Wetterling case 'person of interest' ID'd

The Stearns County sheriff said Friday that a 54-year-old resident of St. Joseph is a "person of interest" in the 21-year-old disappearance case of Jacob Wetterling. Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Twin Cities

#59 Jul 3, 2010
Theresa wrote:
<quoted text>Her child is still missing after 21 years, does it really matter what she is or not doing.
Exactly! I was responding to the poster who kept asserting that Mrs. Wetterling is running for something and is using her son's disappearance to further a political career. I should have followed up my statement with what you said, thank you for saying it.
WhatTheHeck

Minneapolis, MN

#60 Jul 3, 2010
annoymous wrote:
God, you folks are downright stupid! You saps on this message board are presuming that the Rassier family had purposely taken the kid on their property twenty years ago, given the fact that there is no evidence to back it up! Are you kidding me?!! What part of the critical logic you don't understand?
This news story is going to dry up like a water well within two weeks because the county sheriff's office is going to find out that the DNA testing does NOT match with their presumed suspect. The whole local media in town are going to wind up with egg on their faces, based on the promise of audience ratings and running a sensational story in order to embarrass the individual, who had no knowledge in the whole abduction affair. For one thing, I bet you idiots never took a mass media course in college, or the fact that the mainstream media can lie to you because of a self-serving bias, filled with people coming from that region in Saint Cloud.
Don't be so sure.
WhatTheHeck

Minneapolis, MN

#61 Jul 3, 2010
ZenBirdist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Obuma is trying to make people think that Mrs. Wetterling is running for congress. Apparently s/he didn't bother to read the MySpace page, which was created for her 2006 run at a seat.
Yep, lol!
Interesting

Minneapolis, MN

#62 Jul 4, 2010
Cold Spring Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you all see this?
Danny boy is not so saintly.
http://wcco.com/topstories/prosecutor.Aitken....
Well now, Danny boy has some explaining to do and he is a teacher to boot.
HollybyGolly

Minot, ND

#63 Jul 4, 2010
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now, Danny boy has some explaining to do and he is a teacher to boot.
It has been posted already that this is a DIFFERENT Dan Rassier
citylights

Delano, MN

#64 Jul 4, 2010
As far as trained search dogs unable to detect dead body scent, all that needs to happen is that there is bone marrow. A dog can find a two thousand year old dead body as long as there is in tact bone marrow.
Lily

Saint Paul, MN

#65 Jul 4, 2010
Innocent until proven guilty.
Let the investigators figure this out!
Nice to see that there are some new investigators working the case, however.
God's blessings to the Wetterlings! May they get answers soon.
petsr4ever

United States

#66 Jul 4, 2010
I remember the Wetterling case well. Lived in Minnesota then and it was big news and still is. I hope they can now bring closure to this case for the sake of the parents. I will say this, though. I hope this doesn't ruin someone's life if the Rassier really didn't have anything to do with it. It seems like we are already holding trial here. Remember; innocent until proven guilty. And there haven't even been brought any charges yet. Let's wait and see before we began to judge.

Since: Mar 10

STP

#67 Jul 4, 2010
Tiffany MAE Johnson wrote:
WHY DONT THEY DO A VOICE MRI STUDY WITH THE TWO BOYS THAT HEARD THE GUN MAN!! HELLO!!
A what??? If this has something to do with recognizing the gun man's voice... it happened 20 years ago! Fat chance.
Fred

Manchester, TN

#68 Jul 4, 2010
I was reading the profilers remarks on another site back then as to whom they thought the predator was......If DR is 54 then he would have fit the age that the profiler gave..DR would have been early 30's at that time even though profiler said she thought it was an loner uneducated man.....I somehting like that...IMO even though DR is educated yet he is involved in marathons and music etc....Does not mean he does not have a dark side.....Has he been married????In a stable relationship of anykind male or female...54 and still lives with mom and dad...I do think le should have searched the wood s that lead to there home that night....THat would have made since at least to me .....Ans DR comments that if they would have searched his house that night it would have been over with....What the heck did he mean by that....I also do wonder if the child whom was abducted from Cold Springs which is like 10 miles away who was taken and moleseted,,,I wonder if le got any DNA...From him,,the perp in that crime took the books clothes and only let him keep his snow suit bottoms,,,and he repeatly asked the boy do you reconize me.....Anyway I hope le has something good cause they don't hand out search warrants without having good probable cause ..I watched the movie The lovely bones the other night and I know it was a movie but look at btk...He was a Boy Scout leader...Church leader they looked over him too.....any god bless Jacob's family and allthose whom have missing loved ones out there....
Fred

Manchester, TN

#69 Jul 4, 2010
I also think it is odd that POI DR mom and dad were out of town.....A child went missing right in there driveway....What are the chances with that...I also think perp possibly knew Jacob or had been watching..I wonder where Jacob practiced hocked at????Can not wait to see how this unfolds....as Henry Lee says Velly Velly Intwesting...
St Paul Woman

Minneapolis, MN

#70 Jul 4, 2010
it has been my prayer since jacob was abducted that it would be found out who took him and that he would be found alive but only God knows, i hope that his Parents will find closure with this search
bob

Minneapolis, MN

#71 Jul 4, 2010
People who do marathons are usually pretty creepy and not to be trusted.
Fred

Manchester, TN

#72 Jul 5, 2010
Any new developments today?
thinkonit

Marshall, MN

#73 Jul 5, 2010
"I see a top rated television documentary in the future of the Wetterlings"
thinkonit

Marshall, MN

#74 Jul 5, 2010
bob wrote:
People who do marathons are usually pretty creepy and not to be trusted.
EXCEPT for those who know what a marathon is, has run and finished at least one and after the pain subsides begins training for the next - like my wife! I am proud of her! Wimps (you probably know about them) need not apply!
misty mama

Chanhassen, MN

#75 Jul 5, 2010
Kid JJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The point might have been that hopefully the search is not in vain. To destroy the property of two elderly people, who already are no doubt in a panic thinking what this could mean for their own son, would be a shame if it leads nowhere. The post about the yard might have been just been the product of poor writing. Let's hope so. He did express hope that Jacob would be found, so maybe we give him the benefit of the doubt.
kid jj- the apple doesn't usually fall far from the tree. The parents are probably hoping that their dysfunctional family is not brought to light.
I hope that Minnesota changes their laws so that criminal sexual abuse charges can be brought 10-15 yrs after they victim turns 18. I hate to see sex offenders walk on technicalities. Especially if they have DNA
Anders

Monroe, LA

#76 Jul 12, 2010
Many people have been asking if Al Rassier is related to Dan Rassier and that Al Rassier has a son Josh that would be the same age as Jacob. At first I thought so what. But then I searched Josh on facebook and myspace and both of his accounts have no pictures of him. Its just pictures of dogs and cats. Then I found a cousin of Josh on facebook named Jacob Rassier who kinda resembles Jacob Wetterling a little.I could be letting my imagination run wild and many people might think I'm crazy but something just doesn't seem right about this.
EJM

Superior, WI

#77 Jul 13, 2010
Anders wrote:
Many people have been asking if Al Rassier is related to Dan Rassier and that Al Rassier has a son Josh that would be the same age as Jacob. At first I thought so what. But then I searched Josh on facebook and myspace and both of his accounts have no pictures of him. Its just pictures of dogs and cats. Then I found a cousin of Josh on facebook named Jacob Rassier who kinda resembles Jacob Wetterling a little.I could be letting my imagination run wild and many people might think I'm crazy but something just doesn't seem right about this.
Evem if what you're saying is true, how would this ever relate to DR abducting JW?
Junior Skeptic

New York, NY

#78 Jul 13, 2010
Well it's looking like this whole investigation amounted to absolutely nothing, as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sauk Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are you afraid to tell the truth about Pastor D... Dec 14 X-Member 1
Do you approve of Michele Bachmann as Represent... (Jul '12) Nov '14 james 6
Somalia President Mohamud visit draws protest Oct '14 Grandpa with a be... 20
18 Y/o Thomas Bearson DOA By Associations ?? Sep '14 Air_Force1 1
2 St. Cloud anglers compete in national bass to... Sep '14 Saint Cloud Bucka... 4
Superman Sep '14 HeLives 3
Sauk Rapids Business Coleman Manufacturing appl... Aug '14 Anal Hair Salad 3
Sauk Rapids Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sauk Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sauk Rapids News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sauk Rapids

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News