Recognize, but don't erase

Recognize, but don't erase

There are 7 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 14, 2008, titled Recognize, but don't erase. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

In a recent column, Don Boxmeyer reported that on May 21, Wadena Avenue on St. Paul's East Side would become Aguirre Avenue, realizing a goal of Joseph Aguirre to have "some kind of recognition" for his ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

human too

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 15, 2008
I wonder, Mr. Stockert, which part of California you hail from? I also grew up in California (have been here since 1981), and I am having trouble envisioning a place in California rural enough to cause one to be "surprised by the traffic congestion in Minnesota." Maybe Susanville? Willitts? Lompoc? Blythe? It certainly couldn't have been anywhere near the 405, the 580, or the 110. Ever taken the drive out of LA up to Mammoth Lakes for a "ski weekend"? Or been caught in the hordes returning from Big Bear? I tell ya, when it comes to congestion, we got nothin'... nothin'!

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 May 15, 2008
I disagree with the writter regarding a new state park in Lake Vermilion. If you've ever been on that lake, it is not a prestine wilderness lake like you would see in the BWCAW. Lake Vermilion is already a recreational and fishing lake with many cabins and homes on it. We already have budget issues, taking this much land out of the potential tax base would just add to our deficit. We have trouble spending enough now to keep our state parks up, we don't need another one. Anyone who wants to visit and fish in this lake can do it now and will still be able to do it in the future without a new state park.

“Charity is a Personal Choice”

Saint Paul, MN

#3 May 15, 2008
Mr. LaForte, You appear to be wise beyond your years. Continue working hard at your education. In the years to come, the same classmates that disrupt your education will be the same people complaining that can't get a break and are being held down by you (the rich). The good news is someone will see fit to call you lucky and redistribute your wealth (tax) to these same lazy and disruptive people to even the playing field. Because you will have won at life's lottery.

You and your work ethic are what makes this country great. Keep up the hard work, apply yourself because you'll find it is much more rewarding both financially and spiritually.
Whatever

Evansville, WI

#4 May 15, 2008
I saw nothing in Mr. LaForte's letter to indicate he was rich. As for Mr. Stockert's letter, personally, I think what he was trying to convey was after fighting the traffic in CA, he wasn't expecting congestion in rural MN.

Location hidden

#5 May 15, 2008
Whatever wrote:
I saw nothing in Mr. LaForte's letter to indicate he was rich.
Yuo missed the point in the reply to LaForte. GB was indicating that because Laforte wants to concentrate on his education he has a much better chance of being successful than those who don't and a better chance of getting rich, and the goof offs will complain that it's unfair and they've been cheated.

“Charity is a Personal Choice”

Saint Paul, MN

#6 May 15, 2008
Former Ranger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yuo missed the point in the reply to LaForte. GB was indicating that because Laforte wants to concentrate on his education he has a much better chance of being successful than those who don't and a better chance of getting rich, and the goof offs will complain that it's unfair and they've been cheated.
You are correct sir!
Randie K

Saint Paul, MN

#7 May 15, 2008
How exactly are you a 'registered republican' Mr. Stockert?
Considering that we do not register voters by party in MN, I do not believe for one second that you have ever in any form supported the Republican Party.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sauk Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of Animal Rescues (Feb '17) 3 hr Jodes 3
News Trucking company owner admits stealing from wor... (Jan '13) Nov 8 Bad Business Prac... 2
News Judge rejects couple's argument for refusing ga... Nov 6 Wondering 372
News Habitat for Humanity's ReStore Going out of Bus... Sep '17 TARMANCER 1
News New Flyer Acquires Carlson Engineered Composite... Jun '17 The Back-Room Boys 1
News 2 St. Cloud anglers compete in national bass to... (Jul '14) Sep '14 Saint Cloud Bucka... 4
Sauk Rapids Business Coleman Manufacturing appl... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Anal Hair Salad 3

Sauk Rapids Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sauk Rapids Mortgages