks though for the offer, but give us blue eyed devil white hicks a little more credit than that...
bernhop wrote:
I am presently working with a small group to change our SV water situation. But I must say that there is only so much a few of us can do. What we need to do is put our small differences aside and band together for the bigger good and get this done. The bigger the crowd the louder the voice.
Mrs Hopkins

Harvey, IL

#9 Dec 11, 2011
Sauk Village Voice wrote:
But that would mean you'd have to potentially work with those blue eyed devils that don't like the color of your skin, right Bernhop? We know what "FEW" people you are representing, and the residents of Sauk Village can make their own informed decisions with reliable information, not rhetoric of your New Progress Party fallout group. Thanks though for the offer, but give us blue eyed devil white hicks a little more credit than that...
<quoted text>
What in the world are you talking about. Where did this blue eyed devil s--t come from. Stop your lies and twisting of the truth. I said nor made any reference to blue eyed devils!!! What the hell is all this suppose to be about?.
Mrs Hopkins

Harvey, IL

#10 Dec 11, 2011
trojan-horse wrote:
Mayor Towers ran on the idea of better water for Sauk Village. Now six months in office and not a word about it. What gives?
Please, come to the Tuesday Sauk Village Hall meetings. You will gain first hand knowledge of how Mayor Towers is being fought and hendered with regards to accomplishing anything in the Village. The Mayor can and does disagree with what the majority of the Trustees are doing. But he is out voted. When what they inact does not work, it is the Mayor who is blamed for the mess. Come and see! Use your own judgement!
Mrs Hopkins

Harvey, IL

#11 Dec 11, 2011
Free Louie wrote:
Bernhop, please let everyone know that the Illinois EPA loan to fix Well #3 is mandatory as directed by EPA..Sauk Village does not have a choice in this matter. Unfortunately, it will cost the Village $1.6 million after the discounted amount is applied. The Village Board is working on conducting a series of seminars to educate the residents of the pros vs cons of Lake Michigan water as well as other options. From these seminars, the residents will be need to determine which option they would want the Village to take.
Another one of your lies bites the dust. According to recently documented information, the Sauk Village Water infrastucture must be repaired. This will be exspensive and the quality of our water will not raise but our water bills will. Do a FOYA (Freedom of Information Act) request to verify if what I am saying is correct.
Or do you already know that I am correct?
Ache Too Ohh

Tinley Park, IL

#12 Dec 11, 2011
Infrastructure should be maintained nontheless. The only questions that remain are:

Will the residents want to pay the costs associated with the requirements for Lake Michigan water once they find out what that is?

Will the residents accept a lower cost alternative to deal with what we already have?

We will find this and the answer to the future of Sauk Village come election time .
Slick Lewie

Tinley Park, IL

#13 Dec 17, 2011
Nevahmind that I campaigned on clean water. Them crakahs ain't let me do anythings. I trys to get people in here that I trust and they tell lies like we got no money. I know we gots money cuz me and Ennie gots us some. We just wants more before they kicks us out.
firefly

Harvey, IL

#14 Dec 19, 2011
@Ms. Hopkins How do you get FOYA out of Freedom of Information Act? or do you believe it is actually Freedom of Yo Act?
Dr Proctor

Tinley Park, IL

#15 Dec 19, 2011
She has the classic symptoms of Hopkin's Disease ; she doesn't know what she is talking about!
Wake Up

Tinley Park, IL

#16 Dec 20, 2011
The Village government is structured so that the Mayor is the ambassador and the Trustees are the governing body. It was devised to prevent larceny.
Whoever doesn't like it is probably a crook.
Mrs Hopkins

Harvey, IL

#17 Jan 24, 2012
Slick Lewie wrote:
Nevahmind that I campaigned on clean water. Them crakahs ain't let me do anythings. I trys to get people in here that I trust and they tell lies like we got no money. I know we gots money cuz me and Ennie gots us some. We just wants more before they kicks us out.
Are You serious. Where did you go to school? Was this suppose to be funny a joke or what? Something is really wrong with you!!!
Mrs Hopkins

Harvey, IL

#18 Jan 24, 2012
firefly wrote:
@Ms. Hopkins How do you get FOYA out of Freedom of Information Act? or do you believe it is actually Freedom of Yo Act?
As long as you understood my meaning, All is well.
Mrs Hopkins

Harvey, IL

#19 Jan 24, 2012
Sauk Village Voice wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU STUPID!!
Mrs Hopkins

Harvey, IL

#20 Jan 24, 2012
Dr Proctor wrote:
She has the classic symptoms of Hopkin's Disease ; she doesn't know what she is talking about!
I had hoped to reason with you fools but that is not looking too good. So for now I am done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sauk Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True value 3 hr Sheila 5
MORE Confederate flags????? (Aug '11) 18 hr Donnie Smith 64
Corrupt Trustees Thu FYI 4
What is your favorite thing about Midlothian? Wed Doubting Thomas 29
Con Artists from Steger. Tue Rose 4
john samolis (Mar '11) Jun 29 Mario 22
Almost nothing but vacant buildings west of Dix... Jun 28 Google Street view 1
More from around the web

Sauk Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE