Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2006

Hi,
I caught wind that the one stop wedding shop,'This Side Of Heaven' might be going out of business. Anyone else hear the same thing? They are going to be doing the decorating for a wedding I'm in and the bride is a little freaked about about the whole situation. She's already put $400 down and doesn't know if she should back out and find someone else while she still has time or stick with it being it might be just a rumor.
Michelle 102806

Rice, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2006

This is only a rumor. The person who owns the shop is a friend of my mothers and she also did my sister's wedding 8 years ago before she even opened the shop. She does a wonderful job and she would never leave anyone hanging. I just booked her to decorate my wedding in October.
Totally Satisfied Bride

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2006

Yeah I've heard the same rumor last Fall from Lori's Bridal, This Side of Heaven's competition. The day I walked into Lori's and told them i found a wedding gown at This Side of Heaven they told me not to buy from there since they were going out of business. If you ask me, that is the most pathetic way to compete with others, to spread rumors is horrible business practice. Girls...don;t you think that the doors would be closed already if they were going out of business over a year ago. I bought everything there. Bridal gown, bridesmaids, tuxedos, gifts, mother's gown, flower girl dress, jewelry, my shoes and accessories and they are doing my flowers and my decorating. I have gotten everything in earlier than expected and have had a wonderful experience. It is sad that the Bride in Distress has heard this rumor, because it is not coming from a reliable source and the ones that are spreading rumors are in fact the ones that are causing the bride to be stressed, not This Side of Heaven. I wouuld and plan to highly recommend This Side of Heaven to everyone I know getting married. While planning a wedding is truly stressful, keep in mind that rumors very rarely have a lot of merit behind them, and falling victim to them is only going to cause you to be more stressed. Good luck ladies planning your wedding.
jul

Saint Cloud, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

yes, put they do not have a good track record - my friend's daughter never received any of her bridesmaid dresses and a week before the wedding had to find 6 dresses somewhere else - not a good situation and they were not helpful in tracking them down until they received a letter from an attorney. She did not want to refund their $- my daughter isn't allowed to even look at "This Side of Heaven" and I've heard other horror stories too - we have looking in the metro area.
Kelly

Farmington, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2007

i also had a bad experence i am a bride and i went there and i have ordered my dresses my dresses are now 1 month late. that is not bad. but they are late. she is not helpful about tracking them down at all and when i was in my marriage prep i was talking and there where 3 different couples that there dresses never came or where "really" late. i am very dissapointed cause all our alterations are waiting on those dresses and she seems not to care.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sauk Rapids Discussions

Search the Sauk Rapids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2 St. Cloud anglers compete in national bass to... Jul 16 Saint Cloud Buckaroo Joe 2
MN Who do you support for Governor in Minnesota in... (Oct '10) Jun '14 doomsayer2014 847
Your Turn: It's time to act on immigration refo... Jun '14 dirtbag1958 1
Debate: Marijuana - St. Cloud, MN (Aug '10) May '14 Cole Rex 31
Michele Goodman Walker (Dec '12) May '14 Nina 2
CentraCare event geared toward women covers wid... May '14 Finger in your poop hole 4
What's it like to pursue Central Minnesota art ... May '14 Trigger 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sauk Rapids Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sauk Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE