Man's Body Found Under Charred Home Days After Fire

The body of a man was found Wednesday beneath a "tremendous" amount of debris following a weekend house fire in south suburban Sauk Village. Full Story
NWI from SV

Hazel Crest, IL

#64 Jun 23, 2008
To answer Reginald, it's called accessory to fact. She new just prior to the fire, and at that moment was given information that a crime was about to happen. Had BOTH of them decided to go to the police at that time, inform the police of what was going on, Christina would be free, and Robert would be alive. It's THAT simple. Instead some obviously wrong choices were made.

We all have to remember that somewhere, behind ALL of those involved that appear in their early 20's, their friends (Posting about smoking weed, drinking, and "Rawb's" fondness for 40oz beers says alot. Perhaps if their judgement was not so badly askew with such judgement altering materials, this could have come out differently.

Even more sad, Christina, Robert, and even the owner of the property, all have parents somewhere asking what went wrong. And perhaps some that don't even care. We were ALL taught better, and know right from wrong, and what is breaking the law and what is not. Arson, and purposefully and willfully starting a home on fire is obviously wrong. This could have been even worse.

What if it had been windy. It could have caught other person's property on fire. What if the firefighter whose face was burned by falling debris was instead crushed under a major part of the structure and was killed. All those involved would be responsible for that murder as well.

The ramifications of this could have ran MUCH farther and wider than they already have. So Reginald, you don't need an autopsy report when someone says they had knowledge of a crime and did nothing to stop it. For that in itself is a crime when it comes down to it.

I truly feel bad for Rob, Christina, and all your friends and families for your troubles and loss. I feel even more sad for the parents that in spite of all the what if's and how come's they ask, they will in the back of their mind always feel as if somehow they failed as a parent now that it is too late.
theoneuhatesover ymuch

United States

#65 Jun 23, 2008
i hope so... i honestly do...

Since: Jun 08

Skokie, IL

#66 Jun 23, 2008
OMJ wow ppl are taking this way too far. Calm down everyone. there is no need to stick up for anyone. its over. and theres nothing that ne of us can do to rewind this and bring it back to normal . so my last words on this pathetic BASHING forum:

I LOVED RAWB AND KNEW A LOT OF PPL WHO DID. SO EVERYONE WHO HAS SOMETHING NASTY TO SAY ABOUT HIM CAN COME SAY IT TO MY FACE OR SHUT UP ABOUT IT.

to christinas mom and sister: she knew what she was doing but i think they were both coned into it. so if ne of u have someone to blame it should be bob-o.
Mary M

United States

#67 Jun 23, 2008
TRON324 wrote:
OMJ wow ppl are taking this way too far. Calm down everyone. there is no need to stick up for anyone. its over. and theres nothing that ne of us can do to rewind this and bring it back to normal . so my last words on this pathetic BASHING forum:
I LOVED RAWB AND KNEW A LOT OF PPL WHO DID. SO EVERYONE WHO HAS SOMETHING NASTY TO SAY ABOUT HIM CAN COME SAY IT TO MY FACE OR SHUT UP ABOUT IT.
to christinas mom and sister: she knew what she was doing but i think they were both coned into it. so if ne of u have someone to blame it should be bob-o.
we do blame bob and pray that he finally gets what he deserves. So everyone knows, Bob isn't a young guy...he's in his 50's maybe early 60's.
theoneuhatesover ymuch

United States

#68 Jun 23, 2008
i figured out who christina stone is... what trash.... my gawd fake from her hair to her toes and she sells her body for money ughh what filth they shoulda taken her kids on the fact that she was sleaze alone... and she had the nerve to start crap with me thank gawd i was the better woman and walked away... what gutter trash... she got hers though didn't she...
zoe

United States

#69 Jun 23, 2008
i just want to say i see both sides of this because tina being my best friend and rawb being an ex boyfriend of mine and long time friend. i see the look in her babys eyes. it is one of confustion and sadness. he cant fuiger out why his mommy wont come home. and sure she made a mistake but it was his friends dane and bobo that poured gasoline all over the house and let the house fill with natraul gas. causeing a flash fire that even if she call 911 he would have perished in that fire. i love rawb, he was great loveing brutaly honest man who was sett up by the very people who told him they were his friends. so just remember that we cant just blame one person we have to just let the blame go and remember him for who he was and how carismatic and funny he was.sure people will go to jail but that doesnt chage the fact that he is gone and that we loved him and that we will always remember him.
David

Bryans Road, MD

#70 Jun 23, 2008
The Sauk Village Police Department is inept. It's full of a bunch of dumb ass Barney Fife's. Christina is not guilty as charged! These assholes couldn't find there way out of a paper bag if they tried. Dig up the whole story not just the crap from your asses. As most have been told or heard...The guy Bobo who owned the house set this all up. He is the murderer. He was looking to get insurance money! Dane removed the furniture from the house and spread the gas and left the natural gas on. He's the murderer. Why are they still free? Because the SAUK VILLAGE POLICE DEPT. IS FULL OF IDIOTS!!!! A waste of tax dollars. Morons. The detective handling this case shouldn't be in law enforcement. The guy Bobo who owns the house that was set on fire by Rob, not Christina has a long history with the SVDP check the records and you will see. Oh yeah, I forgot. The SVDP doesn't allow the public or media to access these things because it will expose there consistent stupidity!!!!
David

Bryans Road, MD

#71 Jun 23, 2008
Tron, you only think you know what's going on. Bob has a long history of using kids for his own gain. Why did Rawb have Christina drive him there in the first place. Some great friend he was. Christina was a patsy for Bob, Dane and Rawb. The truth will come out....
NWI from SV

Chicago, IL

#72 Jun 23, 2008
Well, if you all would like to see the proper justice done, why not get ahold of the State Fire Marshall, and give a statement? All of this would be helpful testimony to prove the case, and possibly have Christina acquitted of the charges against her. All you have to do is give a statement and let the investigators do their work.

BE the friends to Robert and Christina you say you are, and make the call.
angry joe

Chicago, IL

#73 Jun 24, 2008
theoneuhatesoverymuch wrote:
wah wah wah... ur brother was an a$$ ok... bad mouth no i never defamed ur brothers name until just now.. honey if u died in a fire u started yourself... isn't it suicide? he killed himself and no good people don't start fires... just admit it your all white trash. i'm sure another one of you idiots from that circle will get an inflated head and think you can get away with something just because you had friends... and no i'm not christina and thank God i'm not cuz i just saw a pic of her and i don't think she'll be alive for very long in jail... so yea that lil twat will be getting hers too... stop making excuses for people who don't deserve it... i don't care if u thought this guy was great or not he started the fire he died in. he was an adult. stop misplacing the blame and justifying an injustified action... and honey i don't wanna sound mean but if you're his sister and cared so much for your brother why didn't u get the poor guy some help if he had these so called problems... and stop acting so innocent 50 buxx says u knew what he was gonna do and didnt stop him.
you talk too much shit i wish we were talkin about you'r death instead of robs.
Anonymus

Aurora, IL

#74 Jun 24, 2008
theoneuhatesoverymuch wrote:
it doesn't matter he was a drug addicted asshole loser with the mind of a psycho... he was popular and it wasn't his fault cuz he was bribed with a car...lmao i'm proud to be hated... it's better than being a popular dead guy...
Enough is enough....I'm tired of reading people's ignorant comments as to the fact that they actually think they know what the F*** they are talking about. HE WAS NOT A DRUG ADDICTED ASSHOLE LOSER WITH THE MIND OF A PSYCHO. Rob was a good person - a WELL loved son, grandson, brother, nephew & cousin. Yes, whatever led him to be at that location was a bad choice on his behalf. But the whole story is not KNOWN yet. So, before you start running your F*****G mouth about something you obviously know NOTHING of, leave it to his FAMILY (also including friends he considered like fam) and investigating officers to come to a conclusion. Great you love to be hated; says a lot about your character.
abc123

United States

#75 Jun 24, 2008
for those of you who have been badmouthing the pd and fd on this one, you can run your mouths all you want about how long it took for them to get there. and someone said that the fire started at 448 am. how do you know that? were you there too? the fire department got the call around 6am. got there shortly afterwards. they did their job. unfortunately, someone lost thier life, which sometimes happens when things like this happen. and im sure that the people who are taking his death the hardest, outside of his family and friends of course, are the members of the fire department who were there the morning of the fire. situations like this arent easy for anybody, except those of you who sit on here and think you have all the answers to everything and could have done anything better than anyone. have any of you ever been in a trailer fire while the roof was collapsing? my deepest condolences and heart felt sympathies go out to robs family and friends.
toni

Lansing, IL

#76 Jun 24, 2008
Maybe he wasn't a drug addict, but anyone who starts a fire, commonly known as ARSON, for personal gain, is an asshole loser with the mind of a physcho! What if kids were playing around the area when he did it? He could have killed those innocent kids. He CHOSE to start a fire, he CHOSE to takes his life in his own hands, worse yet, he CHOSE to take the chance to get himself killed and put his family through hell. He CHOSE these actions with NO regard for what could happen to others, himself or his family, now, what makes him so upstanding? Please if you can explain this to anyone, we'd all be glad to hear it. Don't insult our intelligence by saying he made a bad choice, a bad choice is choosing a hamburger over a steak, a bad choice is deciding to leave one job to go to another that doesn't pay, those are bad choices, starting a fire for personal gain wherein it may kill an innocent person IS NOT A BAD CHOICE IT IS CRIMINAL. If he was such a great guy like some are saying, why didn't he go to the PD? Why did he become involved in the first place? Why did he start the fire? For a car? Money? What?
Anonymus wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough is enough....I'm tired of reading people's ignorant comments as to the fact that they actually think they know what the F*** they are talking about. HE WAS NOT A DRUG ADDICTED ASSHOLE LOSER WITH THE MIND OF A PSYCHO. Rob was a good person - a WELL loved son, grandson, brother, nephew & cousin. Yes, whatever led him to be at that location was a bad choice on his behalf. But the whole story is not KNOWN yet. So, before you start running your F*****G mouth about something you obviously know NOTHING of, leave it to his FAMILY (also including friends he considered like fam) and investigating officers to come to a conclusion. Great you love to be hated; says a lot about your character.
toni

Lansing, IL

#77 Jun 24, 2008
What about the homeowners near that home? They could have been killed or injured. What about their property values going down because this burned out building will sit for months? Even though the owner of the property may have allegedly asked him to do this, HE CHOSE TO RISK MANY LIVES! He had little regard for human life, including his own. And as far as people bad mouthing SVPD-they can only charge people on evidence they have. The State's Attorney will issue other charges against people if there is evidence to do so. I can't believe you are trying to make this guy out to be such a great, wonderful, caring person. If your kid was riding his bike along the street when that house went up and your kid was hurt, would he be such a great guy? What it amounts to is you saying that, "oh geeze, the robber that was shot to death while attacking my momma was a great guy and just made bad choices". Please, there is nothing good about someone who choses to start a fire for personal gain, NOTHING. The take their lives in their own hands, others, innocent bystanders, etc. All for what, a car? Maybe a few thousand dollars? Gee, glad to see the risk to human life is that great. I feel bad for his family, and worse for society. I wish he would have lived with the scars from a fire that burned him beyond recognition, burned him so bad he felt the pain for months and months, so he would remember what he did was wrong, the pain that others may have felt if it was a child who was injured because of his actions for personal gain. I would have liked to see him live with the horrible scars of disfiguremennt in prison the rest of his life, afterall, when he chose to start that fire, he CHOSE to play God and place other's live's in danger. He got off way too easy in death, his family, they will pay in sorrow. People are making this way too light saying what a great guy he was and it is the owner's fault. Did the owner solicite arson, allegedly, but it WAS HE WHO CHOSE TO ACT UPON IT-not a good person. And to those of you who claim you loved him so much--F*&^ Y(*-if you loved him, and you had prior knowledge, YOU WOULD HAVE STOPPED HIM! I believe they call all of you writing about how great he was, Fair Weathered Friends".

“THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX”

Since: Jun 08

CALUMET PARK and BLUE ISLAND

#78 Jun 24, 2008
I can't bring myself to wish evil upon anyone because even the most vile people in this world were once innocent little newborns who apparently got screwed over at some point in their life by someone that resulted in them becoming deranged, sick, and yes, perhaps even vile criminals. It happens. I feel great sorrow for the victims in this world, but even the criminals were no doubt once victims themselves.

Instead of a penal system, perhaps we need locked psychiatric wards to rehabilitate when possible (and admittedly, it isn't always possible to rehabilitate).
Ru kidding me

Alsip, IL

#79 Jun 24, 2008
Myrrh, what kind of parent were you to raise a pot addicted alcohol abusing murderer! Were you the one to screw her over some point in her life to make her this way!! Or was it some one elses fault? Seems like you are making every excuse in the world to blame someone else for you and your daughters SCREWED UP LIFE!! She is an adult she made a choice now she must PAY!! Nothing you can say to make us believe anythng else!! How about lay off the drugs and alcohol and stay at home and raise your kids the right way! I hope she never steps foot out of that jail another day in her life!!
wow what a mess

Chicago, IL

#80 Jun 24, 2008
everyone will be punished for there roll in this. there are so so many fukked up things that people are saying on here it is so not worth it to be mad. be sad for your friend because no matter what crime he commited you knew him to be a great guy who you loved christinas mom stand by your daughter in your eyes she is your sweet little girl. when people let anger get the best of them bad things happen. peace people.
reginald humphrey hubert

Union, IL

#81 Jun 24, 2008
svpd needs aa new open-shut murder case since they couldnt solve the other one... im sure if anyone has ever delt with the prix they know exactly how incompitant they are. they break most constitutional rights reguardless of anything,its all bbout looking good. they dont need evidence to convict someone. I have known many cops and 91% are corrupt pieces of shlt. they are the true meaning of terrorists.. they should be the ones fighting in iraq, not our children. I dont know christina, and i know rob, so believe me about the police when my statements are in her favor... why havent they found bob?? more proof of thier incompitance. who ever moved his stuff knows where he is... they found thier scapaegoat and someone probably got a promotion at the precinct. its probably case closed. they probabaly arnt looking for them... with the svpd its guilty until proven innocent. ANY YOUNG PERSON KNOWS THIS.
abc123

United States

#82 Jun 24, 2008
Mary M wrote:
Christina is my sister, my baby sister. We're just as angry with her as you all are. But you have to understand that she really didn't know about this until her and rawb were almost to bob's. thats when rawb started telling her about bob's plan, about rawb getting the car and rawb promised christina that he would make sure that DANE would never bother her or her family again. Alls christina had to do was drive him there and wait. They both didn't know that the house was gonna go up like that. Bob said he poured a little bit of gasoline in the back and to just light it and leave. But what rawb and christina didn't know, is that DANE was there earlier and turned the gas on. Even if Christina would have gone in there or called the police right away, rawb still would have died. What about DANE, or CRAIG???? Where are they??? What about all the kids that helped Bob empty his house out?? Where's Bob??? And just in case any of those losers are reading this....don't think you're all gonna walk away and have this all pinned on my sister. The cops know about your parts, the judge knows about your part. So if you haven't been arrested yet, just wait...because you will be. Thats a promise.
To everyone on here that knows my sister...please don't talk about my niece or nephew. They don't deserve what's happening to them. They're just babies. Nobody is asked to be born, nor can we choose our parents. You all can be angry with her, hate her whatever, but you all know that she's not a murderer. I hope that my sister comes out of jail a whole new person. Anyone who knows Tina, knows that she's mouthy and bitchy and stubborn, but her family knows that underneath her tuff girl image, that she is a good person and doesn't mean to cause trouble. She's always been a handful. Our family has tried so hard to push her in the right direction. But Christina does what she wants and now she's paying for her stupid, stupid decisions.
To Rawb's family: I'm so sorry for your loss. I never met rawb, but knew of him. Regardless of how you or anyone else feels about my sister, please know that she did love rawb and thought the world of him. She really did. Again, I'm sorry, our whole family is very, very sorry.
Someone asked how it is that SVPD and FD screwed up....well, the fire did NOT start at 630am. It started at 448am. FD didn't show up until 630am!! FD did not search for any victims b/c they were told nobody was home. Doesn't matter if nobody was home....you're suppose to check!! Fires don't start themselves! SVPD knows of Bob and the crowd of kids that hang out with him. They've dealt with that house many, many times. For drugs, weapons, theft. Infact, my mother and sister filed a report on them about 2 years ago. How did SVPD screw up? Where's BOB???? If anyone should be charged with rawb's death it should be him. It should be Dane.
I was really shocked at how fast the PD got to this. Considering that they still haven't solved the murder of that young girl.
mary, if a fire in a trailer were to have started at 448 am, by 530, it would have been gone. and the fd got there before 630. they got the call at 604. woke up, got in their cars to drive to the station, got their fire gear on, got on the engine and drove there. they were on scene around 610. so whoever told you the fire started at 448, is a moron.
abc123

United States

#83 Jun 25, 2008
and another thing, how do you know they didnt do a search? how do you know they didnt start a search, got to a certain point and had to back out because of the intense heat and the roof caving in on them? at some point they have to think of their own safety. they are trained to make their own saftey number one. many of them make their safety number two, the victims in the fire being number one. and if they would have been able to finish the search and find him, there is no way to know if he would have been alive. and the fact that someone made the decision to pull their crew out when they did, let people go home to their wives, children, family and friends. and im sure that decision is making whoever made it, feel horrible. sadly enough, it was the right decision. its just tragic that he happened to be in there, no matter what the reason was that he there. NOONE deserves to die like that, no matter what type of person they were.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sauk Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
On The Bright Side 2 hr Dolton 5
Snow removal in Midlothian 4 hr well 3
posen 2015 trustee election 6 hr isb 2
Ten Cook County Residents Die Shoveling Snow: M... Sat kae-Butterfly-24 1
Midlothian Library Sat Dolton 4
Lillian R. Woodyatt Sat John Klawitter 1
park dist Feb 26 Voter 4
Sauk Village Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sauk Village People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future