Ex-governor Carlson endorses Independ...

Ex-governor Carlson endorses Independence Party candidate

There are 46 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Ex-governor Carlson endorses Independence Party candidate. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Former Minnesota Governor Arne Carlson is endorsing the Independence Party candidate for governor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The real - NICE

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 13, 2010
Sounds good to me!
Stan

San Jose, CA

#2 Sep 13, 2010
"Carlson was considered a moderate Republican ... who endorsed Democrat Barack Obama for president in 2008. "

Enough said.
Love Llamas and cats

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Sep 13, 2010
If Arne was running, I sure as hell would vote for him. Arne could have been governor for as long as he liked.
Love Llamas and cats

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Sep 13, 2010
Stan wrote:
"Carlson was considered a moderate Republican ... who endorsed Democrat Barack Obama for president in 2008. "
Enough said.
Now that's just darned disappointing. You're right. Enough said.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Sep 13, 2010
John McCain was a moderate republican, and Arne went with Obama. Classifying Carlson today as anything other than a Liberal is fallacy.
Disillusioned

Mankato, MN

#6 Sep 13, 2010
With the failures of the Obama administration quite evident in our economy, and nowhere to hide because his party has complete control of our federal government, getting the endorsement of "a Republican" who supported Obama should definitely push those on the fence to flee from Tom Horner.
Don Juan Cartier

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Sep 13, 2010
Carlson is a fool and one of many proverbial pied pipers... as is every career politician who only know one thing...spend, spend, spend...tax...tax...tax!!!

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#8 Sep 13, 2010
Did Arne ever see a tax he did not want to levy?

How did his fiscal policies and understanding of economics impact Minnesota?

Arne endorsed Hussein Obama?

Yes, a real Republican, that Arne.

If I was Horner, I would ask Arne to stay home.
east sider

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Sep 13, 2010
RINO
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Sep 13, 2010
I sure wish that darned Arnie would go back to that crazy wife, Barbara and leave the heavy lifting to those more capable. He was never a Republican and I think he has a little too much in common with John Grunseth.
FL Guy

Cave Creek, AZ

#11 Sep 13, 2010
Arne has been pissed off and working to ruin the Republican party since he was governor. I'm not sure why but this move is obviously to distract Republicans into considering someone other than the best candidate for conservatives, Tom Emmer.
Dr Kildare

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Sep 13, 2010
Ex govenor......ex republican. Otherwise put, a republican in democratic sheep's clothing

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#13 Sep 13, 2010
This is nothing more than one Republi-thug endorsing another. No big deal. And certainly not a news story.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Sep 13, 2010
Jeff T in MPLS wrote:
Did Arne ever see a tax he did not want to levy?
How did his fiscal policies and understanding of economics impact Minnesota?
Arne endorsed Hussein Obama?
Yes, a real Republican, that Arne.
If I was Horner, I would ask Arne to stay home.
I think history will demonstrate that Public Works took a beating under Arnie's watch. Ironically, todays Strib says that Minneapolis & St. Paul are banking on, but are unlikely to receive a full allotment of LGA for 2011. If it doesn't materialize then guess what? Public Works is on the chopping block. I wonder why we can't cancel a few ribbon cuttings for Community Centers and the like? As if that's not bead enough, our statehouse politicians are in the midst of erecting a huge monument to serve as a reminder of government incompetence where the 354W bridge used to jiggle. How are the worker-bugs going to get to work?
Hussein Obama

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Sep 13, 2010
You are the most intellgent guy in the world--how orginal--how cool is that---your ignorance is amazing---i`m glad I`m not your neighbor and I`m glad I don`t have to work with you--jeffT you are a D--A--if you don`t know what that means ask one of the neighbor kids
----------I will never vote Republican---you can thank Fox/Beck/Palin/Bachmann for that---what a bunch of screw balls.---I`m Democratic/Liberal/progressive and proud of it.
Motheaten UofM sweater

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Sep 13, 2010
"2012 is not that far away."

What's going to happen in 2010? We're going to elect REAL conservatives instead of effeminate RINOS (like Arne) and outright traitors? Remember the last time a Republican majority repealed a bunch of egregious, unconstitutional legislation, cut the size of the government and then cut their own benefits and pay? No? Me either.
PB in St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Sep 13, 2010
Interesting endorsement, even more so for what it says about Emmer.

“Get RIGHT or be left”

Since: Nov 07

www.dreamindemon.com

#18 Sep 13, 2010
Hussein Obama wrote:
You are the most intellgent guy in the world--how orginal--how cool is that---your ignorance is amazing---i`m glad I`m not your neighbor and I`m glad I don`t have to work with you--jeffT you are a D--A--if you don`t know what that means ask one of the neighbor kids
----------I will never vote Republican---you can thank Fox/Beck/Palin/Bachmann for that---what a bunch of screw balls.---I`m Democratic/Liberal/progressive and proud of it.
You said it best...

...you are a screw ball democrat/liberal/progressive that is prideful.

...and we don't want you here. So don't pretend you are staying away because you want to. You have to think to qualify.
Dan Wesson Guy

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Sep 13, 2010
I thought Arne was a pretty decent governor, but he seems to have gotten a little goofy on us these past few years.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20 Sep 13, 2010
Hussein Obama wrote:
thank you for your thoughts, hopey-changey !
I think i hear the bell ringing for 4th period---better get going!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sauk Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite sabotage, green energy jobs are blowing... Aug '18 Solarman 1
News Pastor rejects gay musicians from Minnesota Cat... (Jan '18) Jul '18 Uncle Sam 38
Where to get heroin in St. Cloud mn (Jan '18) Jan '18 Russia 1
Beware of Animal Rescues (Feb '17) Nov '17 Jodes 3
News 2 St. Cloud anglers compete in national bass to... (Jul '14) Sep '14 Saint Cloud Bucka... 4
Sauk Rapids Business Coleman Manufacturing appl... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Anal Hair Salad 3
News Frozen pipes create struggle for St. Cloud-area... (Feb '14) Mar '14 Sammy 2

Sauk Rapids Jobs

Personal Finance

Sauk Rapids Mortgages