Reality

Malden, MA

#1 Jan 16, 2013
First and foremost is that the casino will end up in revere. Deleo is speaker and represents east Boston. He holds the more control and influence than anyone from our city.

The casinos will not employ local residents in most jobs. Unless you know how to run a casino game professionally they will bring in seasoned casino employees to run the games and that is where the money is for workers. Housekeeping jobs are what will be available to locals.

Watch every Foxwoods ad you see on television. They crowds they show are hardly representative of their real clientele. The wonder of it all. Ha ha.

Our locals will sell out everyone they know for an advantage in getting it here yet they underestiimate that we are a bunch of local yokels. This is the same city that it took until recently to get rid of a bicameral (look it up) political system. Progress indeed.

I would prefer that we get rid of absentee landlords, an ineffective police force and a political environment where we look out for this great city instead of looking out for our own bank accounts. Who says they are proudly from Everett when you go outside of our quaint community?

If you disagree I can respect that. I would prefer that you respectfully move.

P.S. lets clean house in the school system. There is more to community pride than a good football system that recruits players from outside our town let alone a superintendent that has the audacity to let an an auditorium be named in is honor when he's still working and still alive.

I would have named it after Keverian. At least he didn't have to appear before a court for stealing.
Reality

Malden, MA

#2 Jan 16, 2013
I do hope my post pisses people off and make no excuses other than we have a gem of a city with good people yet we screw up our own opportunities.

Who wants to be Chelsea?. I know I don't.

Someone needs to man up and make it happen.

Take this city back from the crap we are dealing with.

I know I have loved this city for a long time and it's sickening watching it being wasted.

Someone please step up to plate and make it happen. We have our one and only chance at it.
everett citizen

Malden, MA

#3 Jan 17, 2013
cant wait to see the people the city gets opening a new casino
Reality

Malden, MA

#4 Jan 17, 2013
I was certain my comments on such a big issue would have generated comments both pro and con for a casino.

Instead pretty much silence.

That tends to happen when people are presented with facts.

So sad.

People won't even talk about it.
Young professional

Medford, MA

#5 Jan 17, 2013
Reality, I am a little bit confused by your initial comment and your intention with this thread. If it is to generate discussion, I'll add my $0.02. I think we can do better than a casino. Lower Broadway, despite its appearance and history as host to nasty polluted former chemical sites, is in a great location. It's practically walking distance to downtown Boston, though the roads in between aren't exactly pedestrian-friendly. Still, the location has huge potential to attract businesses and residences and serve as a gateway to revitalizing the city. I agree that we need to restore community pride and the school system definitely needs serious attention. That said, there are bits and pieces of pride and lots of friendly people, at least in my neighborhood, and I think we could turn things around. Hope this is a helpful contribution. Take care!
Reality

Malden, MA

#6 Jan 17, 2013
To young professional. Thank you thank you thank you.

I agree with your idea and applaud your post.

Props to you for your post.

I'm glad you take pride in this great City.

Again, I sincerely thank you for your contribution to this discussion.

I encourage you to continue.
Reality

Malden, MA

#7 Jan 17, 2013
And yes, young professional, I am trying to generate discussion.

Thanks again for contributing.

I look forward to more whether I agree or disagree. At least someone will speak (post) what's on their mind.
Everett Resident

Everett, MA

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Welcome to Everett Young Professional !! Please post more often...
Rug Doctor

Boston, MA

#9 Jan 17, 2013
I've said this before....the site where they want to put the casino should be where a marijuana dispensary should be put. It's out of the way of people who won't be buying it and in a perfect spot with high visibility.
Marijuana is going to be the biggest industry in this state in 2 years so Everett should get rolling with it. I also suggest you buy stock in these dispensaries too because eventually the big drug companies will be buying them up.
Malden Resident

United States

#10 Jan 17, 2013
I thought that Wonderland was a better spot for some sort of casino action Its near a scenic view of the beach, state police are close by, and public transportation is near to cut down on traffic Suffolk Downs is a larger area and is on a public transportation line too but I prefer Wonderland Build the casino in Milford which is the half way point between Boston and Providence and already has Interstate 495 and a lot of wooded area to build Good point about the Foxwoods ads showing people with money versus riff raff bussed in from surrounding states via the coupon system that lures them there begin with
everett

Everett, MA

#11 Jan 18, 2013
Reality wrote:
I do hope my post pisses people off and make no excuses other than we have a gem of a city with good people yet we screw up our own opportunities.
Who wants to be Chelsea?. I know I don't.
Someone needs to man up and make it happen.
Take this city back from the crap we are dealing with.
I know I have loved this city for a long time and it's sickening watching it being wasted.
Someone please step up to plate and make it happen. We have our one and only chance at it.
I'm sorry but Chelsea is now better than Everett. They are building and thriving and we aren't. I never thought I would ever say I would rather live in Chelsea.
everett II

Springfield, MA

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Reality wrote:
First and foremost is that the casino will end up in revere. Deleo is speaker and represents east Boston. He holds the more control and influence than anyone from our city.

The casinos will not employ local residents in most jobs. Unless you know how to run a casino game professionally they will bring in seasoned casino employees to run the games and that is where the money is for workers. Housekeeping jobs are what will be available to locals.

Watch every Foxwoods ad you see on television. They crowds they show are hardly representative of their real clientele. The wonder of it all. Ha ha.

Our locals will sell out everyone they know for an advantage in getting it here yet they underestiimate that we are a bunch of local yokels. This is the same city that it took until recently to get rid of a bicameral (look it up) political system. Progress indeed.

I would prefer that we get rid of absentee landlords, an ineffective police force and a political environment where we look out for this great city instead of looking out for our own bank accounts. Who says they are proudly from Everett when you go outside of our quaint community?

If you disagree I can respect that. I would prefer that you respectfully move.

P.S. lets clean house in the school system. There is more to community pride than a good football system that recruits players from outside our town let alone a superintendent that has the audacity to let an an auditorium be named in is honor when he's still working and still alive.

I would have named it after Keverian. At least he didn't have to appear before a court for stealing.
Could you expand on your comment about an ineffective police force, I'd be interested to hear why you think it is ineffective.
NON RESIDENT

Portsmouth, NH

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Reality Wrote "I would prefer that we get rid of absentee landlords."
I disagree . I am an absentee landlord of my deceased parents home. I visit once a week, keep the yard clean, house in order. When it snows I visit within 4 hours to clean the sidewalk and driveway. I pay my taxes on time and my rent is well below the market.$600. a month for a five room apartment with off street parking
I do not want a casino
Stan

Medford, MA

#14 Jan 18, 2013
NON RESIDENT wrote:
Reality Wrote "I would prefer that we get rid of absentee landlords."
I disagree . I am an absentee landlord of my deceased parents home. I visit once a week, keep the yard clean, house in order. When it snows I visit within 4 hours to clean the sidewalk and driveway. I pay my taxes on time and my rent is well below the market.$600. a month for a five room apartment with off street parking
I do not want a casino
Do you rent to coons?

Get back in your car and screw back to Middleton.

Turd
dope for everett

Malden, MA

#15 Jan 19, 2013
NON RESIDENT wrote:
Reality Wrote "I would prefer that we get rid of absentee landlords."
I disagree . I am an absentee landlord of my deceased parents home. I visit once a week, keep the yard clean, house in order. When it snows I visit within 4 hours to clean the sidewalk and driveway. I pay my taxes on time and my rent is well below the market.$600. a month for a five room apartment with off street parking
I do not want a casino
To bad you don't get a vote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saugus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Communter rail service and the North Stairs 2 hr Just Mad 2
Election 2015 3 hr No limits 10
chelsea st murder (Mar '13) 20 hr huh 81
Yarmouth Yahoo's Wed EverettCitizen 2
brazilians in everett gotta go (Apr '12) Feb 22 EverettCitizen 233
pot holes awareness Feb 22 Greed rules 2
Harold Mayo Feb 22 glad 2

Saugus News Video

Saugus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Saugus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:53 pm PST